Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

so i locked my keys in my car.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so i locked my keys in my car.....

so i was drinking the other night and went in my car to get something and ended up locking my keys inside. problem is, when my parents remodeled there house they lost my spare i had. does anybody have and suggestions? i dont want to have to pay a locksmith $75 just to get inside. its a 95 civic ex
Old 12-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: so i locked my keys in my car..... (bmw626)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bmw626 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i was drinking the other night and went in my car to get something and ended up locking my keys inside. problem is, when my parents remodeled there house they lost my spare i had. does anybody have and suggestions? i dont want to have to pay a locksmith $75 just to get inside. its a 95 civic ex</TD></TR></TABLE>

Break in. You can do it without damaging anything (or so I hear) but I wouldn't know how to do that (so?) and it wouldn't be better off in this forum. Somebody can PM you details.

BTW: How the expletive did you lock your keys in your '95 EX? I have a '95 EX and when the door is open, you can't manually close the lock, and the auto-locks don't work for the driver's door when it's open.

So I'm really curious to know...

Also, you can go to a Honda dealership with your VIN # (which is on your title, bring that), registration, and driver's license. They can cut you a new key there, how much the price is, I don't know - but you need a spare anyway.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My keys for my coupe open and start my buddys coupe you should look for someone with the same car as you lol
Old 12-19-2006, 01:47 PM

Default Re: so i locked my keys in my car..... (Yellowone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Break in. You can do it without damaging anything (or so I hear) but I wouldn't know how to do that (so?) and it wouldn't be better off in this forum. Somebody can PM you details.

BTW: How the expletive did you lock your keys in your '95 EX? I have a '95 EX and when the door is open, you can't manually close the lock, and the auto-locks don't work for the driver's door when it's open.

Also, you can go to a Honda dealership with your VIN # (which is on your title, bring that), registration, and driver's license. They can cut you a new key there, how much the price is, I don't know - but you need a spare anyway.</TD></TR></TABLE>

idk, i was drunk and went to get my hat out of my backseat or something, i dont really remember. but whenever i lock my doors doors open or closed, i just hit the door lock button and my passenger doors locks, and in order to be able to hit the lock button and have both of them lock, just hold the door handle in the open position and press lock and it locks both of them. cuz i used to have to lock my door with the key on the outside till my asian buddy told me otherwise. if someone knows a way of getting in without damage please PM me, thx.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find someone who has AAA insurance that can get a tow truck driver to come and unlock the door for you
Old 12-19-2006, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: so i locked my keys in my car..... (Em1Kid)

pmd.

ive done this before...and broke into my own car...its easy as cake.

however i dont wanna put it on the forums for some asshat to use later to steal someones ****.

even tho they probably all know this trick
Old 12-19-2006, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: so i locked my keys in my car..... (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Break in. You can do it without damaging anything (or so I hear) but I wouldn't know how to do that (so?) and it wouldn't be better off in this forum. Somebody can PM you details.

Also, you can go to a Honda dealership with your VIN # (which is on your title, bring that), registration, and driver's license. They can cut you a new key there, how much the price is, I don't know - but you need a spare anyway.</TD></TR></TABLE>

when the door is open, lift the door handle, and at the same time press the power lock that locks all the doors. i do this all the time so i dont have to waste time locking the damn door. ive locked my keys inside like this before though -__-'
Old 12-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: so i locked my keys in my car..... (EG8AI)

All you need is a butterknife. You can peel the glass back on civics pretty simple and it wont break. Pry it out around the molding on the edges and little by little bend it back, far enough so you can stick your hand in and unlock it. This is why i was pissesd when someone smashed my rear window to steal my radio. They could have easily just peeled the glass back and and saved me 200 dollars.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:47 PM
KOBE IS GOD

Default Re: so i locked my keys in my car..... (95ProjectEJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95ProjectEJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All you need is a butterknife. You can peel the glass back on civics pretty simple and it wont break. Pry it out around the molding on the edges and little by little bend it back, far enough so you can stick your hand in and unlock it. This is why i was pissesd when someone smashed my rear window to steal my radio. They could have easily just peeled the glass back and and saved me 200 dollars. </TD></TR></TABLE>

some dude tried to do that on my car and I found my window tabs on the floor. I had disables my door locks from the inside
Old 12-19-2006, 02:53 PM

Default Re: so i locked my keys in my car..... (KB24)

Man have you boosted a honda before lol............ yea but you are right this is all you need to do is pull the window back slow and gentle and walla.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG8AI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

when the door is open, lift the door handle, and at the same time press the power lock that locks all the doors. i do this all the time so i dont have to waste time locking the damn door. ive locked my keys inside like this before though -__-'
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha, thanks, I did not know that.

I always locked it with the key.

Learn something new everyday.

Though locking it with the key assures the fact that the key is indeed outside the car O.O.

So **** like that don't happen.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

find another 92-95 civic key, or go to the dealer, or break in with a coat hangar(power locks?)
Old 12-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My honda key has unlocked 8 different hondas before. I **** you not, even at a dyno day here in ATL not too long ago someone locked their keys in their car and I just so happened to be able to unlock his door for him.

So just find someone with another key and hope it works.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:15 PM

Default Re: (Max Kling)

got it

its apparent my brother doesn't know howto take pics for ****

and its apparent that i am pathetic for having him take pics of it.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this thread is not a good idea since there are tons of thiefs looking at it`
Old 12-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: so i locked my keys in my car..... (Yellowone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Yellowone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My keys for my coupe open and start my buddys coupe you should look for someone with the same car as you lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you kidding me? How is that possible?

Old 12-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: so i locked my keys in my car..... (rleonekc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rleonekc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Are you kidding me? How is that possible?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

There's a certain ratio of similar keys on most any car make. You can only make the same key different so many times. After you've made 20,000 hondas with matching keys, how are each and every one going to be completely different?

It's like 1:150 or something like that I think. Don't quote me on that.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (civhatch90)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civhatch90 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this thread is not a good idea since there are tons of thiefs looking at it` </TD></TR></TABLE>

Trust me, any thieves that are looking at it already know how to break into a Honda.

Not exactly rocket science material.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im sure they do, so why not leave your car unlocked?
Old 12-19-2006, 07:24 PM

Default Re: (civhatch90)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civhatch90 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im sure they do, so why not leave your car unlocked?</TD></TR></TABLE>
duh so they can smash the window and we can pay for a new one... geeze lol
Old 12-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: so i locked my keys in my car..... (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There's a certain ratio of similar keys on most any car make. You can only make the same key different so many times. After you've made 20,000 hondas with matching keys, how are each and every one going to be completely different?

It's like 1:150 or something like that I think. Don't quote me on that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont think its necessarily that only. it can be from how your honda key wears down so it isnt as "sharp" as you once had it. basically, you can see the key as being more blunt on the edges after having the car for 10 years. i have a 95 and my key sure is hell is blunt and can open my friends cars; not necessarily ignition, but with the right tug and movement with the key i can basically open my friends' cars

just my 2cents.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG8AI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i dont think its necessarily that only. it can be from how your honda key wears down so it isnt as "sharp" as you once had it. basically, you can see the key as being more blunt on the edges after having the car for 10 years. i have a 95 and my key sure is hell is blunt and can open my friends cars; not necessarily ignition, but with the right tug and movement with the key i can basically open my friends' cars

just my 2cents.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

This man speaks the truth, and that is exactly how opening other Hondas/Cars is possible.

My old integra key opened my buddys g/f's Integra. It wouldnt start it, but it did open the doors and hatch.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:24 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bmw626 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i was drinking the other night and went in my car to get something and ended up locking my keys inside. problem is, when my parents remodeled there house they lost my spare i had. does anybody have and suggestions? i dont want to have to pay a locksmith $75 just to get inside. its a 95 civic ex</TD></TR></TABLE>

Off topic, but was it you that had all those minime problems a little over a year ago? How did that ever work out for you, is everything all straightened out? I lost touch with the thread a while ago and never got to see how it ended.

Probably should have PM'd you since it's off topic...but what the hell.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so does every Civic (or at least the ones with power locks) have to have the driver door handle pulled out to lock it if the door is open? My 95 EX did the same thing. Hell even my 96 CX does it but according the previous owner, it had power door locks added in with a remote entry/alarm system, which me and my bro pitched cause it was too sensitive.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:27 PM

Default Re: so i locked my keys in my car..... (Techy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Techy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so does every Civic (or at least the ones with power locks) have to have the driver door handle pulled out to lock it if the door is open? My 95 EX did the same thing. Hell even my 96 CX does it but according the previous owner, it had power door locks added in with a remote entry/alarm system, which me and my bro pitched cause it was too sensitive.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not 100 percent about EGs, but my 99 dx hatch is exactly like that.

Quick Reply: so i locked my keys in my car.....