Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

So Cal USDM motor swaps

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Cal USDM motor swaps

hey guys, tried searching this under Socal motorswaps but all the links I could find were for JDM engines. I was thinking is a 99-00 B16 US SI motor or a B18 GSR motor would be cheaper? Also my dad is **** retentive so he has misconceptions of engine swaps and no matter how much arguing and persuasion he is still stubborn. luckily there is a knockign sound that is most likely a loose rod or so. So he said I should look for a new motor a stock motor. So whats more stock thatn US SI B16? plus I was thinking a US SI motor swap would be legal with the cops.

so where in So Cal can I get a US motor swap. thanks
Old 06-19-2004, 07:58 PM
Trial User

Default Re: So Cal USDM motor swaps (Solscud007)

hmm...i'm in the same boat. considering either a b16a2 or b18c1 swap myself. Nick, are you going to be doing the swap yourself, and asking where you can get a motor? Or would you be having a shop do the swap?

Going with that, do shops help you aquire the engine and give you an out the door price for the swap? Or would you have to locate a motor yourself, and all the shop does is strictly swap motors?
Old 06-19-2004, 09:01 PM

Default Re: So Cal USDM motor swaps (aZnjCC)

Anything your year or newer shouldnt be an issue smog wise.

If you're trying to stay stock as possible, but more power, try a B18C1 or C5. Even though B16A2's are way cheaper and are said to put out 160HP stock, C1 is a little more hp & the C5 a little more hp than the C1. Check This Site out. THat will help get you a price range. Do A LOT of shopping around. A LOT. Just to lessen the chance of you getting motor with problems.

Check Here

Check Here

Check the classifieds on sites like: Check Here.

Another Place

So Cal FS/WTB

Check Here Too For The Hell Of It

Check out those sites & Google Search for others too because there are some who either upgraded their motor & are selling the stock one, or parting out a wreck, or just want something different. There are alot of places in So Cal that sell motors. And there are a lot of people in here that have posted experiences that will help you in your decision.

Hope things go smoothly.

BTW. I hope my links up there are cool, if not, let me know. Just trying to help a brotha out.