Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Stolen 2000 electron blue si from royal farms apartments in Cottonwood Heights, Utah

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Stolen 2000 electron blue si from royal farms apartments in Cottonwood Heights, Utah

Last night between 9pm and 8am my 2000 electron blue si was stolen from royal farms apartments in cottonwood heights Utah. It is lowered sitting on 15" bronze rota circuit 8's. It had dark tint and sitting vertically in the rear side windows had stickers thy say "accuracy automotive" written in white lettering. It has yellow fog lamps and the drivers side fog is broken and missing the gray housing. The tint on the drivers window was a little messed up and a v shape was missing from it. Also the rear divers side window did not have tint because it got broken out. It has 2.5 inch exhaust and no resonator so it is very loud and distinguishable. It does not have the si front lip either. The car is my baby!! A year ago I spent a lot of money dropping in a jdm integra type r motor and tranny. If anyone has heard or seen anything in and around the cottonwood heights and greater salt lake city area I would appreciate it if you would contact me on here. I will post some pictures when I get to my computer
Old 05-31-2012, 09:27 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Stolen civic is....help!

Lemme guess, no security? Good luck with the recovery.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No it had a full security system a well as a few other separate features I added such as a hidden fuel pump kill switch. Whoever took it knew what they were doing. There was no broken glass and they would have had to tow it away because with all te security features it would not start unless my some miracle they were able to disable the alarm AND find the hidden kill switch for the fuel pump. I'm pretty confused because the car sits 30 feet from bedroom window. And I have no idea how I didn't hear anything. Until they disconnected the battery the alarm would have gone off for a minimum of 5 seconds and it's pretty loud so I'm pretty confused how I didn't hear anything.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:37 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I smell inside job.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
I smell inside job.
Either that or they hit it with an EMP and then loaded it onto a tow truck

Good luck getting it back
Old 05-31-2012, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon3 Re: Stolen 2000 electron blue si from royal farms apartments in Cottonwood Heights, U

Here are some pictures of the car
Attached Images        
Old 05-31-2012, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Stolen 2000 electron blue si from royal farms apartments in Cottonwood Heights, U

Not sure about 2000s, but EGs can have the hood popped from the outside pretty easily. If your hood isn't pinned for the alarm, they could have popped the hood, disconnected the battery and went to work. Happened to mine. Luckily they were dumb as a box of rocks and never managed to get it started.

fm
Old 05-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Stolen 2000 electron blue si from royal farms apartments in Cottonwood Heights, U

you dont suspect it was rolled down the street then towed? if you armed it and heard the siren chirp then you must have slept through it some how. do you lock your steering wheel as well? seems pretty suspicious of an inside job from possibly your shop.

all hondas need the hood cable relocated and locking hood pins
Old 05-31-2012, 12:02 PM
I like to party

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Running fender liners?
Old 05-31-2012, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No I didn't lock the steering wheel, but it was sitting in such a position that unless you pocked the ignition there is no way to get it down the street. My alarm is connected to the hood so there is no way to pop the hood without the alarm going off. It is possible that I slept through the alarm although I am very keen to the sound of it and I had to have slept through it cuz I cant think of any possible way they would have been able to completely bypass the alarm without the horn sounding at all. AND NO IT WAS ABSOLUTELY NOT MY SHOP, they are the most honest and one of the most reputable honda shops in the Salt Lake Valley. And this is not my current address, I use a completely different address for EVERYTHING, partly for this exact reason that I do not want people to know where I park my car every night. Whoever stole it knew what they were doing. This was not an amateur job, I am very careful with my car and know it completely in and out. To steal my car silently and without drawing a lot of attention, whoever did it has done this before and prolly got it loaded up somehow on a flat bed trailer.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes it has fender liners and i know the hood pop cable is under the fender, in order to get to it you would have to jack the car up and remove the wheel. And i know the picture shows hood pins, it came with them when i bought the car but it does have the oem honda hood latch
Old 05-31-2012, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hoods can be popped from the outside...a careful thief can hold down the pins under the hood if they're careful, preventing the car alarm from going off as their accomplice opens the hood. If you get your car back, do a forensics check and see how they did it. Look for a bent license plate, slashed fender liner, or a broken hood release cable at the hood release.

fm
Old 05-31-2012, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

+1 for ditching the alarm and getting a GPS tracking system
Old 05-31-2012, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

To clarify, when I say "hood pins", I mean sensors that trigger the alarm, not pins to lock the hood.

fm
Old 05-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks fm, really hope I get it back, but based on all the aftermarket stuff I had on it I think my best care scenario is going to be just a stripped shell, the shell was about the only oem parts left, suspesion, tranny, wheels, tires, exhaust, all of it was completely aftermarket

I guess as far as GPS goes...lesson learned
Old 05-31-2012, 12:24 PM
I like to party

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by EJ8_Man
+1 for ditching the alarm and getting a GPS tracking system
So, thanks to this thread I've been reading up on whether a thief could actually use an EMP to steal a car... and the answer is - I'm never letting my car out of my sight again.

You can build an EMP for about 50 bux, and it'll put a quick stop to an alarm, a gps tracker, etc. That + a flatbed = stolen Hondas for days.

I'm afraid.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

BUMP!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

And bottom line is not a new bottom line; if they want it bad enough nothing will prevent it from being stolen.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump, buddy of mines em1 just got stolen here in PA, found it a week later bare shell nothing left interior exterior or drivetrain wise, good luck i hope your more fortunate
Old 05-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My SI shell came from salt lake, there is Alot of SI shells on action in salt lake city every week. Not a place I would want to own a Honda. And my ITR shell came from there too. A lot of times they pull all the fuses and the alarm brain is untouched.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn i didnt think people stole cars in utah.... cali for sure , new york for sure, sorry for your loss. BTW the people who stole it will end up getting what comes to them later down the line, Karmas a bitch
Old 05-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry about your loss.

Did that alarm have a tilt sensor and battery backup? These are a must, IMHO.

Alarm have 2-way paging?
Old 05-31-2012, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I will keep my eyes open, there are a lot of shells that get dumped up here from SLC, This is one of the reasons I got rid of my EH3 and am taking a break for a bit...

Sorry for your loss....
Old 06-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea the alarm had a tilt sensor. Cops called me Friday morning saying they found the stripped shell in Glendale/rose park area of salt lake aka effing ghetto. Motor/trans, suspension, wheels/tires, interior, hood, trunk, bumpers, lights all gone. They found it sitting on donuts in some alley. Now just to wait and see how much insurance gives me. One of the worst parts is that the itr motor had less than 40k on it and it got new water pump t belt gaskets and seals 15k ago before it went into the car.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes it also had 2 way paging and the key fob showed the car locked. Pretty confused how they pulled it off so quietly

Quick Reply: Stolen 2000 electron blue si from royal farms apartments in Cottonwood Heights, Utah