Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

this sux alot . maybe not as much ....

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this sux alot . maybe not as much ....

i got stoped by a chp . in my opinion he stoped me for no reasone . but hey you know cops, their always right . anywayz..... he stopes me and says "i stopped you for speeding" , " i need to see your drivers licence , registration, and proof of insurance " that was no biggy even though i didnt have any insurance because i just purchased the car . heres what scared me .... he said " pop your hood i need to see under the hood" . i was like ookay . thank god i had carb intake and headers . although i do have a skunk 2 intake manifold that i belive are not carb approved . i
also have a ****JDM B16 SWAP**** . he was looking at the intake manifold for quite a while i thought i was goin to get poped for that i would have to see the state ref . anyways.... he was just looking at the intake manifold because it has a spot for a plug wich in my swap i believe they didnt use . so he let it sly . he asked me wheres my front licence plate for the front because i didnt have . im just happy i didnt get sent to the state ref . i think i didnt atlease . who decides who goes and who doesnt need to go to the state ref ?
Old 03-14-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: this sux alot . maybe not as much .... (red_ek_hatch)

When you just purchased a car don't they give u a certain amount of time to get things done before they actually cite you for a ticket? Like for example your insurance, new registration and new license plates? but then again you are in california
Old 03-14-2005, 11:29 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: this sux alot . maybe not as much .... (vi3t_dude)

A california guy will explain this all to you. I think the cop could give you a summons to go to the referee station. You have like 30 days or something. There, the techs inspect your car very thoroughly so everything needs to be in spec. You pass, you get a sticker. Sticker means cops won't make you pop your hood. I'm guessing.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: this sux alot . maybe not as much .... (red_ek_hatch)

i love living in OR