Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

srr quick bumper release

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default srr quick bumper release

i just ordered 2 SRR quick bumper release sets

Ok back to the topic

Does anybody have any install information on these such as tips/pics/instructions

i need to install these on my ek and my friend's dc

so any info is appreciated

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...%3AIT

Modified by ek9mugen at 1:06 AM 4/5/2004
Old 02-15-2004, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: srr quick bumper release (ek9mugen)

I read the Ebay link and still don't understand what these things do. Can a n00b get an explination?
Old 02-15-2004, 01:07 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: srr quick bumper release (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I read the Ebay link and still don't understand what these things do. Can a n00b get an explination? </TD></TR></TABLE> You install in on ur bumper and like the topic says... its quick release, u use a screw driver take off the whole bumper in half the time.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:08 PM

i would also like to see pics cuz i take off my bumper alot. im tired of zip ties. haha.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: srr quick bumper release (epsom salt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by epsom salt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> You install in on ur bumper and like the topic says... its quick release, u use a screw driver take off the whole bumper in half the time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm..I can get my bumper off in less than 5 minutes. I need some pictures of this to understand I think. There are like 6 clips on top of the grille, a screw in either side of the wheel well and some bolts underneath (that I no longer use).
Old 02-15-2004, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: srr quick bumper release (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hmm..I can get my bumper off in less than 5 minutes. I need some pictures of this to understand I think. There are like 6 clips on top of the grille, a screw in either side of the wheel well and some bolts underneath (that I no longer use). </TD></TR></TABLE>

same here. im confused on how this be will "quicker" and "easier" then takin off the regular bumper
Old 02-15-2004, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Im also confused...
Clips, 2 screws, and 2 bolts (if you use them...I use 1) are easy as it is

but for $20 if the explanation of how it really works (pics would be nice) then maybe id buy a set
Old 02-15-2004, 01:23 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

i know there are users who have them, i seen one in person once and the clips connect to the exterior of the bumper and screw off with a screwdriver
Old 02-15-2004, 01:26 PM

Default Re: (epsom salt)

on ebay you get get this bumper kit and a footrest for 10 shipped
Old 02-15-2004, 01:27 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by epsom salt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know there are users who have them, i seen one in person once and the clips connect to the exterior of the bumper and screw off with a screwdriver </TD></TR></TABLE>

hmm. i know a guy that had something like this but he didnt need any screws. he just popped it off. thats what u call quick release. if u still need to use a screwdriver to take off screws then i dont know whats the point? bling?
Old 02-15-2004, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ek9mugen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek9mugen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">on ebay you get get this bumper kit and a footrest for 10 shipped </TD></TR></TABLE>

Okay, that still doesn't explain 1. what it does, and 2. how it helps it to be any quicker??
Old 02-15-2004, 01:30 PM

Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im also confused...
Clips, 2 screws, and 2 bolts (if you use them...I use 1) are easy as it is

but for $20 if the explanation of how it really works (pics would be nice) then maybe id buy a set</TD></TR></TABLE>

i was just replying and letting this guy know , they are only 10 shipped
Old 02-15-2004, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ek9mugen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek9mugen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i was just replying and letting this guy know , they are only 10 shipped</TD></TR></TABLE>

Okay, so my next question would be do you know how they help it to be any quicker?? Or even any idea how they are put on?
Old 02-15-2004, 01:38 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

dude .. we are trying to find out how to install them we are not selling them...
Old 02-15-2004, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont think ricey or i are trying to knock the product... hell for 10 bucks i'd buy one. providing that someone can show us how the hell they're installed and if they save any time removing a bumper

Old 02-15-2004, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ProEater)

some one has to know...
Old 02-15-2004, 01:50 PM

hmm how does ebay work? the starting bid is at $4.99 and shipping is $8.50 how do u get it for $10 shipped? or someone elxplain how ebay works? u can get away with the shipping fees?
Old 02-15-2004, 01:53 PM

Default Re: srr quick bumper release (egturbo)

You screw one of the round pieces into your fender, and screw one into the bumper. Than stretch the rubber band things over the round metal pieces.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:54 PM

Default Re: srr quick bumper release (egturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmm how does ebay work? the starting bid is at $4.99 and shipping is $8.50 how do u get it for $10 shipped? or someone elxplain how ebay works? u can get away with the shipping fees?</TD></TR></TABLE>

my bad man, if you buy more than one there is no additional shipping charges
Old 02-15-2004, 01:55 PM

i will get the information how to install these along with a review sometime this week, thanks for your patience.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

jesus..its common sense how they get installed..you can tell by looking at the pics..first thing you do is remove all oem bolts from bumper..then when bumper is loose find a spot to mount of of the red or purple anodized round clips..drill a 1/8th inch hole in the bumper put the screw through the anodized clip screw it through the 1/8th inch hole into the tap behind the bumper to stop the screw from backing out of the hole..repeat this process as many times as desired across the whole top of the bumper where it meets the 1/4 panels and or hatch..do the same thing directly across from where you mounted the anodized clips on the bumper..to the 1/4 panel and or hatch/trunklid..make sure you put anough space between them so you can stretch the rubber o rings supplied in the kit from clip to clip so its very snug and holds the bumper to the car..if you install a clip to close the oring will just sit there loose or fall off and so will your bumper..i learned all of this by looking at the picture and using common sense..its a shame none of you could have figured this out
Old 02-15-2004, 02:26 PM
mike93eh

quick bumper releases? LOL this **** is the gayest stuff ive ever seen. it takes me me literally 2 minutes to take a bumper off.. jeez.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The latest anti-theft device: SRR quick bumper release!

For when you don't want your JDM bodykit stolen; take it off and carry it with you!
Old 02-15-2004, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: srr quick bumper release (Grip Driver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Grip Driver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">jesus..its common sense how they get installed..you can tell by looking at the pics..first thing you do is remove all oem bolts from bumper..then when bumper is loose find a spot to mount of of the red or purple anodized round clips..drill a 1/8th inch hole in the bumper put the screw through the anodized clip screw it through the 1/8th inch hole into the tap behind the bumper to stop the screw from backing out of the hole..repeat this process as many times as desired across the whole top of the bumper where it meets the 1/4 panels and or hatch..do the same thing directly across from where you mounted the anodized clips on the bumper..to the 1/4 panel and or hatch/trunklid..make sure you put anough space between them so you can stretch the rubber o rings supplied in the kit from clip to clip so its very snug and holds the bumper to the car..if you install a clip to close the oring will just sit there loose or fall off and so will your bumper..i learned all of this by looking at the picture and using common sense..its a shame none of you could have figured this out </TD></TR></TABLE>

thank you. it isnt THAT hard to figure out.... but its for the front bumper... removing rear bumper would be pretty pointless.

Modified by n3rdsp0rts at 7:40 PM 2/15/2004
Old 02-15-2004, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: srr quick bumper release (Grip Driver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Grip Driver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">jesus..its common sense how they get installed..you can tell by looking at the pics..first thing you do is remove all oem bolts from bumper..then when bumper is loose find a spot to mount of of the red or purple anodized round clips..drill a 1/8th inch hole in the bumper put the screw through the anodized clip screw it through the 1/8th inch hole into the tap behind the bumper to stop the screw from backing out of the hole..repeat this process as many times as desired across the whole top of the bumper where it meets the 1/4 panels and or hatch..do the same thing directly across from where you mounted the anodized clips on the bumper..to the 1/4 panel and or hatch/trunklid..make sure you put anough space between them so you can stretch the rubber o rings supplied in the kit from clip to clip so its very snug and holds the bumper to the car..if you install a clip to close the oring will just sit there loose or fall off and so will your bumper..i learned all of this by looking at the picture and using common sense..its a shame none of you could have figured this out </TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know about the other members, but I assumed this was for a front bumper. How often do you have to take your rear bumper off?? I for one have NEVER had mine off in over 2 years of owning the car and I have had just about everything else apart.

Quick Reply: srr quick bumper release