Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

stolen hatches

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stolen hatches

i would just like to put in my 2 cents, when my car got stolen a couple of weeks ago i was pretty upset, i was lucky though, they only stole my cf hood, cf duckbill, and amber vision corner lights, they tried to steal my rs front lip but i was held on by wood screws (haha). i take my ecu out every night before i go to bed, so i know there is no way they drove my car. (they found it down the street) they probably pushed it with another car because my rear bumper was all scratched up. Anyways the point i am trying to make is that it is so freakin easy to steal a honda. the column only takes like ten seconds to get off and then two more screws on the ignition and bam you can start the car with no key. with all these stolen hatches post daily on here there has to be something you can do to prevent this. i was wondering what others have done to their ignition?
Old 12-09-2002, 06:36 AM

Default Re: stolen hatches (silverEG6)

i'd put a whole LOT of kill switches around the car, lots of my friends are doing it, and i really want to do it soon when i have somen time, in addition- i have also put hood locks, and i have a detachable steering wheel- and not to mention an AUTOLOCK

im trying to cover all angles, now i know if someone REALLY wants it they'll tow it, but is there anyway good companies that have detachable tow hooks?( i know Benen is pretty good) so i can take the stock one off? and just put it on when i need it, i know i can in the front- but in the back- im not too sure how to go about that..

[Modified by iTR.EX, 10:37 AM 12/9/2002]

[Modified by iTR.EX, 5:59 PM 12/9/2002]
Old 12-09-2002, 07:03 AM

Default Re: stolen hatches (iTR.EX)

Good thing there are more sporty cars coming out. Those SRT-4's should get stolen for the seats at least. The Mazda Speed Protege will get ganked for the little t25 it has, as well as some interior parts.

Once the import market really gets past hondas the theft will spread out hopefully and not center on hondas? Bah, wishful thinking...
Old 12-09-2002, 07:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: stolen hatches (Replica667)

Is there anyway to make the column less suseptable to easy opening? Can we use those special securtiy screws and get a custom piece made to shelter it... suggestions anyone?
Old 12-09-2002, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: stolen hatches (Replica667)

lol. i say get some autoloc's hooks to your pedal and they aint taking that **** nowhere.. oh and get an alarm with a motion sensor, and some airhorns, and get a super phat spotlight in front of the house.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:20 AM

Default Re: stolen hatches (chameleon)

autolock
Old 12-09-2002, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen hatches (sc2o00)

You were lucky they were amateurs. If they are professional they will flatbed your **** away. You have layered security (Alarm, autoloc, kill switch[es], , pull the ECU,club, etc) but the bottom line is if they want it they will get it.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen hatches (Apex i ITR)

i was thinking about trying the kill switches...but i have come ot the conclusion that if they want your car..they will take it and there isnt really **** i can do about it
Old 12-09-2002, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen hatches (DevilSolSi)

i was thinking about trying the kill switches...but i have come ot the conclusion that if they want your car..they will take it and there isnt really **** i can do about it
So very true...unfortunately I found this out the hard way What was Honda thinking when they made that ignition? Anyone who has seem the back side of the ignition should know what I am talking about. They are SO easy to break open and start up its not even funny. Honda shouldn't even make keys, just give you a ******* screwdriver! Honda should have a recall on every one of their ignitions, come up with a better idea to keep our cars from getting stolen. My only ray of hope is that the new cars coming out will be a hot item for theft and the old school Civics that we all drive will soon fade away into the background and then we can all sleep well at night, knowing that thieves are out stealing RSX Type S's and Neon SRT-4's....
Old 12-09-2002, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen hatches (b16a ferio)

very true, why do we even have keys?
screwdriver
Old 12-09-2002, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyways the point i am trying to make is that it is so freakin easy to steal a honda. the column only takes like ten seconds to get off and then two more screws on the ignition and bam you can start the car with no key.
Good job on that little how-to section genious...let's spread the word: learn how to steal cars the easy way on Honda-tech.com

I am aware of the ease of penetration with our cars, but there are still people out there that who are unaware...I don't want to make things easier than they already are, let's use our heads here
Old 12-09-2002, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: stolen hatches (sinister)

Keep you 9mm on ya when you go to bed... Run your car open header so that when you hear those ***** stealing your ****, they aren't gonna be leaving your driveway... Walk outside with a baseball bat, break your window, drag them out, then shoot them in between the eyes... Don't wanna get blood all over your car .... I was thinking put a switch on your signal wire for either the TPS, MAP, or CYP sensors.... They would have a fun time trying to drive away with that ****... If you kill one of the distributor sensors it'll run your car in limp mode and it'll let the ECU rev to 3200-3500rpm... Figure if you got a B series swap with a B16 or GSR tranny it's gonna first take forever to get moving in limp mode then they can cruise at a steady rate of ~60mph.... I hate ***** that steal
Old 12-09-2002, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen hatches (sinister)

yea i guess i could have figured that someone would flame? can we stick to the topic
Old 12-09-2002, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea i guess i could have figured that someone would flame? can we stick to the topic
Me???? Sorry if i offended you... I was bored and I don't even know what i was typing... Everything i said was completely serious about the kill switch stuff... I'm probably gonna have to do it on my friend's car... You can take the part about shooting the **** in the head however you want... but i would seriously have some major problems if something like that happened to me... Latez
Old 12-09-2002, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen hatches (JDMspecEG6)

no not you!
Old 12-09-2002, 12:54 PM

Default Re: stolen hatches (b16a ferio)

[\QUOTE] What was Honda thinking when they made that ignition? Anyone who has seem the back side of the ignition should know what I am talking about. They are SO easy to break open and start up its not even funny. Honda shouldn't even make keys, just give you a ******* screwdriver! Honda should have a recall on every one of their ignitions, come up with a better idea to keep our cars from getting stolen. My only ray of hope is that the new cars coming out will be a hot item for theft and the old school Civics that we all drive will soon fade away into the background and then we can all sleep well at night, knowing that thieves are out stealing RSX Type S's and Neon SRT-4's....[/QUOTE]

What was Honda thinking? Most likely that no one would want to steal an econobox commuter car. It's only us who do these things to our cars to make them a target. From the factory they are goobers...granted a ton of stock gsr's and si's get jacked but those only because there is an existing market for those parts, once again because of the thousands of people who modify their stock econobox commuter cars.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:58 PM

Default Re: stolen hatches (Disco Stu)

Besides, my old '79 chevy is waaaaay easier to steal. It's been broken into a coulple times and stolen just to joy ride, but not to part out or anything. The cops always find it a couple miles from where it was stolen, usually still running or was running and now out of gas cuz they can't turn it off. I'd rather them have stolen the whole car then to know some shitbag was beatin' the **** out of my car for the fun of it. sorry for the rant!
Old 12-09-2002, 01:06 PM

Autoloc!! I have one and last time I got my car broken into they couldnt steal it because of the autoloc so I guess they got pissed and tore the from console to ****. They also stole my radio. Had to go to the junk yard and get a new console face thingy for $55 and a few months later I drove to PA and got a climate control for $5.00. Autoloc worked pretty good for me but if there smart they will tow the car or if they can get their hands on nitrogen they can freeze the autoloc and brake it.
Old 12-09-2002, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay, that's cool then... you just posted right after me so i was kinda wondering...
autolock
I agree
Old 12-09-2002, 01:47 PM

Default Re: stolen hatches (-= UnKoiled =-)

Is there anyway to make the column less suseptable to easy opening? Can we use those special securtiy screws and get a custom piece made to shelter it... suggestions anyone?
that sound like a good idea, but if the thieve really set on stealing your car, they will...all the prevention methods, just slow them down. garage kept your car--would really help. i'm really anticipating on mounting security cameras and etc at my driveway.
Old 12-09-2002, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen hatches (Panda EK)

autoloc DOESN'T stop a thieve from stealing a car with manual tranny. If you put in on the clutch, they will just put the car in 1st gear and start it. Than shift without the clutch. All they need to do is break the ignition and wire the pedal-activaded clutch switch (this is why u have to press the clutch to start the car). If you put it on the brakes, they will just use the e-brake. You are better off putting it on the gas pedal. They wont get anywhere at 800 rpm.
Old 12-09-2002, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen hatches (brryder)

good idea
Old 12-09-2002, 01:56 PM

i was thinking about runing a hidden kill switch directly to the starter.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:08 PM

Default Re: stolen hatches (@irborne)

Hey mang! Thats a good idea. Never thought of that. I guess from now on I'll autoloc my gas pedal.