Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Sway bar question

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway bar question

How many people on this board have a front sway bar and recommend it to others? I just had my most of my bars installed (except the sway bars), and I was told I couldn't install my front tie bar because my car was too low. I'm debating on whither not I should get a front sway then, and need opinions.

Z
Old 03-15-2003, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Sway bar question (crazy_ham)

How many people on this board have a front sway bar and recommend it to others? I just had my most of my bars installed (except the sway bars), and I was told I couldn't install my front tie bar because my car was too low. I'm debating on whither not I should get a front sway then, and need opinions.

Z
I recommend the Honda front sway, but you have said a tie bar - they're not the same.

The Honda sway installs ABOVE all the exposed suspension components, and I recommend it for better handling IF and only IF you have a rear sway installed, and I recommend them at the same time.

Shawn
Old 03-15-2003, 04:00 PM

can you just get front lower strut tie bar? they looks better but i am not sure which one would work better.
Old 03-15-2003, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Sway bar question (bearboy80)

Ya, I meant tie bar, because I haven't purchased any sway bars yet. I just have front and rear strut and tie bars. All are installed except for the front tie, because they said my car was too low, so I was wondering if the sway bar would be even lower.

So I take it that the front sway bar is useful, and might install where the tie bar is too low. Do you think I'd be alright with just a sway bar in the front, or should I raise my ride?

As for the tie bar question... Lower front tie bars are useful, but I think that rear helps more with rolling, and you should get all of the bars to help tighten up your suspension.

Z
Old 03-16-2003, 04:52 AM

As for the tie bar question... Lower front tie bars are useful, but I think that rear helps more with rolling, and you should get all of the bars to help tighten up your suspension.
Seems to me that you're putting the cart before the horse.

What do you want out of your car? Nice pleasant ride? Low wind cheating ride?

Or do you want a streetable ride that any woman would be happy to ride in?

Or do you want a roadcoarse worthy curve carver? Take note that THIS choice will make your grandma REAL unhappy when she rides with you and has to go to her chiropracter after the ride. Also, the chickies don't like this riding through town either.

So - do you know what you want? If you do, then I can give you the appropriate help.

Shawn
Old 03-16-2003, 06:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Sway bar question (shawnhayes)

if ur going to get a sway bar up front ur going to have a problem with the outside wheel getting air when taking the twisties hard..but if really want one get a OEM civic one..u dont want it too stiff