Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 09:08 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension question

yea i was wondering how well airbagging your car worked for streetracing, or drag? if it doesnt work so well, what are some good suspension set ups for a 93 ej civic with a b18c swap? thanks for the help
Old 02-24-2002, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: suspension question (cIvIc_gSr95)

yea i was wondering how well airbagging your car worked for streetracing, or drag? if it doesnt work so well, what are some good suspension set ups for a 93 ej civic with a b18c swap? thanks for the help
they don't put airbags in civics they use air cyclinders though. they are more for the show than performance cause they are heavy as hell, it uses an air compressor to raise the car, and plus the ride is going to be soft

[Modified by xlr8 si, 10:23 PM 2/24/2002]
Old 02-24-2002, 10:23 PM

Default Re: suspension question (xlr8 si)

Airbagging sucks...i had my old truck airbagged...way overrated...get the basic sway bars, strut bars, and lower tie bars...and get a good coilover set up...you'll be good.
Old 02-24-2002, 10:50 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not flaming you, just pointing some stuff out . First of all, this board is dead against streetracing, we only condone racing on a racetrack, not the public streets where you can kill people.

If you are interested in dragging, you can competely forget airbags. Airbags are in no way an actual PERFORMANCE part, they are strictly show. Imagine how much fun it would be to be shooting down the drag strip at 90+ mph, then having a bag blow and you lose control of your car and put it into the wall (or worse, the other guy's car). Not fun. For performance, stick to actual shocks and springs. What kind of suspension setup you need all depends on what you will be using the car for, how low you want to drop it, and if you want the ride height to be adjustable. Tell us those things and we'll be happy to help you out!

Old 02-24-2002, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: suspension question (spyder)

what are you guys talking about. airbags are perfect for drag racing..
you can line up with the rest of the spectators.. back into parking.. then drop your car .. havent you learned from the white delsol with the civic conversion in fast and the furious?
Old 02-24-2002, 11:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: suspension question (spyder)

no street racing
Old 02-25-2002, 06:58 PM
New User

Default Re: suspension question (jonas)

you can line up with the rest of the spectators.. back into parking.. then drop your car .. havent you learned from the white delsol with the civic conversion in fast and the furious?
ok i asked for advice not u expressing your love of tfatf, but anyways, thanks for the help to those who did help. to spyder, i want my suspension to be adjustable, i wanna get a sway bar an all that etc. i want a stiffer ride tho an i hear coilovers give a little bounce, if anyone has any good ideas on a good suspension set up for a 93 civic ej with a b18c swap, please let me know, thanks again.
Old 02-25-2002, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok i asked for advice not u expressing your love of tfatf, but anyways, thanks for the help to those who did help. to spyder, i want my suspension to be adjustable, i wanna get a sway bar an all that etc. i want a stiffer ride tho an i hear coilovers give a little bounce, if anyone has any good ideas on a good suspension set up for a 93 civic ej with a b18c swap, please let me know, thanks again.
umm the little bounce you were talking about IS the stiffer ride.
Old 02-25-2002, 08:55 PM
New User

Default Re: suspension question (B_zurC)

ok well i heard coilovers are REALLY REALLY REALLY BOUNCY, did i embellish that enuff? so like i was saying, anyone have any good brands of adjustable coilovers that are a stiffer ride? thanks
Old 02-25-2002, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Coilovers do give you a stiffer ride depending on the spring rate when used with factory shocks but combined with good adjustable aftermarket shocks you'll have comfortable ride ...