Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

takata harness

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default takata harness

hey all. Was wondering if this harness would fit good in my EK hatch. ive got recaro seats in it that are from a DC2.

the harness is a 5 point type, will I attach the 5th strap under the seat yeah?

Also, do the straps that go through the top holes in the seats look long enough??

Im just asking as im getting this real cheap.

Thanks y'all

Modified by hondacivicEK at 11:10 AM 1/13/2005
Old 01-13-2005, 10:12 AM

Default Re: takata harness (hondacivicEK)

I think you'll need a seatbelt bar for the shoulder straps. I know in my 240 they wouldnt reach my rear strut bar.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Re: takata harness (iNCU3US)

dont get it, your not going fast enough anyways
Old 01-13-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: takata harness (caonima)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by caonima &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont get it, your not going fast enough anyways </TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm sure comments like that are the reason you have less than 100 posts and are already @95%

shut your mouth !!!!<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondacivicEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey all. Was wondering if this harness would fit good in my EK hatch. ive got recaro seats in it that are from a DC2.

the harness is a 5 point type, will I attach the 5th strap under the seat yeah?

Also, do the straps that go through the top holes in the seats look long enough??

Im just asking as im getting this real cheap.

Thanks y'all

Modified by hondacivicEK at 11:10 AM 1/13/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

deff. looks like you will need a b pillar bar for the shoulders straps and or a weld in .... i had a similar issue with my simpson harness
Old 01-13-2005, 11:07 AM

hi, sorry for the stupid question... but is the B piller bar the bar that goes from the rear top seat belt mounts? You get them on ebay...

if so then ive already got one
Old 01-13-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Re: takata harness (lsed-eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lsed-eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i'm sure comments like that are the reason you have less than 100 posts and are already @95%

shut your mouth !!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

you are such a ***** ahha , can you not fatham a simple opinion? i geuss your just that close minded, if you dont have a rollcage in your car, you dont need a 5point harness, unless your solely putting them in for the looks/making it look fast.

oh and maybe take a look at my join date, thats probably why i dont have 100+posts, but your to stupid to ever think of somehting like that.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You need either a cage or a harness bar to use that effectively. You can get hurt badly in an accident with a harness that isn't installed correctly.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Re: takata harness (Ricey McRicerton)

yeah I was reading up about it a little, and I heard that you shouldnt use them without a cage. I dont really plan on driving the car that hard, its more just for looks tbh
Old 01-13-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: takata harness (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You need either a cage or a harness bar to use that effectively. You can get hurt badly in an accident with a harness that isn't installed correctly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

+1
Old 01-13-2005, 11:24 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by caonima &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you are such a ------- ahha , can you not fatham a simple opinion? i geuss your just that close minded, if you dont have a rollcage in your car, you dont need a 5point harness, unless your solely putting them in for the looks/making it look fast.

oh and maybe take a look at my join date, thats probably why i dont have 100+posts, but your to stupid to ever think of somehting like that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

gee lost 2 more points in 5 min ... wonder why ????
Old 01-13-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: takata harness (lsed-eg)

for replying to you obviously, and look you said "+1" and im the forum troll? hahaha
Old 01-13-2005, 11:34 AM

So the harness should just connect to my rear piller bar? That goes from both top seat belts mounts?
Old 01-13-2005, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by caonima &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for replying to you obviously, and look you said "+1" and im the forum troll? hahaha</TD></TR></TABLE>

he was agreeing with ricey, as do i
+2
Old 01-13-2005, 11:58 AM

yes , thats the way i have mine and have had good luck with them in that position ...
Old 01-13-2005, 12:00 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by caonima &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for replying to you obviously, and look you said "+1" and im the forum troll? hahaha</TD></TR></TABLE>

forum troll? ..... sure .. ok...
Old 01-13-2005, 12:07 PM

How will he be able to put it on the b pillar bar when he's got bolts at the end of the straps?
Old 01-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> So the harness should just connect to my rear piller bar? That goes from both top seat belts mounts? </TD></TR></TABLE>

no you are referring to a c-pillar bar. you need a b-pillar bar or a cage.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Re: (Ricochet.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricochet. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How will he be able to put it on the b pillar bar when he's got bolts at the end of the straps?</TD></TR></TABLE>

well, for instance with my harnesses they came with bolt brakets or teathers .. i think thats what there called , they fasten the strap on the bar with out bolts
Old 01-13-2005, 01:21 PM

cool.
btw lsed-eg, those quotes in your sig are a riot
Old 01-13-2005, 01:31 PM
egizzle8

Default Re: (Ricochet.)

If your getting it cheap just get it anyways. Your not gonna lose money on it. If you don't buy it, hell let me get it and how much you getting it for?
Old 01-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondacivicEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So the harness should just connect to my rear piller bar? That goes from both top seat belts mounts?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, you should never connect a harness to a rear pillar or strut bar.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: takata harness (rodrez.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodrez. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, you should never connect a harness to a rear pillar or strut bar. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct. Unlike some other harnesses, ie: simpson, schroth, rci, etc; the belts for that certain Takata model are long enough and meant to mount to a solid part of the chassis. The two long straps are meant to go through the holes on the seat, over the harness bar, and back to either the factor rear seatbelt holes or a spot where you designate to mount them. The inner right belt will need to be mounted somewhere through the body with a plate on the underside to prevent tearout. And the same goes for the 5th point. Your original front seatbelt lower mounting hole will suffice for mounting the left lap belt.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:13 PM

You can bolt them to underneath the back seats... I did it for my 4 points.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: takata harness (NeverEverSatisfied)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NeverEverSatisfied &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can bolt them to underneath the back seats... I did it for my 4 points.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's not the proper way to mount your harness either. Be careful.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: takata harness (rodrez.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodrez. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's not the proper way to mount your harness either. Be careful. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Unfortunately, I'm not even sure it's worth the effort of warning people anymore. Most people in this thread appear to be more concerned with the "bling" factor than with their personal safety, which is ironic in a thread regarding harnesses.

Quick Reply: takata harness