Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

stolen eg

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stolen eg

my buddies 94 teal eg hatchback, with a gsr swap was stolen last night from enfield square/westfield shopping town. car looked completely stock, even had the steelies. this is the second time his car has been stolen, the first was a green 99 civic ex that was stolen and recovered in springfield Ma stripped, the found his hatch this morning (less than 24 hours from the time it was stolen) stripped in springfield Ma again. he said he done with honda's. i come on h-t every day and read about stolen honda's mostly on the westcoast, but it is starting out here also, everytime i see those posts im like yea right wont happen to me, or any of my friends, were not from cali, but truth is its just as bad out here. im considering selling my car and getting out of the game before mine is stolen too, i have to much money invested to loose my car to some ****** low-life thieves
Old 04-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

like they say, if they want it bad enough, they will get it. all you can do is protect yourself best as possible. alarm, kill switched, not leaving your car out if possible, etc. hope you stay in the game, more people here, the better the gains will be.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: (jameskersten1)

yeah i was thinking of the same thing selling ym car and gettign out of the game so i can atleast get some money out of it instead of nothing..
Old 04-14-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: (DohcSide)

my car was stolen on the 8th of march and they didnt take much, just smashed the hell out of it with a bat and sledge hammer. that was my 3rd honda and im now onto my 4th within a year. i cant get over hondas they are so much fun. lol. but when u buy or keep it just think about what if it gets stolen, and do all u can to prevent it. im gunna go crazy with kill switches. i wont even know where the **** they are goin to be. haha. but yea... sry to lose u if u decide to get out
Old 04-14-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: (hookedonvtec)

Saying if they want it bad enough they'll get it is the wrong kind of attitude. How about if I work hard enough they cant get it? Kill switched, GPS, 2 way pager alarm, pit bull chained to back seat :D. 2k on car security is nothing when you have 15k invested, protect your investment.
Removable steering wheels are also a good idea
Old 04-14-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: (Chez'sExCoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chez’sExCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Saying if they want it bad enough they'll get it is the wrong kind of attitude. How about if I work hard enough they cant get it? Kill switched, GPS, 2 way pager alarm, pit bull chained to back seat :D. 2k on car security is nothing when you have 15k invested, protect your investment.
Removable steering wheels are also a good idea</TD></TR></TABLE>

Too bad even with all what you said they can just tow it away.

I'm selling my hatch tomorrow and going to be out of the honda game for a year or two. Atleast until it dies down and less theft problems.
I'll still have my teg to mess around or atleast until i give it to my brother.

Time for a more mature car that people won't look at me funny while i buzz by them.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HyBriDcxR)

suttin is definetly going on if both his cars were found in mass
Old 04-14-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: stolen eg (phantom grey eg)

damn theives suck
Old 04-14-2005, 05:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phantom grey eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> this is the second time his car has been stolen, the first was a green 99 civic ex that was stolen and recovered in springfield Ma stripped, the found his hatch this morning (less than 24 hours from the time it was stolen) stripped in springfield Ma again. </TD></TR></TABLE>

DID HE HAVE ANY SECURITY WHAT SO EVER???
Old 04-14-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: (xoutlawz00x)

enfield is right on the boarder to mass, ive heard about kids from springfield crossing over the boarder and stealing cars and bringing them into springfield and striping them, i hate this, i love my honda and dont want to get out of it becuse i know i will never get back what i put into it, and personally there is no other car that i would rather have, but i think untill theves get real jobs to pay for there ****, and stop ruining the sport for all of us, then it might be time to move onto something less likely to steal. i cannot believe im saying this, but possibly a 5.0, i feel like a traitor just saying that but it less likely to get stolen, either that or im gunna run a chain through my lca's and lock the chain around a tree every night. that will keep my car MINE.

To theives --- if you are true honda fans than u would not be ruining the sport , and giving hondas a bad name, by stealing everybody elses ****, people have worked long and hard, building the cars of there dreams, for you to just walk up and take it. You are useless piece's of ****, anybody can steal parts to make a nice car, but only a true honda fanatic, spends the time and money to build it with lagit parts, you are a disgrace to the honda name, so just do us all a favor and kill yourself.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: stolen eg (collateral615)

no security, used the insurance check from the 99 ex to buy the hatch and swap, car wasnt even on the road for 3 weeks had an alarm and some other **** on the ex though, but if they want it bad enough then they are going to get it, and thats just what they did
Old 04-14-2005, 05:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man that sucks they must have known who your friend is to know there is a swap done to it. do you guys street race alot? what about the yellow boot thing you can put on your tire? i seen it on someones avatar that seems almost bullet proof.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:33 PM

that sucks to hear man, you never really know how **** is until it hits close to home, thats when it gets real REAL fast.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thieves will always be around. dont let them scare you from accomplishing your dreams.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: stolen eg (e jay one)

no we dont streetrace alot, occasionally we will go down to the races and check it out/watch but never really do it ourselves. and not to many people knew about the swap, he JUST got the car, prob is insurance company will probably not want to pay him much because it looks really suspicious that he had 2 cars stolen in 2 months

i can remember back a few years ago when i used to leave my doors unlocked and the keys in the ignition at night, never had to wory about this type of **** happening, then the whole import/honda thing blew up, and everyone and there mothers got 1
Old 04-14-2005, 06:24 PM

Lets keep this at the top guys, thanks
Old 04-14-2005, 06:49 PM

damn bro my cousins bucket got stolen my moms car got hit. my car got bashed up b4 but i still in it to win it i am not going to let some punk *** thieves take me out the game. i hope i will catch some one stillin my car. they will catch a hot *** one. but if they want it bad enought then they will prob get it. but do let that **** bug you out. i dont care on how many post that i read of peaples cars getting jacked i will never give up what i love to do . whach a soon as you get another car it will probably get stolen and then you will be really pissed off. so have fun with what you got and roll out.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: stolen eg (holotta_eg)

um it wasnt my car that got stolen, it was my buddies, im just hopping mine doesnt get stolen, i have no security AT ALL, but im gunna schedule an appointment to get an alarm installed next week, not gunna loose my baby
Old 04-15-2005, 01:31 PM

bump
Old 04-15-2005, 01:59 PM

good luck
Old 04-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

BUMP
Old 04-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Trial User

Tell your friend good luck.......... car thieves need to rot in hell.

I've lost several radios and sets of wheels to thieves and I ****** hate how you can't really do anything about it when you find your window busted and your **** gone.

No cars stolen yet and hopefully I can keep it that way...........