Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

some real questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: fountain inn, sc. where they still rock banjos on porches, usa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some real questions

hi i'm new to this site, well i have several question and if you say “read on before asking question” i've been reading for the last several months dealing w/alot of these gay guy on these site asking the most dumdest question which are very common sense.....

first question/comment:
i have a 95 civic coupe d15b7 engine in it..... i've brought a d16a6 cam w/sprocket. now i'm in the process of buying a zc cam... i understand all the blah, blah that goes with upgrading you cam.(and there not a better sound than a car w/upgrade cams.)the question is: what stock cam sprocket can i put on these cams without having to buy an adjustable cam sprocket... hence not have to play around in adjusting all the 1 tooth/1/2 tooth (4:75) adjustment. in sense of taking it apart, putting it back together, having it tdc and driving. since mostly every Honda/Acura are inner changeable and i'm not into the whole 1/4 more into endurance racing.

question/comment two:
i bought a d16z6 engine to built.... where do i start... i hang out w/a lot of dsm'er http://www.v8smokers.com... and hanging out with them i learn alot... for starters i'm re-sleeving, new rods, piston heads 9:1 comp... a new cam 242 duration, springs, retainers, a t3 super 60 and blah, blah blah.... like you haven't heard. these statements before. the question is: if i re-sleeve my engine how much boost can i go? and if you can answer that, what if i re-sleeve and block post my engine how much can i go? But that depending in how much power I want. I’m not sure quiet yet. That’s why I’m asking. Also I’ve readed that a stock d15b7 crank can go hold up to 600hp, not that my engine will see that in the real world.

third question/comment:
this question is more direct toward mista bones… k, I’ve readed a lot of your posts. And I understand what you’ve post, hands down to you. But I like the hybrid tranny, the only problems is LSD. Now since we know that ex/si, zc and dx are inner changeable. LSD are made for ex/si trannys, but you’re saying if I hybrid my dx tranny I will be able to put an lsd in to it or do I need an ex/si tranny. Which in hence where can I get my tranny hybrid since I own a ex, dx tranny and trying to by a zc tranny.

as for suspension that's what i'm know in the ‘hood for banking 25mph corner at 55-60... and not sliding...
so no matter how much power you have w/o a proper supension your car is still is poo.

oh and yes i own two 95 civic coupe... the one i drive around has the d15b7 and the other one, thats in the garage strip for the next year or so.that will have the d16z6 engine both dx no a/c..... as for what I’m going for? Easy answer: weight/power ratio. And you say hatchback yes it’s true I’ve owned two hatchback. They’re great for ¼ mile, but the coupe are more corner friendly in the sense of banking quick. It a very different feeling and movement. And why a d15b7 and a d16z6? well the d15b7 is my daily driver and i want a little push. But the d16z6 is my baby and why not I’m bored. Don’t say the b-engine word, it’s a weight thang’. Everything is mathematical I should know i’m an accountant. All I need is the numbers and equation, everything is base on numbers. As long as you know the numbers you know you limit…
so if i sound arragont i'm not it's i've been reading for so long on all these web page to hear all these girls ask the same *** question... don't hate me cause my car is flat black painted from the shop (not krylon) and on the wind shield it says "PURE BITTER HATRED" just hate me cause I’m asking real questions.
later...
remo
Old 09-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: fountain inn, sc. where they still rock banjos on porches, usa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: some real questions (remoer)

I WANTED TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THE QUICK REPLYS I GOT.... AT D-SERIES.ORG.... NEVER MIND.... MY QUESTION WE'RE ANSWER.