Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Stolen torrance CA; Black '92 Si, Lowered, Bronze Slips 14/3 11pm~7am

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen torrance CA; Black '92 Si, Lowered, Bronze Slips 14/3 11pm~7am

Its a real shame that I have to add another to the other 3 stolen car posts that are on this page allready but I guess it is just the thing to do. They should make a forum for this it would be interesting to see how many posts it would get.

All I have to say is thank god that I did't have much done to it except for giving it a few years of TLC and some cheap mods. Also I almost didn't take my snowboard/gear out of the car last night too.

Where: in front of my house Torrance CA. 30ft away from my bedroom window. They could have atleast given me a reach around.

What: Black '92 Civic Si, Tein S-Techs w. stock shocks, 15x7 Bronze Rota Slips w. Kyokugen lugs, Fake Vision Ambers, new oem floor mats, oem lip+hardware, spoon drain plugs, hks foam pan filter. Had a clean title. Interior and exterior of this car was immaculate 9 out of 10. It was very well maintaned and in good condition. Only had a few scratches from being parked in parking lots for the past 13 years.

This week I was gong to buy new shocks, tires, brake pads, and do some other minor maintence. Glad I didn't.

Insured: yes, fully, don't know if it wll cover my heavy list of mods and go fast parts though Hopefully I will get enough make a nice down payment.

Theft Deturrants: None really because it only made a dollar ($1.00) differance in my insurance payments. Turned wheel so it was locked and wheels towards the curb. When I park at school I pull fuses. Limo tint. Removable stereo face plate. 1/8th tank of of gas. Never posted pics of my car, discussed what I had done to it or where I lived.

What was inside:
GFs Roller skates
Sector 9 skateboard/ Ventures/ swiss ceramics/kryptonics.
3 cd's
Craftsman tool kit
Snap on Torque wrench
Leatherman
Sony Head unit
Moving blanket
Beach Towels
My back pack for work had a couple pay checks in it but they can be replaced.

Deep down I wanted this to happen. I have been fed up with being paranoid about it getting stolen or hit in a parking lot. Not to mention even though I love my honda and its a fun car/hobby it dosen't really fit around the rest of my life.
I will probably be the same when it comes to my next car cough(Truck).

I hope if they find it it's totaled. Thanks for looking.

Old 03-15-2005, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stolen torrance CA; Black '92 Si, Lowered, Bronze Slips 14/3 11pm~7am (_BEN_)

So to hear that.

Hope they at least find it.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Stolen torrance CA; Black '92 Si, Lowered, Bronze Slips 14/3 11pm~7am (_BEN_)

Damn, you sure you didn't pay someone to steal it?....just like "eh, it's gone" Anyways, I would be devestated. Well, good luck.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:02 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Stolen torrance CA; Black '92 Si, Lowered, Bronze Slips 14/3 11pm~7am (grlracer97)

Don't insult the man, he already had his car stolen. I'm doubting he'd steal his car, and put it on this forum missing. Insurance companies could careless if you post a stolen car report on Honda-tech, and it would have no bearing in court anyway. Sorry to hear another EG got stolen man, good luck on your next car; hopefully it'll have an ignition imobilizer.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Stolen torrance CA; Black '92 Si, Lowered, Bronze Slips 14/3 11pm~7am (grlracer97)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by grlracer97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn, you sure you didn't pay someone to steal it?....just like "eh, it's gone" Anyways, I would be devestated. Well, good luck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If I had the option I would have rather sold it. I probably could have sold the car in less than 5 days at maxx bluebook value in if I wanted too.

It would also be allot easier than dealing with the insurance company. Not to mention my deductable.

Pay someone to steal it... please. Let me leave 1k worth the stuff inside of it while im at it to.

Old 03-15-2005, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Stolen torrance CA; Black '92 Si, Lowered, Bronze Slips 14/3 11pm~7am (Equilibrium)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Equilibrium &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't insult the man, he already had his car stolen. I'm doubting he'd steal his car, and put it on this forum missing. Insurance companies could careless if you post a stolen car report on Honda-tech, and it would have no bearing in court anyway. Sorry to hear another EG got stolen man, good luck on your next car; hopefully it'll have an ignition imobilizer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was being sarcastic, get a life.

And I said good luck which should suggest that I wasn't being vindictive.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:11 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _BEN_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Pay someone to steal it... please. Let me leave 1k worth the stuff inside of it while im at it to.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can refer to the above as well
Old 03-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _BEN_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Deep down I wanted this to happen. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree with you. this was an easy one for the thiefs. too bad. you should have sold it if you werent going to keep it safe or atleast install some sort of alarm

no one got hurt

Old 03-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry to learn about your loss, Where did it happen, i use to live in torrance , i have a black 95si,
Old 03-15-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Stolen torrance CA; Black '92 Si, Lowered, Bronze Slips 14/3 11pm~7am (95sihb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95sihb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry to learn about your loss, Where did it happen, i use to live in torrance , i have a black 95si, </TD></TR></TABLE>

Near Artesia and Yukon.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh **** next to the library .............wow that was right down the street from where i owned a condo on denker passed western and artisia... my good friend was murderd on yukon & artisia 2 years back
Old 03-17-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Stolen torrance CA; Black '92 Si, Lowered, Bronze Slips 14/3 11pm~7am (95sihb)

we should all do a vigilante - i will be holding one in 6 months FOR SURE.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another one.

Old 03-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This really SUX Man! All these post about e.g’s getting jacked making me very nervous!
Old 03-20-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Stolen torrance CA; Black '92 Si, Lowered, Bronze Slips 14/3 11pm~7am (HondaTechdotcom)

Selling all of my stuff if anyone is interested.
https://honda-tech.com/zero...84549
Old 03-20-2005, 11:49 AM

Damn, i was just reading about a loss in Chino. So cal thieves SUCK, just like the rest of the theives. I feel for yall and im sorry to hear about these losses. Anyone in the socal area or really anywhere, Secure your ****!
Old 03-25-2005, 06:37 AM

Default Re: Stolen torrance CA; Black '92 Si, Lowered, Bronze Slips 14/3 11pm~7am (4door_ridin)

I got some news on my car. Its in a long beach towing yard. They said it was not stripped or set on fire. LOL

I guess when they found out that there was nothing on it of any significant value they dumped it or picked off whatever nickle dime parts they wanted.
I will have to go and check it out later. Ill update. And add it to my For Sale Post. Im selling it if it isn't thrashed.

How does the salvage title work?
Does the car have to be deemed totaled by an insurance comapny? Because I have not been comped by them and probably wont be if the car is in resonable shape.

So in other words the car should still have a clean titile?

Update: The car is on hold untill monday for finger prints.

Modified by _BEN_ at 9:02 AM 3/25/2005
Old 03-28-2005, 08:58 AM

I am going to get it towed home now.

I am 99% sure that I am going to sell it. Ill post some pics later.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-28-2005, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

glad you got it back man
Old 03-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stolen torrance CA; Black '92 Si, Lowered, Bronze Slips 14/3 11pm~7am (4door_ridin)

bump
Old 03-28-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Stolen torrance CA; Black '92 Si, Lowered, Bronze Slips 14/3 11pm~7am (-Gambit-)

Got it back. Still runs drove it home from the impound.

They put about 150 miles on the car and it even had its plates on it still.

Damage:
Steering collum broken. The standard hack job. otherwise the car is straight and some interior hardware is missing(to get to the stereo). They unbolted the passenger seat but left it for some reason.
Fingerprint dust all over the place.
Some small scratches aroound where the headunit goes.

Stolen:...
Off of the car:
15x7 bronze rota slips w.very very very bald 712's w. kyokugen lugnuts(they put polished fat fives back on the car) rims were in good condition though. Fat fives are in ok condition.
sunroof wind deflector
oem exhaust tip.... wtf?
Stereo $160 head unit
A piece of junk 6x9 box with two blown beat up speakers.
New oem floor mats just bought them a few months ago.

Personal stuff:
Sweater
My skate
Girfriends skates
Sunglasses
Work packpack(some friends bought me a new one when they found out what happend)
Tools gone
My 6' by 6' beach blanket
3 cd's
letherman
Some stupid random stuff
All of my insurance/registration paperwork
Some spare change
pop tarts I had in the glove compartment
Trash

Thats it! I was thinking the ecu/custer/rear brakes/dizzy and all kinds of other stuff would be gone but its all there. Even the fuel pressure gauge in still on the filter

So what the ****. I am honestly confused why my car is still the way it is? They stole some rotas and personal junk. And then put rims back on it that are nearly worh as much.

The car is now on the block!!!!!
A friend offered me $2500 for it allready. But he said to try and sell it for more first.
The title is still clean. Nothing was salvaged. The car was stolen, molested, found, impounded, then I picked it up.

It turned out I didnt have comprehensive coverage. Even though I though I did. So the insurance company didnt have anything to do with it except telling my I cant get jack from them.

The car is still registered till sep. But I dont have the paperwork(stolen with car). However I do have the pinkslip.

Before:this will be the first time I have posted pics of this car btw.

After:

153*** miles. Very straight body no dents/accidents. Paint could use a touch up in a couple spots and a good buffing but the black still shines when waxed.

I was planning on replacing the oem shocks with bilstein hd's(the day it got stolen actually). Installing gsr front brakes(wich Ill include if wanted) and putting on some axxis metal masters. Getting the alignment done(its off a little). Oh and buying some new tires.

Car runs great still. So why am I selling it?!?
I honestly need a truck. I have a go kart, surfboards, snowboards, bycycles, and all of the other things in life that I like to do besides hondas.

It could use an oil change. I use cantroil 0w30 german syn.
The tranny has fresh gm synchromesh fm(put it in last oil change). It never grinded I just like to do good prevenitive maintence.

My heavy list of mods:
polished fat fives. I really dont like the bling
Marshal fuel pressure gauge with b&m adapter
Spoon Drain plugs for that extra 5hp
Hks foam pan filter
Fake vision ambers (hehe I just sold my real set)
Tein s-tech springs
GSR rear lca's with fresh oem bushings
GSR rear brakes. (not really different from the stock ones but they are much newer and in better condition)
oem lip with oem hardware
A couple years of tlc.

Thanks for looking.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

did they find the car after they told u the insurance couldnt cover the car????
Old 03-28-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Stolen torrance CA; Black '92 Si, Lowered, Bronze Slips 14/3 11pm~7am (D_Shizznit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D_Shizznit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did they find the car after they told u the insurance couldnt cover the car????</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah. Like a week later.

Edit. Insurance would not cover the car because I didnt have comprehensive coverage. They could have covered it for about 200 a month. mercury

Modified by _BEN_ at 5:04 PM 3/28/2005
Old 03-28-2005, 04:08 PM

BTW: The yard I picked it up from has a ton of cars that they auction off. They also had about 5 92~95 civic ex's in the lot but not up for auction(yet)

There were some damn nice car in there too. A totally baddass rx7 that looked unmolested a couple hummers a corvette.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damm...sucks you got jacked.

but damm...these foos put backon polished fat fives? haha. i would say thats a lot better then leaving it on bricks. my car was found on its rotors.

Quick Reply: Stolen torrance CA; Black '92 Si, Lowered, Bronze Slips 14/3 11pm~7am