Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

? for smog techs

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? for smog techs

i got someone trying to smog a RHD 97 prelude. it's not a RHD conversion its straight from japan. can i smog the car as a kit car or does he have to go to the state ref. the car also doesn't have a odb2 connector? never tried to smog one of these so any help would be great, thanks.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: ? for smog techs (silentbeatz)

Being a smog tech you could basically do whatever you want. If you want to smog him smog him. If you dont then dont. If you really were a smog tech working in a smog station you would know to call the B.A.R. and they will tell you what to do instead of going to an online message board.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ? for smog techs (silentbeatz)

For a smogtech to smog it the car has to either be a California emissions certified, or a Federal emissions certified vehicle. Plain and simple. There should be a sticker under the hood that states this. However if this sticker is removed we have to use the spec's from our books. Which don't match all the time.

For this car to be registered in the states it has to be brought up to either of these standards to pass the referee.

Send them to the referee! Could be a BAR rep!
Old 06-11-2008, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ? for smog techs (Luserkid)

yes, i'm a smog tech in a real smog station( i don't know why there would be fake smog stations). no i don't want to call bar because 1: i'll be put on hold for 30 minutes, 2: the operator doesn't know what they're talkin about half the time. one time, i called the bar to make some changes in my license. the operator assured me that i didn't have to close the station after i made the changes. it turned out that i got locked out for 3.5 days and probably took a loss of $2000. so i rather turn to these online boards and get help from people with experience.