Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ST swaybar

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ST swaybar

Does anyone know a good place online to pick up a rear st swaybar? I can only find the front and back kits, Thanks
Old 12-10-2001, 11:33 PM
B18C-EJ1

Default Re: ST swaybar (95excoupe)

Just get OEM. Forget ST.
Old 12-11-2001, 04:09 AM

Default Re: ST swaybar (B18C-EJ1)

It never ceases to amaze me, the utterly mindless posts of some people. Yes, this is directed at you.

To answer your question 95excoupe, ST only sells their swaybars in kits, the best I can remember. I had the same trouble when I bought mine about 1 1/2 years ago. I never installed the front bar, just the rear. Hope this helps.

punch
Old 12-11-2001, 04:17 AM

Default Re: ST swaybar (donkeypunch)

I always thought a jelly donut was better than a donkey punch...
Old 12-11-2001, 08:06 AM
B18C-EJ1

It never ceases to amaze me, the utterly mindless posts of some people. Yes, this is directed at you.

To answer your question 95excoupe, ST only sells their swaybars in kits, the best I can remember. I had the same trouble when I bought mine about 1 1/2 years ago. I never installed the front bar, just the rear. Hope this helps.

punch
Why are you directing this at me? Whats wrong with OEM bars. IMO, ST makes **** for swaybars with their extra brackets and the what not.

OEM bars fit better because their designed to go in the factory location and use factory parts.

Old 12-11-2001, 09:07 AM

To answer you questions, 1. Because you replied to the post. 2. Nothing is wrong with the OEM bars, the reason some people change things on their car is to enhance performance. Why did you do a motor swap? What was wrong with the orginal engine? Allow me to ask this, what application did you use ST bars on? On a 99SI, it came with stronger endlinks and instead of bolting to the chassis with the factory mounting brackets, it mounted with steel hardware. How is that extra brackets and what not. The only thing they changed, needed to be in order to stand up to the stress of the larger bar.

BTW, the 99SI rear bar will work on a 92-95 hatch. With or without orginal swaybar.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:25 AM
New User

You can buy the rear bar only. Check out NOPI at http://www.nopionline.com
Old 12-11-2001, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

>>IMO, ST makes **** for swaybars with their extra brackets and the what not.<<

FACTS PLEASE, not inflammatory bullshit.

The FACT is, there are a lot of SCCA national champs out there that won on ST sway bars. Lots of national champs on OEM bars too, but know what? They HAD to run OEM bars because those were the rules. If they were allowed to change them to ST, Comptech, Eibach, or whatever, they did.

It's also fairly easy to make the case for ST's "extra brackets and what not" being a *better* design than the OEM mounting system, both in terms of transitional stability and subframe stress.
Old 12-11-2001, 12:02 PM
New User

Default Re: ST swaybar (fsp31)

fsp31, you nailed it!!!
Old 12-11-2001, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ST swaybar (fsp31)

oem is better than nothing, but I am getting the ST bars most likely!!
I would rather get those than buy OEM since my civic came with nada!!!
Old 12-11-2001, 01:13 PM
B18C-EJ1

To answer you questions, 1. Because you replied to the post. 2. Nothing is wrong with the OEM bars, the reason some people change things on their car is to enhance performance. Why did you do a motor swap? What was wrong with the orginal engine? Allow me to ask this, what application did you use ST bars on? On a 99SI, it came with stronger endlinks and instead of bolting to the chassis with the factory mounting brackets, it mounted with steel hardware. How is that extra brackets and what not. The only thing they changed, needed to be in order to stand up to the stress of the larger bar.

BTW, the 99SI rear bar will work on a 92-95 hatch. With or without orginal swaybar.
To reply to your answers.

Why did I do a motor swap - Because I wanted more power.

My app was a 95 Civic coupe. The front bar didn't fit for ****, and the rear bar I had to add those brackets to make it work. After fighting with it for a week trying to get it to fit properly (not hit my exhaust) and stop squeeking & rattling, I broke down, spent 1/2 the cash I did on the ST bars, and got OEM. 24mm front and 22mm rear (with the Integ rear LCA's). Loads bigger than the ST stuff, and it fit perfectly with no problems.

That's why I say ST is ****. If you were to say you were getting (pick any other brand) I probably would not have said anything about it. But IMHO ST is not worth the cost of the material.

It all comes down to experience. Onced burned twice shy.
Old 12-12-2001, 07:04 PM

How come a trees good?
How does the Posi-trac of a Plymouth work?

THEY JUST DO!

Sorry, I'm retarded.

But yeah, I'd go with OEM front, and the Comptech Tie/Sway bar combo. I'd try and source either an ITR, SI, or GSR front sway bar and put poly bushings on it. I am in love with the Comptech setup. I'm gonna buy it as soon as I become not a broke-*** college student