Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Suspension Q

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suspension Q

Hey guys listen im currently installing some Skunk2 Sport Shocks w/Skunk2 Coilovers.I know thisis the wrong forum but suspensoin forum is slow *** hell and i tought maybe i have better answers here.My q is how do you measure your drop when u guys refer to 1'-2" whatever?Also when i drop the coilover more the spring doesnt seem to get to the top hat?(When im lifting the car up)Is this normal cuz **** it kind of seems scary.Please help me out here guys since im a complete freaken NOOB at suspension i know nothing. Thanx to anyone who is willing to help out
Old 12-27-2007, 05:44 AM

Default Re: Suspension Q (mortificationrock)

when u have coilover springs suspension, and it is up to u to decide how low you want your car to be by using the specific wrench to adjust the height of your car.
and skunk2 suspension is a good set
Old 12-27-2007, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Suspension Q (crazyguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crazyguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when u have coilover springs suspension, and it is up to u to decide how low you want your car to be by using the specific wrench to adjust the height of your car.
and skunk2 suspension is a good set </TD></TR></TABLE>Yeah i figured that out but how do you measure it is my Q.I know you adjust it with some tool **** that came with them but how is it that you measure the drop by inches? Also is my coilover not reaching the top hat normal since the spring is smaller than the shock itself?
Old 12-27-2007, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most people will count the "rings" on the coilovers so that it's even all around - as far as how low to lower it, just find a picture of a car with a drop that you like; whether its tucking lots of tire or just a little bit of tire, etc etc. and then lower your car til it looks like the one in the picture
Old 12-27-2007, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Suspension Q (Probot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Probot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">most people will count the "rings" on the coilovers so that it's even all around - as far as how low to lower it, just find a picture of a car with a drop that you like; whether its tucking lots of tire or just a little bit of tire, etc etc. and then lower your car til it looks like the one in the picture</TD></TR></TABLE> Cool man thanx.But no one has answered me about the spring not reaching the top hat normal part? I mean if i lift up my car the spring comes down of course but it doesnt reach the hat like the OEM ones is this normal?By the way does anyone have a pic of there car dropped normal as in not slammed and ****,that can post one up and can tell me how much they dropped it THANX
Old 12-27-2007, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mortificationrock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Cool man thanx.But no one has answered me about the spring not reaching the top hat normal part? I mean if i lift up my car the spring comes down of course but it doesnt reach the hat like the OEM ones is this normal?By the way does anyone have a pic of there car dropped normal as in not slammed and ****,that can post one up and can tell me how much they dropped it THANX </TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont have a pic to post and im not sure about the top hat issue, sorry dude - good luck

EDIT: just check the app/cos forums, im more than positive you can get an idea from there
Old 12-27-2007, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Suspension Q (Probot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Probot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i dont have a pic to post and im not sure about the top hat issue, sorry dude - good luck </TD></TR></TABLE> Thanx anyways man . Anyone else want to take a crack at this? C'mon people helt a HT member out i need to drive my car asap and this is slowing me down.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

TTT