Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

tail light (auxiliary lights?) problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 tail light (auxiliary lights?) problems

Hi, this is my first post, but I look forward to being a part of this forum for a while because I love my del sol and want to learn more about mechanics. So here's my problem, a couple of weeks ago my left tail light went out, and the same day that I noticed it I got pulled over by a cop... He didn't give me a fix-it ticket or tell me how many days I had to get it fixed, but since then I've been taking a lot of back roads and avoiding night-time driving while I attempted to fix my tail light... So far no success. First thing I did was change the bulb... Accidentally broke the bulb because I forgot to push in first, and when I finally got the old corroded thing out of there and replaced, I realized I had just replaced a perfectly fine brake light bulb... Needless to say, I am not mechanically inclined... Just cheap. So after that little lesson I actually got the correct light bulb and replaced the proper bulb... Didn't work. We tried to check the voltage on the brake light (we needed something to compare it to) we got about 12 volts and then on the tail light we got 1.2. We have no idea what is wrong with it or why it doesn't light up. Just in case I have the terminology wrong, this is the really small light bulb that is supposed to light up when you turn on the head lights. It is only the one on the left as you look at it from behind, and I read on other forums about issues with aftermarket stereos which I do have in my car. I have a Kenwood thing that connects to my ipod with 2 6.5 inch kenwood speakers up front with 2 10 inch subs in the trunk. I've had the car for over a year and about all I have done to it myself is change the distributor cap and change the oil/filter... Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 06-05-2014, 07:18 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: tail light (auxiliary lights?) problems

Anybody have any advice?