Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Slight problem after engine swap HELP PLEASE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 12:31 PM
wez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slight problem after engine swap HELP PLEASE!!!!

just put a vei engine block in my vti, the intake and all electrics etc are being used from the vti, the only thing i changed on the vti is the vtec-e engine block i put in.

I've got a problem now where there seems to be quite abit of blue smoke coming out of the exhaust and it idles eratically. Also if i rev upto about 4000 revs and let off the throttle it sticks at around 2500 then after a couple of seconds returns to normal.

i think the problem maybe too much fuel for the vei to get rid of. the vti intake i used was larger than the vtec-e engine block originally had so thought maybe the block cant use the petrol the intake and injectors are feeding it quick enough. Not sure if this happens but just a thought.

I alos fitted some new iridium plugs that had a slightly bigger gap than the standard plugs and thought maybe the guy who sold me them had given me the wrong ones. Are the iridium plugs supposed to have a slightly bigger gap???

cheers in advance for your help
Old 04-19-2006, 02:21 PM
wez

Default Re: Slight problem after engine swap HELP PLEASE!!!! (wez)

somone help please im really stuck here, i just need to know if i have done sometyhing wrong or if its a fault.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:59 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just put a vei engine block in my vti, the intake and all electrics etc are being used from the vti, the only thing i changed on the vti is the vtec-e engine block i put in.

I've got a problem now where there seems to be quite abit of blue smoke coming out of the exhaust and it idles eratically. Also if i rev upto about 4000 revs and let off the throttle it sticks at around 2500 then after a couple of seconds returns to normal.

i think the problem maybe too much fuel for the vei to get rid of. the vti intake i used was larger than the vtec-e engine block originally had so thought maybe the block cant use the petrol the intake and injectors are feeding it quick enough. Not sure if this happens but just a thought.

I alos fitted some new iridium plugs that had a slightly bigger gap than the standard plugs and thought maybe the guy who sold me them had given me the wrong ones. Are the iridium plugs supposed to have a slightly bigger gap???

cheers in advance for your help</TD></TR></TABLE>

blue smoke that sounds like the engine is burning oil. u should test to see if it's the rings or the head tha'ts burning it. bummer for u.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:57 AM
wez

the blue smoke as stopped, and so as the eratic idleing, but there isn't as much power as there were before had, seems to be running too rich.