Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Stolen 97 civic

Rip
Old 05-16-2009, 04:22 AM

I heard you say your place was quiet then i looked up and saw you were from cali. Thats what i would expect from cali. Funny part is as big as FL is you rarey ever her someones car getting stolen. Maybe because we have cubans not mexican.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:54 AM
New User

Good luck dude, i hope something turns up....This **** is everywhere, it doesn't matter where you're from. If you have something nice that you've worked ur *** off, theres always gonna be some broke *** ***** wishing they had it. I live in chicago and it has gotten so bad out here that i'm at the point where if i feel like i might be getting followed...i won't even turn on my street to go home. I'll keep driving till i feel its safe then park it in the garage, remove the steering wheel, throw on the locking hub, turn on my alarm, and pull out a sensor that works as a killswitch.....all this just to go to sleep at night. And the ****ed up part is that i know if i slip even once...i'll never see my eg again. Next step for me is to get my gps tracking device/lojack combo........and if they still manage to take my car...then i'll at least know that i did everything i could to stop it....
Old 05-16-2009, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mortificationrock
I was. LoL. But I mean **** I live in a pretty quite area, never heard of civics being stolen here. Would it be a nice idea to post the VIN for the engine? Since it had it on and wasn't stolen till now.....F thieves with a capitol" F"
what was the tow hooks question do people take those off or something as an anti-theft measure?

BTW Sorry about your car that suck I don't know why everyone always gets on people about not having an alarm. In my opinion there are way more important things to do in precaution for a situation like this... did you have good insurance.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Crying.......cuz they took my GSR engine and my bad *** EK. For the first time I was proud of what I had built so far. Now I'm driving my dads torqueless freaken hatch. Sux though. I still can't believe it. And I try to forget about it, and I remember. I get pissed of when my imagination shows me images of it being stripped. That car was like a kid to me. Now I don't know what to even do. I'm getting tempted to fix my dads hatch...LoL. But then I be like FVCK hondas. I might buy a 06+ civic or maybe a rsx later. I'm gonna drive my dads hatch with a d15b7(POS) till I can save a couple grand and buy another newer better car. That's the only thing I have to look foward to now.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump. My car still hasn't been found. Its been a week. Funny thing is it seems a couple of civics have been stolen in the same week. One of them got there car jacked from the gated garage like me.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump. My car still hasn't been found. Its been a week. Funny thing is it seems a couple of civics have been stolen in the same week. One of them got there car jacked from the gated garage like me.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99JDMHATCH
I heard you say your place was quiet then i looked up and saw you were from cali. Thats what i would expect from cali. Funny part is as big as FL is you rarey ever her someones car getting stolen. Maybe because we have cubans not mexican.
Right, because only Mexicans steal cars.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump cuz my **** is probably in tijuana by now. Winning some races! 2 weeks and nothing.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:26 AM
New User

good luck finding it
Old 05-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn that sucks. Its hard to belive that nobody has leads on any of these ****s. Nobody has heard anything? you dont have any connections in the honda game? I know if my **** was stolen I would be callin every person i know and seeing who had what to steal it. And with people and GPS, wouldnt u think that they would have found where they take it? I imagine that if people found out where it went, that place would "catch on fire" or something along those lines.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry to hear that your car was stolen dude. Definetly Considered lojack next time.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well no biggie. I'm getting my turbo single cam back from my friend for 1500. Which is a steal considering all the **** I put in it. I think the only thing I never changed on the car was the seats...LoL. Everything else I did. So 1 car less but atleast I'm getting my old ferio eg for dirt cheap just cuz he's my homeboy and feels messed up for me for getting jacked. Oh well. This time I'm gonna go crazy with a alarm and kill switches and pedal locks up the ***....Etc. No way they gonna steal another car from me again. Maybe I should get a strap while I'm at it. Nah not really. I hate guns. So when all is said and done.... I would like to give all the thieves in the world a big F U! This aint gonna stop us honda heads....
Old 05-28-2009, 09:52 AM

hope you can find it in one piece. good luck
Old 05-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well no biggie. I'm getting my turbo single cam back from my friend for 1500. Which is a steal considering all the **** I put in it. I think the only thing I never changed on the car was the seats...LoL. Everything else I did. So 1 car less but atleast I'm getting my old ferio eg for dirt cheap just cuz he's my homeboy and feels messed up for me for getting jacked. Oh well. This time I'm gonna go crazy with a alarm and kill switches and pedal locks up the ***....Etc. No way they gonna steal another car from me again. Maybe I should get a strap while I'm at it. Nah not really. I hate guns. So when all is said and done.... I would like to give all the thieves in the world a big F U! This aint gonna stop us honda heads....
get a boost phone with GPS software. its the best and cheapest option. Costs about $12-15 a month. And will do tracking and previous locations. And the turbo SOHC is probably faster than ur GSR anyway, so look on the bright side :D D16T.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You should spend a little more money and get the alarm that sends out a signal wen someone opend ur door or anything..

Its like a pager and if someone ****s with it the alarm goes off and it tells you on your key chain its pretty cool.

and also get a lock and lock the stearing colum up so even if they get it there goiny going in circles and try taking the battery out and taking the main fuse... and if u take the battery out dont sit it on concrete it sucks the life out of it

hope u get ur car back
Old 05-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jimster480
get a boost phone with GPS software. its the best and cheapest option. Costs about $12-15 a month. And will do tracking and previous locations. And the turbo SOHC is probably faster than ur GSR anyway, so look on the bright side :D D16T.
I might PM you about this....sounds cool. As far as i know, when i gave my car to my friend it hand a brand new in box greddy kit. With a bunch of other **** like skunk2 mani etc. Now he tuned it at church's automotive in long beach and is pushing 12psi. With i believe 650cc injectors which is GAY. I need this car to drive for my courier job. So im probably gonna buy some less flowing injectors and tune another chip for it. Plus maybe a boost controller to control the boost. So like that i can DD it and go to the track with a all out setup. I cant wait to get my old car back. Just need to save a little $ and wait till he is done with his GSR build he's doing.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I might PM you about this....sounds cool. As far as i know, when i gave my car to my friend it hand a brand new in box greddy kit. With a bunch of other **** like skunk2 mani etc. Now he tuned it at church's automotive in long beach and is pushing 12psi. With i believe 650cc injectors which is GAY. I need this car to drive for my courier job. So im probably gonna buy some less flowing injectors and tune another chip for it. Plus maybe a boost controller to control the boost. So like that i can DD it and go to the track with a all out setup. I cant wait to get my old car back. Just need to save a little $ and wait till he is done with his GSR build he's doing.
Go ahead and PM me. And actually it doesnt matter if he has 1600CC injectors. Unless he has a shitty tune, the injectors will flow a certain rate depending on what the ECU tells it to. So you can still get 30MPG with them, if the tune is proper. And u should be able to DD 12PSI. I was DDing like 16 until I got mine tuned (long story). As long as you dont step on it, it wont start boosting. So you can DD it fine
Old 05-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jimster480
Go ahead and PM me. And actually it doesnt matter if he has 1600CC injectors. Unless he has a shitty tune, the injectors will flow a certain rate depending on what the ECU tells it to. So you can still get 30MPG with them, if the tune is proper. And u should be able to DD 12PSI. I was DDing like 16 until I got mine tuned (long story). As long as you dont step on it, it wont start boosting. So you can DD it fine
Well I really hope that's the case cuz I don't want to be getting 15mpg.LoL. 30 sounds nice. And since it was done at church's I don't think its a shity tune but then again. I will look into this and that boost phone thing. I'm on my blackberry right now so ill hit u up one of these days so you can let me in to this boost thing.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:45 PM
Genetically Gay

gl..hope u get it back.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I really hope that's the case cuz I don't want to be getting 15mpg.LoL. 30 sounds nice. And since it was done at church's I don't think its a shity tune but then again. I will look into this and that boost phone thing. I'm on my blackberry right now so ill hit u up one of these days so you can let me in to this boost thing.
ya, i got Sprint. But anyone can get boost mobile. It only works with certain phones, although it works with the cheapest one The phone costs like $30 or $40. And then you get this online software and install it on the phone. Boost mobile internet service costs $0.15 a day, for every day its used. And the only service costs like $4-6 a month. Basically it triangulates itself with the GPS chip in the phone, and reports it to the website, at intervals you select. You can login to the website from any internet capable phone and see where the tacked device has been. It can even send you emails or texts if it leaves a specific set area. I have the sites and details saved somewhere. And I can give it to you in a PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

UPDATE:

CAR was found yeasterday. got the call around 3:15 pm....here are the pics. It sucks and im pissed and feel like killing some knuckleheads.

Will post pics later. But lets just say they stripped it and even took the RACK AND PINION?????WTF??
Old 06-02-2009, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

UPDATE:

CAR was found yeasterday. got the call around 3:15 pm....here are the pics. It sucks and im pissed and feel like killing some knuckleheads.

Will post pics later. But lets just say they stripped it and even took the RACK AND PINION?????WTF??
Honda; If you build it, thieves will come

was it an EX? If you have a good junk yard you can rebuild the car. This guy I went to pick up a motor from on last Friday had his 99 Hatch stolen and stripped. He's rebuilding it now.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nah.....not worth the memories..LoL I rather buy my old ferio than waste my money to make it stock again. Yeah it was an ex. I would probably waste about 1500 or more to get it to stock shape again. Rather buy the old eg instead. Than later down the road I might buy a ek hatch and built it. Cuz I really love the EK hatchies. But who knows? Only time can tell.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nah.....not worth the memories..LoL I rather buy my old ferio than waste my money to make it stock again. Yeah it was an ex. I would probably waste about 1500 or more to get it to stock shape again. Rather buy the old eg instead. Than later down the road I might buy a ek hatch and built it. Cuz I really love the EK hatchies. But who knows? Only time can tell.
well then sell the shell to som1, or take all the stuff out of the EG and put it in the EX, since the EX coupe is nicer anyway.

Quick Reply: Stolen 97 civic