Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

SRR sway combo vs Comptech sway combo

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRR sway combo vs Comptech sway combo

Im thinking about upgrading my suspension with a sway bar + tie bar combo. This is for a 92 civic hatchback. So far I have ground control coilovers, 15' si rims, yokohama es 100s, front and rear strut bar and a c-pillar bar. I also plan on getting tokico illuminas or koni yellows. what are ur opinions for a sway + tie bar combo.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SRR sway combo vs Comptech sway combo (integ714)

you should search there are many topics about this. bottom line is both kits are good but its manly comes down to what size sway you like, the only way to tell that is to try them out
Old 01-25-2004, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just got my srr sway tie bar combo it was really easy to put on. made a world of diffrence car handles really nice. rear feels more soild.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:55 PM
Future Texas Boy

Comptech. Buy American! It`s a new fad.

Ryan
Old 01-25-2004, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SRR sway combo vs Comptech sway combo (vtecvoodoo)

i know the SRR is a 19mm bar..and the Comptech is a 22 I THINK...
Personally...id get the comptech
SRR Cilovers RULE though
Old 01-25-2004, 06:24 PM
Future Texas Boy

Default Re: SRR sway combo vs Comptech sway combo (Swags04)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Swags04 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">SRR Cilovers RULE though </TD></TR></TABLE>

I`ve got a set at our shop right know which I put on the shock dyno. Would you like my opinion on them?

Ryan
Old 01-25-2004, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecvoodoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I`ve got a set at our shop right know which I put on the shock dyno. Would you like my opinion on them?

Ryan</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes
Old 01-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecvoodoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ryan</TD></TR></TABLE>you damn skippy we do............John
Old 01-25-2004, 08:09 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The SRR rear set-up is pretty hokey compared to Comptech's offering.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SRR sway combo vs Comptech sway combo (SkyeC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkyeC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The SRR rear set-up is pretty hokey compared to Comptech's offering.</TD></TR></TABLE>for what reasons?.................John
Old 01-25-2004, 08:19 PM

Default Re: SRR sway combo vs Comptech sway combo (h22John)

have you seen the comptech??? the quailty and design is top shelf. only way to go.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22John &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for what reasons?.................John</TD></TR></TABLE>

the general consensus is, that comptech is mad tight.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SRR sway combo vs Comptech sway combo (jwn7)

Well of course, everything comptech makes is very superior in quality to most products. I was just wondering why it was superior and why the SRR was "janky" or whatever that guy said......John....BTW COMPTECH IS THE ****!!!!
Old 01-25-2004, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the Comptech set up and am very happy with it.

Plus I don't think that the SRR system is adjustable, the Comptech has 3 stiffness settings.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:13 PM

nice
Old 01-25-2004, 11:43 PM

Ryan</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, that would be some good info. I'm guessing they didn't do so well?? Did you by any chance get your RS's on there?

And to answer the question, I would say Comptech. Thanks to the design of their endlinks, it is next to impossible to rip your subframe while running the Comptech set-up. I should be getting mine soon...
Old 01-26-2004, 07:34 AM

Default Re: SRR sway combo vs Comptech sway combo (EVIL_EKology)

Comptech Sway Bar/Tie Bar:

Old 07-27-2004, 11:12 AM

Default Re: SRR sway combo vs Comptech sway combo (Sam P 27)

I don't have either of these sway bars, so I don't know first hand, but I can tell you from the pictures that there are some major differences betwixt the two sway bars.
1. 22mm up from 19mm. I heard from this forum that the SRR bar is only 19mm, I would think that the 22mm of the Comptech bar would be needed to reduce and correct the inherent understeer flaw of civics and tegs.
2. Adjustable. This is a must for anyone who is a serious auto-xer or knows anything about suspension because they can tune the suspension inorder to make everything work together.
3. Heim joints. These probably make just as much difference as the diffenence in diameter of the two bars. They allow the bar to be much more effective because the bar does not deflect the poly bushings. They allow for much smoother movement without binding and allow for much crisper and quicker turn-in.
4. Preload Adjustment. The comptech bar is infinitely adjustable for preload correction and therefore if the bar were to be incorrectly shaped, you could correct the foible from the manufacturer. (I doubt this is a big problem with Comptech)
I do acknowledge that SRR makes good parts and I will probably buy some of their products in the future, but I gotta say that Comptech has the better product in this case
Old 07-27-2004, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SRR sway combo vs Comptech sway combo (ftrauto-xek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ftrauto-xek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't have either of these sway bars, so I don't know first hand, but I can tell you from the pictures that there are some major differences betwixt the two sway bars.
1. 22mm up from 19mm. I heard from this forum that the SRR bar is only 19mm, I would think that the 22mm of the Comptech bar would be needed to reduce and correct the inherent understeer flaw of civics and tegs.
2. Adjustable. This is a must for anyone who is a serious auto-xer or knows anything about suspension because they can tune the suspension inorder to make everything work together.
3. Heim joints. These probably make just as much difference as the diffenence in diameter of the two bars. They allow the bar to be much more effective because the bar does not deflect the poly bushings. They allow for much smoother movement without binding and allow for much crisper and quicker turn-in.
4. Preload Adjustment. The comptech bar is infinitely adjustable for preload correction and therefore if the bar were to be incorrectly shaped, you could correct the foible from the manufacturer. (I doubt this is a big problem with Comptech)
I do acknowledge that SRR makes good parts and I will probably buy some of their products in the future, but I gotta say that Comptech has the better product in this case</TD></TR></TABLE>

definately a good way to start your time here @ h-t

good first post, very informative and usefull. keep it up.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:56 AM

Default Re: SRR sway combo vs Comptech sway combo (Eg6_RcR)

get the srr rear lca's and comptech combo on back......... I got it and i highly recommend it (just have to spend alot tho thats what sucked)
Old 07-27-2004, 12:06 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: SRR sway combo vs Comptech sway combo (JDMspecs Eg6'er)

i think the comptech piece is nicer but i use neither

benen tie bar , jdm itr rear sway and the beaks kit , anothr option for you to think about.

Old 07-27-2004, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SRR sway combo vs Comptech sway combo (Hella_JDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hella_JDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think the comptech piece is nicer but i use neither

benen tie bar , jdm itr rear sway and the beaks kit , anothr option for you to think about.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
look at all the pretty colors , the comptech i think would be better or the reasons stated above but the benen tie bar is really nice and have heard really good things about it
Old 07-27-2004, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

while on the subject what lower bar would work well with ek9 rear anti roll bar ?
Old 07-27-2004, 12:51 PM

Default Re: (vti444)

Just put on my comptech tie/sway bar and a set of SRR lca's this morning/27 Jul. BLING BLING. Running GC coils with 450 front/550 rear and koni yellows. 22mm bar now, none before. Next SCCA race is not until 15 of Aug. but I'll let you know how much of a difference it makes.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:55 PM

Default Re: (toadolson)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by toadolson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just put on my comptech tie/sway bar and a set of SRR lca's this morning/27 Jul. BLING BLING. Running GC coils with 450 front/550 rear and koni yellows. 22mm bar now, none before. Next SCCA race is not until 15 of Aug. but I'll let you know how much of a difference it makes.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Too tell you the truth it makes a huge difference. just prep up your front suspension so it configures the back as well. I get alot of oversteer when i am taking a right turn at 60, oh yea also tires choice too congrats by the way on your rear suspension i have the same setup but on tokico illum and gc

Quick Reply: SRR sway combo vs Comptech sway combo