Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

suspension problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension problem

Alright so I have a 94 del sol si. I swapped b16 in it and used 00 civic ex spiindles.the only reason I used them was cu del sol didn't have any when I bought. The problem was that ek spindles were bent because the ek was totaled and suspensio bent. But I still put on anyways....car ran ok but would jerk to right really bad. Went and got it aligned and they said they could try to align but they straightened out steering wheel but still jerked to right. The other day I was racing and I snapped my axle so I replaced and alignment was off again....then I raced two days later and now wheels kinda lock up sometimes and car will stutter. It isn't a motor or tranny problem..... cuz I jacked car. Up and ran through every gear and ran fine. When I push car it does it too....it only does it when car is accelerating and not when decellerating. And does it when I drive straight and worse when I turn. Could screwed up spindles have caused some other suspension partsa to mess up? And what other spindles can I use on my delsol with the ek brakes?
Old 07-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: suspension problem

" The problem was that ek spindles were bent because the ek was totaled and suspensio bent. But I still put on anyways....car ran ok but would jerk to right really bad. Went and got it aligned and they said they could try to align but they straightened out steering wheel but still jerked to right. The other day I was racing and I snapped my axle"

WOW
Old 07-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So do u think replacing spindles will fix problem? What spindles can I use? Da integra? DC integra? Ek? Eg?
Old 07-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OMG.. he said racing!! he must meen street racing!! (probaly what he is talking about anyhow lol)

what i wnat to know is if yoru car is having problems (especially in suspension..locking up...jerking.) why are you even racing?

locking up as in tire stopping is brake issue or bearing issue. but i dont think that is what you mean. so clarify your "locking up" action.

as for bent parts.. you could have bent parts...will that cause a locking or jerking motion? more then likely not. it could cause an issue for your halfshaft if your part (knuckle, LCA, UCA, strut) is bent.

this isnt something a forum can answer for you so i would highly advise you take your car to a shop and explain what is happening. an alignment wont cause a jerking motion every now and then.. an alignemnt is nothing more then tire wear issues, and stability.

Last edited by waaBAAH; 07-19-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:44 AM

[QUOTE=88 EF Hatch;39306127]The problem was that ek spindles were bent because the ek was totaled and suspensio bent. But I still put on anywaysQUOTE]

for reals seriously it was bent but i still put on anyways seriously bro take it off and replace it thats like going to a junk yard to get replacment axles and getting a set with broken boots and no grease pack left it jerks and your racing you gonna kill somebody and end up in state prison all for a bent piece of suspension