Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Steering whee lock...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Steering whee lock...

sup guys theres been alot of post about honda/acura's being jacked and stripped to pieces...i have EJ8 and dont want my ride to be the same as others...so i'm planning on gettting the steering wheel lock...i have good alarm installed but still want some more protection (even though i know if i do all this my car can still be rolled) My question is should i get the normal steering wheel lock that everybody has or the one where it doesn't involve the steering wheel at all and all it does is lock the brake pedal? i saw it the other day at kragen but thought i would get some feedback before i purchase it....

heres a pic...still a noob at posting pics..sorrie..

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-06-2005, 12:37 PM
I hate everything

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Steering whee lock... (bmoua)

If I were you, get the removal steering wheel, they could cut that if they had a hacksaw in there bag of tricks, w/o the wheel, what are they to do?

Also, throw on a few cuts off, those are always a good investment.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Mr. Fuch-yu

Default Re: Steering whee lock... (BuilttB18C5)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BuilttB18C5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If I were you, get the removal steering wheel, they could cut that if they had a hacksaw in there bag of tricks, w/o the wheel, what are they to do? Also, throw on a few cuts off, those are always a good investment.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Here is a link for a how-to thread for installing an aftermarket steering wheel with quick release.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1415850

And as far as the cut-offs go, use more than one and put them in various locations.

-Red
Old 11-06-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Steering whee lock... (bmoua)

Autolocks can be removed in a few seconds with your bare hands. I've never owned one but there was a thread about this recently. I researched it and found out that EVERYONE else that tried removing it was successful. The "Club" and other junk like it is worthless. There's even a tool you can buy to snap it in half.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:24 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Steering whee lock... (transpar_nt)

yeah, but a brake lock is better than a removable steering wheel. how hard is it for a experienced car thief to carry around a steering wheel, and jam something into the column to drive it?

Besides, removable steering wheels are STUPID!! Only a moron would remove the car's stock SRS airbag, which can save your life, and if you crash, guess how much insurance money you get?
Old 11-06-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Steering whee lock... (Redline96LX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline96LX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah, but a brake lock is better than a removable steering wheel. how hard is it for a experienced car thief to carry around a steering wheel, and jam something into the column to drive it?

Besides, removable steering wheels are STUPID!! Only a moron would remove the car's stock SRS airbag, which can save your life, and if you crash, guess how much insurance money you get?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Lucky for me mine didn't come with SRS (not sure which smiley is more appropiate here...) What about those hub locks? Are they effective?
Old 11-06-2005, 05:47 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Steering whee lock... (transpar_nt)

Im sorry, but Ive seen TOO many people take off their airbag. I had a friend, took his off, got in a wreck that was his fault, and got NOTHING from the insurance company.
Got another friend who had their face destroyed by the wheel in a ******* POS nissan cause its airbag broke. So to take out the biggest safety feature on purpose, I dont get it.

Why are we talking general steering wheel locks in the EG/EK forum anyway? Dont we have a better forum for this where this has been discussed...?
Old 11-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

most likely i'll probably go with clutch and brake locks...thx for the feed back guys...
Old 11-07-2005, 08:30 AM
Mr. Fuch-yu

Default Re: (bmoua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nitrared &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And as far as the cut-offs go, use more than one and put them in various locations.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would seriously look into these if I were you.

-Red
Old 11-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm not too familar with cut offs....my alarm has a kill switch and is pretty sensitive...but cut offs i'll look into that....i remember seeing a diy on that somewhere..