Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

tacks and civics

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tacks and civics

ey putting a tack in te civic and was wondering if civics are on pulse or two pulse which relates to clipping the wires on the tack thanx
Old 08-23-2004, 07:15 PM

Default Re: tacks and civics (Honda_project98)

i donno if you have a civic with a tac already in it....but why do people always try and put a big tac on the dash...when it already has one?!?! how gay is that....now if you didnt have one....i understand....but to already have one...and get it for looks.....
Old 08-23-2004, 07:50 PM

Default Re: tacks and civics (murmur9)

Hey extra tachos are almost as cool as putting bonnet intake stickers on your car hahaha.

sorry - don't know, can't help
Old 08-23-2004, 07:58 PM

Default Re: tacks and civics

just cut one wire.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

from my experience with installing aftermarket tacs they all come set up for 8 cylinder, clip one wire and it reads for a 6, clip the other wire and its 4. so cut all the wires and you should be good.

and just for future reference if some one already has a stock tac and they buy a aftermarket tac...maybe they want one thats easier to see and a little more acurate, also you have the advantage of placing it in perefeal view. not everyone emulates a racer for the look. I cant count how many people put stickers on their front fenders and they dont even understand why a competitor puts them on there....answer for contengency, if they have the appropriate sticker in the authorized spot, and lets say they win the event the contengent agent, example, ACT pays up to 300 bucks on top of your winnings if you use their approved product and display the sticker properly. people need to back off and let people make their own decisions.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:01 AM

Default Re: tacks and civics (Syner-G-Racing)

"and just for future reference if some one already has a stock tac and they buy a aftermarket tac...maybe they want one thats easier to see and a little more acurate, also you have the advantage of placing it in perefeal view. not everyone emulates a racer for the look."

also, tach=shift lite
Old 08-24-2004, 12:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OEM Tach's are off. when my cluster goes to 9k my vafc says i am at 8600.thats only sometimes tho. its acurate about 1/2 of the time.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:49 AM

Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

big tachs are gay, they'll always be gay, unless you have a race car

Civic = not race car
Old 08-24-2004, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (honda94delsolchick)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by honda94delsolchick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">big tachs are gay, they'll always be gay, unless you have a race car

Civic = not race car</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, YOUR Civic = not a race car.

I don't have a tach on my cluster, so I bought one. Plus, I need a tach that goes to 10,000. I use 95% of those numbers on there
Old 08-24-2004, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PLANBmotorsports)

ok its tach not tack, and shift light not lite. (sorry it was really annoying me)

i would never put a big tach in a street car. you would look like every ricer regardless.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Love2race)

big tachs are gay, they'll always be gay, unless you have a race car
Civic = not race car

9.92 allmotor civic + Dodge viper V10 with super charger and no2 10.22 = one pissed off viper owner and a damn fast race car!
Old 08-24-2004, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tacks and civics (EKautox)

and just for future reference if some one already has a stock tac and they buy a aftermarket tac...maybe they want one thats easier to see and a little more acurate, also you have the advantage of placing it in perefeal view. not everyone emulates a racer for the look."
also, tach=shift lite

I didnt mention that because not all tacs come with shift lights...me for instance...I have a vafc (acurate as hell) and a proforms shift light )
Old 08-24-2004, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Love2race)

ok its tach not tack, and shift light not lite. (sorry it was really annoying me)
i would never put a big tach in a street car. you would look like every ricer regardless

your gonna look like every ricer out there anyway...cause your driving the same car.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im putting a tach in not for looks if i was doing that id go by some sunpro **** or phase with out a shift light to look cool, thius way i can not focus on my dash when running it, i dont do it to look fast i am fast and i dont need a tach to make look fast. makes running it at the strip alot easier i asked for help not your shitty *** comments on what you thikns looks good im not doing it for you guyz im doing it for my self make you look more a fool more than you are already so you wanna comment on the tach post it on someones stock civic not mine mine is far from stovk and your far from keeping up with me!
Old 08-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Only posers die, im next

i have a 92 dx and i put a 3 inch on my dash... i figured 3 inches isnt bad as its the SAME size a ******* tach in the gauge pod... but non the less soemone wrote 'ricer *** 8==D' on my hood yesterday.

yall think 3 inch is to big?
Old 08-24-2004, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you do realize that all first enty in my post was a quote...I pasted them instead of useing the quote button...im behind you man.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tacks and civics (nacho)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nacho &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a 92 dx and i put a 3 inch on my dash... i figured 3 inches isnt bad as its the SAME size a ******* tach in the gauge pod... but non the less soemone wrote 'ricer *** 8==D' on my hood yesterday.

yall think 3 inch is to big?</TD></TR></TABLE>

it doesnt matter if some one thinks its too big. do you like it ? the point is to be able to drive and see the tac with out taking your eyes off the road/coarse.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nacho &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a 92 dx and i put a 3 inch on my dash... i figured 3 inches isnt bad as its the SAME size a ******* tach in the gauge pod... but non the less soemone wrote 'ricer *** 8==D' on my hood yesterday.

yall think 3 inch is to big?</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHA ur ricecar got vandalized (sp.). thats hil-*******-larious

anyways

&lt;---- not a fan of aftermarket tach's unless it has the full instrumentation of gauges that match that same design tach. u know like a speedo, gas, oil press., tach. if u simply add it so u know where ur rpms are (which u really dont need to know, cause i know i can feel when my car stops pulling hard) i would consider it rice.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:26 PM
Only posers die, im next

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syner-G-Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

it doesnt matter if some one thinks its too big. do you like it ? the point is to be able to drive and see the tac with out taking your eyes off the road/coarse.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ya thats how i look at it, but its gay... and yes i learned how to drive... on a stick with no tach so i know what the rpms feel like... i just wanted to get a tack... =P

but back to my point... its not a mustang tack or anything... **** the site of those shift lights are about the size of my entire tach =P
Old 08-24-2004, 01:39 PM

i like where mine is, plus it was free, what i was looking for and easy to install. i don't give a **** if its sunpro or auto meter, to me a tach is a tach.

Old 08-24-2004, 01:43 PM
Only posers die, im next

Default Re: tacks and civics (GUNNER666)

Old 08-24-2004, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts

Speak English ******.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:56 PM

Default Re: tacks and civics (nacho)

i cant see **** <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nacho &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-24-2004, 01:59 PM
Only posers die, im next

Default Re: tacks and civics (GUNNER666)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GUNNER666 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i cant see **** </TD></TR></TABLE>
haha, thats hte only pic i have of the tach atm... its the red thingy

i might go snap a new one
Old 08-24-2004, 01:59 PM

Default Re: (Aquafina)

I have a DX, and my gf and buddies pitched in for a Monster tach. To be honest, I like it a lot. It sits far enough out of the way for vision and it works very well.

Quick Reply: tacks and civics