Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Some problems need some people to clarify some stuff for me ASAP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some problems need some people to clarify some stuff for me ASAP!!!!

Ok all this is my first project car, decided to go with a eg civic hatch with a gsr motor... I bought hasport mounts for the car and had my buddy in cali hang the motor with those mounts...

The car is going to get repainted in the engine bay, inside of the car and the two doors so it was pointless to do all the work and then me have to redo it again...

heres what I need help with!!!!!

The car was picked up from cali and is going to be delivered to Va, with that said a hung motor and all. Axles are out of it and bumper is off and in the car..... After a 100 miles of driving the truck driver calls me saying that the motor just dropped to the ground and is sitting on the bed of the truck... Really dont know how this happened myself Im wondering what I have to look forward to when it gets here??

Is my motor ****ed?? Is it gonna be ok?? Just someone tell me the honest truth and hopefully reassure me for what im going to see in a couple days??
Old 06-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Some problems need some people to clarify some stuff for me ASAP!!!!

it couldnt have possibly fell that far down, but i mean who knows...
Old 06-26-2009, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Some problems need some people to clarify some stuff for me ASAP!!!!

well what im worried about is the holes in the motor for the bolts being stripped now or ruined because of it falling down a little ways.... Idk im assuming the car wasnt all that secure considering the situation but I hope I am ok
Old 06-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

look to see where the impact of the fall is. its really all you can do. some threads on your mounts might be scuffed up a bit but they are exchanagble and buyable studs. or you can take some time and file the threads.

....what i would be concerned about is the oil pan or any cracks to the tranny. if he oil pan is dented pretty good it could rub against your crankshaft when it rotates.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2fastss
Ok all this is my first project car, decided to go with a eg civic hatch with a gsr motor... I bought hasport mounts for the car and had my buddy in cali hang the motor with those mounts...

The car is going to get repainted in the engine bay, inside of the car and the two doors so it was pointless to do all the work and then me have to redo it again...

heres what I need help with!!!!!

The car was picked up from cali and is going to be delivered to Va, with that said a hung motor and all. Axles are out of it and bumper is off and in the car..... After a 100 miles of driving the truck driver calls me saying that the motor just dropped to the ground and is sitting on the bed of the truck... Really dont know how this happened myself Im wondering what I have to look forward to when it gets here??

Is my motor ****ed?? Is it gonna be ok?? Just someone tell me the honest truth and hopefully reassure me for what im going to see in a couple days??
Quoted for posterity...
Old 07-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like your buddy forgot to bolt it down lol....

let us know what it looks like when it arrives... with PICS please!!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if it was driver error (going off road with your car on the back) then his insurance should pay for it.....just a thought.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by H23_del_soul
if it was driver error (going off road with your car on the back) then his insurance should pay for it.....just a thought.

thats great and all but they would never admit it was the tow truck drivers fault
Old 07-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Post was quoted because he sold that motor to me and told me it was "mint". Never told me about all the broken ****. And now he won't man up and do the right thing.

The oil pan is caved in. I won't know about the pick up until I pull the pan off. The front tranny bracket is broken as well as the valve timing oil pressure switch...

I was aware of other broken and missing pieces and we adjusted the price accordingly. This stuff was on the bottom of the motor which was sitting on a tire. So it couldn't be seen. He said the motor was mint. No where near it, "bud"...

Bad seller, dishonest.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by WhiteSTi
Post was quoted because he sold that motor to me and told me it was "mint". Never told me about all the broken ****. And now he won't man up and do the right thing.

The oil pan is caved in. I won't know about the pick up until I pull the pan off. The front tranny bracket is broken as well as the valve timing oil pressure switch...

I was aware of other broken and missing pieces and we adjusted the price accordingly. This stuff was on the bottom of the motor which was sitting on a tire. So it couldn't be seen. He said the motor was mint. No where near it, "bud"...

Bad seller, dishonest.
See this is the type of **** I love, I told you right when you arrived at my house after you took off my valve cover, looked at the cam gears, all the sensors, spark plugs, vtech, so forth I said do you want me to lift the motor up so you can look closer and you said no?

So now you come on here trying to bash me when you put this ****ing motor into the back of a hatch as is and you wonder why **** got broken on it?? it was propped up on damn bricks how do you expect **** not to break??

So lets clarify this again, I sold you a motor for 1400 bucks, never did I say mint, I said runs good look at my thread to prove it if you dont believe me and also... You shoulda read the fine print MOTOR SOLD AS IS.... THIS IS EXACTLY WHY YOU LOOKED IT OVER SO METICULOUSLY.. But for some reason you didnt care to look at the bottom of the motor, and from my regards it was fine when I had it... How do I know it wasnt your transport that broke the **** off the oil pan??

BTW if you want, Ill give you the guy who picked up my cars number from california and he ll even tell you that the motor didnt drop that he was mistaken, what happened was when he was in transit he thought it fell because the car was propped up on the upper deck

Anyway have a nice day
Old 07-30-2009, 04:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

See this is the type of **** I love, I told you right when you arrived at my house after you took off my valve cover, looked at the cam gears, all the sensors, spark plugs, vtech, so forth I said do you want me to lift the motor up so you can look closer and you said no?

So now you come on here trying to bash me when you put this ****ing motor into the back of a hatch as is and you wonder why **** got broken on it?? it was propped up on damn bricks how do you expect **** not to break??

So lets clarify this again, I sold you a motor for 1400 bucks, never did I say mint, I said runs good look at my thread to prove it if you dont believe me and also... You shoulda read the fine print MOTOR SOLD AS IS.... THIS IS EXACTLY WHY YOU LOOKED IT OVER SO METICULOUSLY.. But for some reason you didnt care to look at the bottom of the motor, and from my regards it was fine when I had it... How do I know it wasnt your transport that broke the **** off the oil pan??

BTW if you want, Ill give you the guy who picked up my cars number from california and he ll even tell you that the motor didnt drop that he was mistaken, what happened was when he was in transit he thought it fell because the car was propped up on the upper deck

Anyway have a nice day
God forbid that I actually take someone for their word. You said the motor was "mint", So, yeah, I probably should have make you lift the motor to see underneath. And yes, I still have the texts where you said it was "Mint". Trying to lie about that too? Either way the motor is not what you said it was. You lied and deceived me. The motor didn't move on the whole way back to my house. And I know damn well the pan isn't going to crush flat and rust on a 3.5 hour drive. The pan and bracket damage was from it falling like you said earlier in this thread. Either way, you're dishonest and what goes around comes around. Good luck in Motown!!! ;-)
Old 07-30-2009, 04:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wtf just happened? did this motor that fell get sold? and someone ripped off?
Old 07-30-2009, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MHDesigns
Yeah, it was sold to me. I was told this motor was mint. I know it's going to cost me over $400 to replace all the broken and missing parts on this motor, unless i'm able to find everything used...
Old 07-30-2009, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MHDesigns
no one got ripped off... You actually got a good ****ing deal he paid 1400 dollars for a complete swap, tranny, block, head, all wiring, ecu... And hes trying to feed you some bullshit

My point is like I said and like whitesti should know is that I havent looked under the motor, it was in my shed for a month and a half till I decided to sell it and I pulled it out the day he wanted it...

Thing is that this motor was priced accordingly, it was mint for what it was like I told him and what I knew of it... Considering that I had the motor running and all... You can sell the whole motor tear it apart and piece it out and get more than your money back

No reason to even argue about this stupid ****, the oil pan isnt even ****ed up considering they can take some abuse, and the bracket is what another 20 bucks?? I gave him 150 dollars off the damn motor anyway
Old 07-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

also like I said in a earlier post I can have the driver of the shipping company prove that this motor never fell
Old 07-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

also like I said in a earlier post I can have the driver of the shipping company prove that this motor never fell
Yeah, like he would admit that the motor fell. The damage would be on him. That's like the kid working at McDonald's admitting that the burger fell on the floor and he put in on the bun anyway.....

The point is, all this **** was damaged. It didn't happen in it's transport in the back of a civic hatch. The motor didn't move. What basically happened is that you lied about the condition of the motor and, basically, I got screwed.... So now i'm going to have to dump a bunch of cash into a motor that I was told was "mint" just to be able install the damn thing and have it running. Ok, bud?
Old 07-30-2009, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what you cant comment on my prior post?? Ur selling the god damn tranny for 550 bucks or trying to you got a motor for the price of basically a head and a block...
Old 07-30-2009, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

people on this site are just selling blocks for 1700 bucks, so please let me spare you the sympathy because you came with a low balling figure in your head and now your bitching
Old 07-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You sold me junk, PERIOD. I'm done with this. Like I said earlier, what comes around goes around...
Old 07-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yup i sold you junk then why dont you just part the motor out then?? and make your money back?? Like a little damn girl, always putting someone elses problems on their shoulders, You had every intention to walk away, you also had every intention to look over the motor... This is my first god damn honda and my first motor swapped car PERIOD....

so for some reason you expect me to know what looks bad and what looks good right?? Which I also told you when you were here I said that this is my first car of this sort so I really dont know what to look for when or if something is wrong...

and now you complain and bicker because you didnt do the looking over like you should of, plain and simple your the one who ****ed up not me... I dont even no the difference between most of these damn motors and what even goes on them, your the one who wanted it you never had to buy it.....
Old 07-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

post pictures of the pan?