Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

sway bars, and strut bars....

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sway bars, and strut bars....

alright, i want to finish my suspension on my 00 civic. i can get a 99 si front upper strut for 10 bucks. Or would you recommend something better such as dc or something? then is 200 a good deal for some civic type r rear and front sway bars( what rear enforcement kit is the best for your money)? also, what is wrong with megan strut bar kits(front upper, rear upper, front tie and rear lower tie) there cheap and whats the difference between there alummion or dc's? also best for your money lca's? anything helps thanks...
Old 11-23-2006, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: sway bars, and strut bars.... (stuie08)

The more expensive bars are a little thicker. Which means they are capable of transferring more weight. Essentially, it would be best to buy the thicker bars, however, many of the bars on the market today are capable of transferring 2800-3000 pounds. So virtually every bar when put to its max is good.

All the bars are usually made of 6061 aluminum except for a few by DC Sports which are made of carbon and titanium. The DC Sports bars are much stronger in comparison but the max transfer load will never be reached in a honda. Technically, you are buying a better bar when purchasing a DC sports bar but both do the job. The next question to ask is, how is the fitment on the megan bar vs dc bar?

I run a spoon tower bar up front and a megan c pillar out back. Both were easy to install and fit perfectly. I'm satisfied with the added performance of both bars. But I do plan on going with a spoon rear strut tower bar.

As far as LCAs, there are a few companies you can go with. I have omni's which I love to death. You could try Function7s to lose a little weight etc.

Lastly, sway bars. $200 is a great deal for ctr front/rear sway bars if they come with bushings/brackets/endlinks if not, then its just regular price. $100 for each bar. Generally, you'll want to set your sway bar according to your spring rates. So if you're running 550f/400r spring rates, you might be good with a 22mm rear bar. It just depends on your car's spring rates. Bigger isn't always better. When dealing with a fwd car, you want neutrality because there's no throttle control during oversteer. Don't forget that camber and toe settings are also important too.

Subframe reinforcement kits that are favored are the beaks and aspec racing kits(i'm going with the asr).

Tires & wheel size are just as important as shocks & springs. The easiest way to make your car handle better is to run wider wheels with low 45 profile dot approved race tires.

Modified by MyEG6 at 1:50 PM 11/23/2006