Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Spoiler/body kit Suggestions For My Baby

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoiler/body kit Suggestions For My Baby

I want to put a spoiler/body kit on my ride. I don't know what to choose. What would you recommend as far as looks and performance?

The following pics are pics I took right before I bought the car, and one of them is in front of my apt. Before I put a spoiler I will put a body kit (or would you suggest lips?)

Here she is:

Slideshow:

http://s189.photobucket.com/al...b.pbw

Old 07-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Spoiler/body kit Suggestions For My Baby (Cpt.GargameL)

you should purchase the wings west spoiler for your coupe. a friend found his at http://www.icbmotorsport.com
Old 07-12-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Spoiler/body kit Suggestions For My Baby (eg6sir-s)

Aren't there a couple types of Wings West spoilers?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg6sir-s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you should purchase the wings west spoiler for your coupe. a friend found his at http://www.icbmotorsport.com</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-12-2007, 10:28 PM

I just purchased a silver 2000 EX for DD. You probably got a better deal than I did out in Fl, I wound up paying 5300.00 but its in excellent condition (girl owned).

Anyways...building your car should reflect who you are. If you want a clean yet stylish ride I would suggest a modest drop around 1.75 inches, a nice front lip, paint the side moldings a matching silver, get some decent wheels for it (HT is loaded with cars with a variety of wheels just use search).

Heres a link with a silver civic like yours that has gone through a couple different set-ups and I think it looks really nice.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1792734

Its about halfway down the 1st page.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:29 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cpt.GargameL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(or would you suggest lips?)
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Spoiler/body kit Suggestions For My Baby (RangerDan)

i understand asking how to modify for performance if you don't know much about cars. i don't understand asking how to modify for appearance. do what you think looks nice. if you want to max out your credit cards on gaudy pep boys and ebay stuff, do it if you like it. if you want a subtle lip kit, do it. in short: do what you think looks nice and expletive everyone on this board, including me.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Spoiler/body kit Suggestions For My Baby (92slowcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92slowcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i understand asking how to modify for performance if you don't know much about cars. i don't understand asking how to modify for appearance. do what you think looks nice. if you want to max out your credit cards on gaudy pep boys and ebay stuff, do it if you like it. if you want a subtle lip kit, do it. in short: do what you think looks nice and expletive everyone on this board, including me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree, but...start here bro, go through all of the pictures. Its a good place to see all the different types of things you can get for your car. ....almost forgot...welcome to HT...

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1181688
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1762994
Old 07-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cpt.GargameL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Aren't there a couple types of Wings West spoilers?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

the wings west rear spoiler is speak of:

if you want a front & rear lip stick with oem honda...
Old 07-12-2007, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Spoiler/body kit Suggestions For My Baby (bmoua)

Wow... thank you for introducing me to the EM1 crew(s) thos vics look awesome.

Here is my plan as far as appearance for my ride, tell me what you think.

So far the car is about 4-5 inches from the ground. (the front end)

I'm thinking painting it electric blue (Si color)
Black 16" rims low pro with a 3-4" black lip
front lip
8 vortex generator fins (like the Evo)
Evo Antenna (I dislike the long thing sticking in and out) that did not sound right lol!!
6000 Xenon Hid's
99-2000 Si front grill
99-2000 Si rear lights
Spoiler (I still don't know which to pick)

Any suggestions or recommendations appreciated!!

Old 07-13-2007, 12:12 AM

Early morning tired as F*** bump
Old 07-13-2007, 12:37 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Spoiler/body kit Suggestions For My Baby (92slowcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92slowcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i understand asking how to modify for performance if you don't know much about cars. i don't understand asking how to modify for appearance. do what you think looks nice. if you want to max out your credit cards on gaudy pep boys and ebay stuff, do it if you like it. if you want a subtle lip kit, do it. in short: do what you think looks nice and expletive everyone on this board, including me.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I can understand it in that we might be able to recommend what parts are of inferior material or what might have other common flaws.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cpt.GargameL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow... thank you for introducing me to the EM1 crew(s) thos vics look awesome.

Here is my plan as far as appearance for my ride, tell me what you think.

So far the car is about 4-5 inches from the ground. (the front end)

I'm thinking painting it electric blue (Si color)
Black 16" rims low pro with a 3-4" black lip
front lip
8 vortex generator fins (like the Evo)
Evo Antenna (I dislike the long thing sticking in and out) that did not sound right lol!!
6000 Xenon Hid's
99-2000 Si front grill
99-2000 Si rear lights
Spoiler (I still don't know which to pick)

Any suggestions or recommendations appreciated!! </TD></TR></TABLE>
The color you're thinking of is called Electron Blue Pearl. Steer clear of it, it cries out STEAL ME. It also looks very odd on a '96-'98.

And the taililghts were all the same for all '99-'00 coupes. The red/white taillights aren't just from the Si models.

Eran has a good thread about lighting and the color of lighting and why you shouldn't get blue lighting.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Spoiler/body kit Suggestions For My Baby (NOFX)

I can see why that color would attract the wrong croud. Thanks for the advice. I was also thinking Grey, the Grey that the EvoMR has. What is the name of it again?

I will search for that thread now.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The color you're thinking of is called Electron Blue Pearl. Steer clear of it, it cries out STEAL ME. It also looks very odd on a '96-'98.

And the taililghts were all the same for all '99-'00 coupes. The red/white taillights aren't just from the Si models.

Eran has a good thread about lighting and the color of lighting and why you shouldn't get blue lighting.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-13-2007, 10:15 AM

Unless your going to get a really nice paint job (2000-2500+) I wouldnt bother. Factory paint may not be original but it doesnt start to look like crap in a couple years.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

go with a greddy front lip and jdm rear lip - paint your side skirts silver or go with xenon skirts.

whatever you do don't get a bodykit - stick with lips.

the wings west spoiler looks good.

you can also go with a 99-00 front end conversion but it's pretty costly

i'd stick with lips all around - go with a modest gap and some OEM Honda wheels - 15" are fine and your golden or you can always go with OEM Honda HFP wheels - the new Honda Fit has a nice set of 16's but you'll have to buy them new from honda and that'll cost you an arm/leg

for starters just get a front lip and and new ctr grill - you'll be happy.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is in the wrong forum and I'll tell you why: So people like myself don't interject our unwelcome opinions. There's an appearance forum that serves as a safehaven for people like you. I don't want to see these threads. They make me sick. They make me wish F&F never happened. They make me wish you guys got into any type of car besides Hondas/Acuras. They make me squeel with glee everytime I see a bodykitted car severly wrecked on the road or in the junkyard. Have a nice die.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Spoiler/body kit Suggestions For My Baby (EK9Rider)

well, you're looking for our opinions, so i'll tell you that i don't prefer spoilers. Lips are great, simple clean. Any pics of the wheels you putting on? do what you want
Old 07-13-2007, 10:57 AM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RangerDan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Unless your going to get a really nice paint job (2000-2500+) I wouldnt bother. Factory paint may not be original but it doesnt start to look like crap in a couple years.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Silver is one of the best colors as far as being easy to make look clean all the time.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK9Rider &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">go with a greddy front lip and jdm rear lip - paint your side skirts silver or go with xenon skirts.

whatever you do don't get a bodykit - stick with lips.

the wings west spoiler looks good.

you can also go with a 99-00 front end conversion but it's pretty costly

i'd stick with lips all around - go with a modest gap and some OEM Honda wheels - 15" are fine and your golden or you can always go with OEM Honda HFP wheels - the new Honda Fit has a nice set of 16's but you'll have to buy them new from honda and that'll cost you an arm/leg

for starters just get a front lip and and new ctr grill - you'll be happy.</TD></TR></TABLE>
While many people like the '99-'00 conversion, it seems silly to me to buy a car here and try to make it look just like a car that's sold here. You could have just bought the '99-'00 in the first place.

Plus the '96-'98 front end has three OEM lips and the '99-'00 front end has only one OEM lip.

If you go with a body kit, keep the OEM bumpers and sideskirts around. There might be a day when you want to go back, and now you'd have to go through the hassle of finding replacement bumpers and sideskirts and painting them.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i say suspension and wheels should be first if ur looking to upgrade ur appearance...

i think those upgrades have the biggest visual impact, and make any honda look cleaner

but thats just my opinion.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Spoiler/body kit Suggestions For My Baby (suspendedHatch)

Wow you seriously need to get a hold of yourself. I'm only 19 and I don't let stuff like that get to my head, but in any case, it's different for sorts of people.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suspendedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is in the wrong forum and I'll tell you why: So people like myself don't interject our unwelcome opinions. There's an appearance forum that serves as a safehaven for people like you. I don't want to see these threads. They make me sick. They make me wish F&F never happened. They make me wish you guys got into any type of car besides Hondas/Acuras. They make me squeel with glee everytime I see a bodykitted car severly wrecked on the road or in the junkyard. Have a nice die.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have jdm coilovers so far foe suspension. My front end is about 4" of the ground. I take turns with one finger I love the difference.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i say suspension and wheels should be first if ur looking to upgrade ur appearance...

i think those upgrades have the biggest visual impact, and make any honda look cleaner

but thats just my opinion.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree, though I need a paint job. There are a few sun spots and fades around the car. How much do you think re-painting it silver would cost? (metallic silver sounds nice)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Silver is one of the best colors as far as being easy to make look clean all the time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah the Wings West spoiler does look good indeed.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> the wings west spoiler looks good.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Low pro 16" black rims with a 3" black lip sound good to me.

I appreciate all of your opinions, and thoughts.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:10 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cpt.GargameL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I agree, though I need a paint job. There are a few sun spots and fades around the car. How much do you think re-painting it silver would cost? (metallic silver sounds nice)</TD></TR></TABLE>
Well, the current color is Vogue Silver Metallic (aka New Vogue Silver Metallic).

I couldn't tell you the price for a paint job though since there are other factors involved such as where you live and if you want it single stage or with a base/clear (ftw)
Old 07-13-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Spoiler/body kit Suggestions For My Baby (NOFX)

Then a re-paint of the same color would do. Thanks!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Well, the current color is Vogue Silver Metallic (aka New Vogue Silver Metallic).

I couldn't tell you the price for a paint job though since there are other factors involved such as where you live and if you want it single stage or with a base/clear (ftw)</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-13-2007, 08:07 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cpt.GargameL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
1. I'm thinking painting it electric blue (Si color)
2. Black 16" rims low pro with a 3-4" black lip
3. front lip
4. 8 vortex generator fins (like the Evo)
5. Evo Antenna (I dislike the long thing sticking in and out) that did not sound right lol!!
6. 6000 Xenon Hid's
7. 99-2000 Si front grill
8. 99-2000 Si rear lights
9. Spoiler (I still don't know which to pick)</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. I personally like EBP, but to get a good, full paint job would probably be 3-4k.
2. I don't know which rims you want, so I can't help you out there.
3 & 7. If you want a '99-00 front grill, you will need the grille, fenders, headlights, hood and bumper. I wish I would have done that to my car.
4. Don't know what you are talking about.
5. Screw the fin antennae, get a Metra.
6. For HID's read here.
9. I like the '99-00 Si spoiler also.

To sum things up, do whatever makes you happy!

-Shane
Old 07-13-2007, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Spoiler/body kit Suggestions For My Baby (nighttrain33)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cpt.GargameL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I want to put a spoiler/body kit on my ride. I don't know what to choose. What would you recommend as far as looks and performance?

The following pics are pics I took right before I bought the car, and one of them is in front of my apt. Before I put a spoiler I will put a body kit (or would you suggest lips?)

Here she is:

Slideshow:

http://s189.photobucket.com/al...b.pbw

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Performance!?

You drive a Honda Fu8king Civic with a probably stock motor. Performance will NEVER enter the picture in terms of spoilers for your car.

I give up.

EDIT:
I looked at your slideshow, yup, really looker you got there, about 50 angles of a stock civic in crappy cell phone photos, I coulda never fathomed that one up. Word to the wise: Your body kit will make it look worse.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Spoiler/body kit Suggestions For My Baby (eg6sir-s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg6sir-s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the wings west rear spoiler is speak of:

if you want a front & rear lip stick with oem honda...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is quite possible the ugliest Honda accessory I've EVER seen.

EDIT:
PS: This belongs in the appearance forum.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:36 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cpt.GargameL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Then a re-paint of the same color would do. Thanks!

</TD></TR></TABLE>
No problem.

Look into the less showy '96-'98 coupe spoiler btw. I have one and love it. The '99-'00 (aka "Si") spoiler throws off the lines of the otherwise sleek car imo.

Some painted sideskirts, maybe a '96-'98 spoiler, a drop, wheels and a lip kit and you're golden.

Quick Reply: Spoiler/body kit Suggestions For My Baby