Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

suspension mod questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension mod questions

i have a 99 dx coupe im gonna start doing some suspension work for hte summer and i have some questions. Can i bolt on sway bars and links form the si model? Or aftermarket? Should i even get swaybars, are they worth it? should keep my dx suspension or swap for gsr, itr, ctr etc? are poly busings good to get or not worth it? i plan on gettin some decent shocks/spings? thank you.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: suspension mod questions

Dx suspension is fine, best thing you can do is to get seat time in your car if you plan on tracking it. Don't throw a whole boat load of parts at your car because you need to be able to tailor your suspension to your own personal driving style. However, a good place to start in my opinion would be with replacing your broken / worn bushings with fresh ones and then a Koni Yellow / Ground Control setup with some nice spring rates, dependent on how aggressive you'd like to go.

As far as sway bars go, I'm not entirely sure that DX's will have a place for the endlinks to bolt to your lower control arm, but that is easily solved with a set of control arms-- there is absolutely NO need to replace your suspension for something from another stock Honda IMO, as there are aftermarket parts that will be cheaper and do the job just as wel..
Old 02-04-2009, 06:45 AM

your first suspension upgrade if you plan on doing any sort of autox or track days, or taking any corners really, should be TIRES. tires are the #1 handling upgrade IMO. I autox'd for a while on some basic all seasons, and now I have falken azenis. its the only handling upgrade i have at the moment, and it's made a HUGE difference.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My car has a turbo d15b jdm its my daily drive i plan to do a bit of autox for fun so i want my suspension to be good for but im not looking to spend thousands on it. I just want it to be tight handel solid on track and street
Old 02-04-2009, 10:30 AM

ground control coilovers/koni yellow shocks, and some decent tires (everyone has their own opinions about different tires, so do your research and see what you want. Personally i have Falken azenis)

do that much and you'll definitly be havin fun. It might be a bit overkill for the occasional autocrosser, but better to overbuild than underbuild =D. if you go with any falken tire, order from vulcantires.com, cheapest prices ever!