Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Steering Column, how did I manage this

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Steering Column, how did I manage this

Story goes so like this....
The first civic, I have ever been in was the one I bought....and I realized that when ever I would put on my turning signal, and I would turn... it would not go back, so I would have to do it manually... I thought this is how my car was, it never had that feature... then today, I was carrying my backpack, and when I got into car.. My bag flung and hit the rack and I heard a click..

So I'm like oh oh, doesn't sound good.. then I leave the place put on my turning signal... change lanes, then turn it off.. but this time it would go to the next arrow, so from right arrow, to left.. no stopping? I'm like wtf.. then it hits me, it does it for me!!

Somehow from that hit, it auto fixed? I don't know how it did, but this is the first time in like 8 months I have ever had the convience of using signals like this, I stopped signaling all together because of the troubles...

i'm basically wondering, how did I fix? What was wrong with it in the first place.. etc.. etc..
Old 03-30-2006, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who cares, it works now doesn't it?
Old 03-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (idriveacoupe.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by idriveacoupe. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who cares, it works now doesn't it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea no doubt, I'm glad and all.. I just want to know what is the common thing that happens for them not to work, I'm not really sure how the "mechanism" works
Old 03-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wait till your windows start ******* up. then you'll really wanna bang on ****
Old 03-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bsixteen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bsixteen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wait till your windows start ******* up. then you'll really wanna bang on ****</TD></TR></TABLE>

who said they didn't passenger window... boom where did it go... oh it's just in my door
Old 03-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (G2 Speed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G2 Speed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who said they didn't passenger window... boom where did it go... oh it's just in my door </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL...sorry, I could just picture that happening.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:57 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G2 Speed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who said they didn't passenger window... boom where did it go... oh it's just in my door </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL! At least it's your passenger window. Smoker + screwed up driverside window= the loose.

That's wierd that your signal works the way it's supposed to now. The cars are just wierd like that, just like my intermitent speedo and other random ****.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:01 PM

Default Re: (Everyones Hero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Everyones Hero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL! At least it's your passenger window. Smoker + screwed up driverside window= the loose.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha yea tell me about it-i gotta crack like the rest of the windows in my car to get the smoke out, but luckily my drivers side isnt lined up correctly so i can still ash out xP
but yea honda window regulators are no fun
Old 03-31-2006, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Heath)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Heath &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL...sorry, I could just picture that happening.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well it did, the moment I hit the button it got of track, was covered in oil and crap... had to open door, and pull it out from above it got scratched quiet a bit..
Old 03-31-2006, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So yea, signal is busted again, it won't click back... what the hell honda you let me down