Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

squeaking noise front right suspension.... don't have time to check.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post squeaking noise front right suspension.... don't have time to check.

Hi my eg hatchback has started to make noise on my right front side suspension. i haven't have the time to check it yet but want to know what might be causing it. ive been working alot and not have a chance to look at it.
two months ago i installed front top hats w/oem bushings, riding on my tein basic coilover kit. the top hat i have like a aftermarket isolator or some plastic piece, etc. i installed bump stops etc.

now like three months now i have this squeaking noise right front. if i move the front of the car up and down it makes the squeaky noise, and side to side not so much noise.

what common noises that can cause this kind of squeaky noise???
am i safe i don't have the time yet to take it apart hopefully by next weekend or something if i get off of work..

what common noise cause this kind of squeaky noise???
Old 01-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Retired Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: squeaking noise front right suspension.... don't have time to check.

When you have time to check, then come back to us.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: squeaking noise front right suspension.... don't have time to check.

Your post tells us absolutely nothing. If you don't have time to even look at it and diagnose it, don't waste people on here's time and have a shop do everything for you.. A lot of them will do a free estimate too.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not making a direct attack at you OP, but by the time it took you to type this you could have just looked at it real quick and possibly diagnosed the problem. Does it sound like a shock squeak? Bushing squeak?
Old 01-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Bushings, ball joints, or a blown shock.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

balljoint for sure!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:13 PM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Make the time to check .... its your car man!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Radecki
balljoint for sure!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It'd take less than 15 minutes to jack up the right side of the car to look around.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:53 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Strong money on one or more bushings being worn out. When you put brand new suspension components on a car, it'll exacerbate the wear on older components. Ball joints are more likely to creak, bushings squeak.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay i finally got the time to check my suspension on the right front side. So i lifted it up on jack stands. i jacked the tire w/the tire on the car. up and down. it made a slight squeak noise. okay i removed the tires and inspected all stuff. balljoints,tierods, bushings looked good. i decieded to spray white lithium grease, but before i sprayed it with brake clean to clean the dirt and stuff. in the mean time i checked the shock and plastic cover that covers the bump stop. looked smashed top bushings look fine, etc.
i was like wtf was the noise. i rotated the spring with the top rubber poly isolator. i checked everything and i sprayed brake clean all under the bushings bumpsotps plastic cover. i first sprayed brake clean on the control arm bushing first and sprayd white lthium grease. i then realized that white lithium grease would be a bad idea so i didn't spray it on theshock bump stops etc. sounded like the rubber bushings and crap was rubbing or something. was dirty and stuff. i was going to spra it with water but didn't have time to wait till it dries.

i removed the white lithium grease on the control arm bushings and put everything back. then i went for a test drive .
wtf?? no noise. yes... i was supposed to remove everything and lube every bushing and crap with some synthetic brake. after but no noise so i didn't

but no problem just brake clean and noise gone..............