Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Someone tried to steal my turbo civic

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 04:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone tried to steal my turbo civic

Last night someone tried to move my car, then realised I had no ecu in it and just gave up. I am running AEM ems and it doesnt quite fit well in the stock Location. so I unplug it and take it in my room every night. so u cant help but notice the plugs on the floor.

so they saw it and just left. Im not sure if a stock ecu will start my car with my injectors. but I got other tricks up my sleeve to keep it from starting. next time they better come with a tow truck. I have an alarm on the car but when teh Turbo timer was being installed it got messed up. and I never got around to fixing it. and Im glad I didnt, because I would be relying on just that and probably wouldnt have a car now. but knowing the alarm doesnt work forced me to come up with creative alternatives. and unplugging my ecu is just the most obvious one.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Pics? How did thety try to break in?

I'm glad they didn't get it though!
Old 10-20-2006, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (-Gary-)

Sorry no pics, but looks like they pryed the windows and unlocked it.. no scratches left, only finger prints and some white dusty crap.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostage)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry not pics, but looks like they pryed the windows and unlocked it.. no scratches left, only finger prints and some white dusty crap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you call the police?
Old 10-20-2006, 05:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (-Gary-)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -Gary- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you call the police?</TD></TR></TABLE>
waiting for their *** now..
Old 10-20-2006, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
waiting for their *** now..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 10-20-2006, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Someone tried to steal my turbo civic (Boostage)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Last night someone tried to move my car, then realised I had no ecu in it and just gave up. I am running AEM ems and it doesnt quite fit well in the stock Location. so I unplug it and take it in my room every night. so u cant help but notice the plugs on the floor.

so they saw it and just left. Im not sure if a stock ecu will start my car with my injectors. but I got other tricks up my sleeve to keep it from starting. next time they better come with a tow truck. I have an alarm on the car but when teh Turbo timer was being installed it got messed up. and I never got around to fixing it. and Im glad I didnt, because I would be relying on just that and probably wouldnt have a car now. but knowing the alarm doesnt work forced me to come up with creative alternatives. and unplugging my ecu is just the most obvious one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

They're going to come back with an ecu. I'd invest in a pager alarm or a security camera with the 8" tv.

Next time they'll probably just push your car down the street and play with it there.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Someone tried to steal my turbo civic (FuNkDrSpOt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FuNkDrSpOt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

They're going to come back with an ecu. I'd invest in a pager alarm or a security camera with the 8" tv. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Put spent shell casings on the floor where your ECU would be, they should get the idea.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Someone tried to steal my turbo civic (FuNkDrSpOt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FuNkDrSpOt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They're going to come back with an ecu. I'd invest in a pager alarm or a security camera with the 8" tv.

Next time they'll probably just push your car down the street and play with it there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have an alpha lock on the wheel now. they wont be pushing anything. and Im going to make sure just adding an ecu is not all it takes to start the car.

Modified by Boostage at 12:07 PM 10/20/2006
Old 10-20-2006, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a little story thats kinda funny but messed up

Someone Stole my friends car a while ago ( when he lived in texas)

and he moved here and he was in Seaside heights here in jersey, and someone tried to steal/ or break into his car again, but they didnt succeed..

So i was like get a removable steering wheel, and he did,

And a few weeks later, someone broke the window, and stole the steering wheel and hub..
Old 10-20-2006, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Build a garage.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't care if I come off like an ******* for saying this.

Though if some car thief wanted to know how you protect your car... bring a chipped ECU runnin a basemap program and becareful b/c he has an alarm and a killswitch or two..

Damn bro, becareful of how much information you're throwing around...
Old 10-20-2006, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't care if I come off like an ******* for saying this.

Though if some car thief wanted to know how you protect your car... bring a chipped ECU runnin a basemap program and becareful b/c he has an alarm and a killswitch or two..

Damn bro, becareful of how much information you're throwing around...</TD></TR></TABLE>

He has a good point, you could be posting to the theves now. (not me of course)
Old 10-20-2006, 06:24 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have an alpha lock on the wheel now. they wont be pushing anything. and Im going to make sure just adding an ecu is not all it takes to start the car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you have locking lug nuts too? Cuz they can just bring their own wheel and remove yours.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Someone tried to steal my turbo civic (TorquelessB16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TorquelessB16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you have locking lug nuts too? Cuz they can just bring their own wheel and remove yours. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes I do.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry no pics, but looks like they pryed the windows and unlocked it.. no scratches left, only finger prints and some white dusty crap.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Did the cops get the prints?
Old 10-20-2006, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eaglekper0046)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eaglekper0046 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did the cops get the prints?</TD></TR></TABLE>
No the cops can suck my dick. they said no crime occured and they wont do anything. they white dusty **** was cigrarette ash, some of it was inside the door too, they asked if I smoke, i told them no. I said what about the fingerprints, they said, its not a crime for someone to lean on the car. and I probably left the door open and if someone really wanted to steal it they would have started it... EVEN WITHOUT THE COMPUTER.. u know , because a ******* car can start without an ecu..

I did not leave my doors unlocked, hell its not possible to lock one door. both sides are locked at the same time. they wont take prints becaus enothing was missing from the car.

Old 10-20-2006, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The white dust is from latex gloves more than likely so you won't have prints. Lazy cops.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nsxmatt)

Old 10-20-2006, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow its kinda sad the lengths we have to go to. i mean come on cant some one have somthing nice without another person stealing the ****. this is what makes me crazy so i never drive my civic to the mall the theater or some were it will sit out in an open place for long with out cameras and what not i have allso kicked my dads mini out of the grage to protect my beast

but its a damn shame about thifes and cops not doing **** about it i bet if it was an muscle car they would of been all over it damn pigs

hope your car stays safe
Old 10-20-2006, 08:05 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry no pics, but looks like they pryed the windows and unlocked it.. no scratches left, only finger prints and some white dusty crap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i bet it was some crackhead
Old 10-20-2006, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

two way pager, back up battery, hood pin, motion sensor, starter kill, fuel cutoff, pizzo siren, and hook alarm to horn. then let someone take ur ish... as long as ur installer hides' the brainwell and u can trust him not to steal ur car from u.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (perseverance)

wow theives are hitting hard this month .
Old 10-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cops suck when it comes to stolen cars. they found my car in a ditch twice, and when i drove out to pick it up i asked the cop if they were going to do anything and his response was "cars get stolen in lane county everyday, we can't do anything about it" There was no investigation, and about a month later as soon as I got my car back up and running, it got stolen again. Cops will give you speeding tickets, but have no intrest in finding real criminals, like car theives.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nsxmatt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The white dust is from latex gloves more than likely so you won't have prints. Lazy cops.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Quick Reply: Someone tried to steal my turbo civic