Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Suspension on a budget??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension on a budget??

DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT ANY SUSPENSIONS FOR AN EJ8 THAT ARE NOT TOO PRICY? IF SO CAN ANYONE GIVE ME THE BRANDS. I JUST GOT MY EJ AND I WANT TO BEGIN WITH THE SUSPENSION.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Suspension on a budget?? (ej_randy)

keep it stock till you have some money for a real suspension, budget and suspension don't go together
Old 03-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you want adj of ride height or not? with adj of height GC's with kyb agx. Total will come to at the most $610 (i have this setup on my ej8 rides nice) Going a little cheaper h&r sport springs with kyb agx shocks. Even cheaper you can run the h&r sport springs with stock shocks...
Old 03-27-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Suspension on a budget?? (ej_randy)

GC/KONI seems to be the favored suspension on HT... The most appealing part is that all the parts carry a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser. The downside would be the higher initial costs.

There are cheaper full bodied suspensions to be had such as omnipower, ksport, function/formz, tein, etc. But a lot people will say that "you get what you pay for."

If you camp out in the suspension forum, you'll find a few horror stories about people finding the rear shocks of their ksports blowing prematurely. You can also find people having issues of weird noises coming from their omnipower setup. But don't let that discourage you, since there are success stories mixed in there as well.

So before anyone can really recommend a "budget setup," you need to tell us what your budget is...
Old 03-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Suspension on a budget?? (Chim Chim)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chim Chim &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">GC/KONI seems to be the favored suspension on HT... The most appealing part is that all the parts carry a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser. The downside would be the higher initial costs.

There are cheaper full bodied suspensions to be had such as omnipower, ksport, function/formz, tein, etc. But a lot people will say that "you get what you pay for."

If you camp out in the suspension forum, you'll find a few horror stories about people finding the rear shocks of their ksports blowing prematurely. You can also find people having issues of weird noises coming from their omnipower setup. But don't let that discourage you, since there are success stories mixed in there as well.

So before anyone can really recommend a "budget setup," you need to tell us what your budget is... </TD></TR></TABLE>

X2... and you might want to search for the post "the worst mod you have done". Lots of helpful information.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Suspension on a budget?? (95ProjectEJ1)

Don't spend a little bit of money on suspension. That's one thing you can't skimp on. Keep rockin the stock parts til you can afford a good quality suspension setup
Old 03-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I actually went with KYB and OBX Sleeves(Skunk2's for half the price) for the past 3 years and it isnt too stiff or bouncy, I have about a finger gap. Feels alot smoother than my friends K Sport setup. I did the labor and it cost me about 380-420 something like that.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (StreetRacinThug)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StreetRacinThug &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I actually went with KYB and OBX Sleeves(Skunk2's for half the price) for the past 3 years and it isnt too stiff or bouncy, I have about a finger gap. Feels alot smoother than my friends K Sport setup. I did the labor and it cost me about 380-420 something like that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

not only half the price of skunk2, but also half the quality. as for the OP, i agree with everyone else that you should save up more until you can buy a real nice set-up
Old 03-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Suspension on a budget?? (sicones)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sicones &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">keep it stock till you have some money for a real suspension, budget and suspension don't go together</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-27-2007, 06:55 PM

kyb agx and gc springs, my setup, can't go wrong, and i only spent 450.