Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

skunk 2 intake manifold questions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default skunk 2 intake manifold questions.

i have a gsr head and type r manifold, and i just figured out that that wont work... so i'm buying as skunk 2 manifold. Will the type R TB and fuel rail bolt up to the manifold?need to know, so i can order it and get this project on the road again. any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:04 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: skunk 2 intake manifold questions. (boosh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a gsr head and type r manifold, and i just figured out that that wont work... so i'm buying as skunk 2 manifold. Will the type R TB and fuel rail bolt up to the manifold?need to know, so i can order it and get this project on the road again. any help would be appreciated.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes. maybe not the fuel rail. but the Tb will. the fuel rails are the same for the GSR and ITR except for the fitting orientation for the line. since im assuming you're still using a GSR fuel line from the filter, I believe it would be easier to just use the GSR rail with the ITR TB and an ITR or LS throttle bracket with an ITR throttle cable.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: skunk 2 intake manifold questions. (B serious)

well the thing is, i have all type R stuff... i replaced the blown head with a gsr head. so i would need a gsr fuel rail and IM but the rest of the type r stuff would fit?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:16 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well the thing is, i have all type R stuff... i replaced the blown head with a gsr head. so i would need a gsr fuel rail and IM but the rest of the type r stuff would fit?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well what chassis is this? ITR or GSR? is your prior fuel line and rail from an ITR or from a GSR?
Old 09-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: skunk 2 intake manifold questions. (B serious)

this is in a civic... the fuel rail is type r, i'm not sure if the fuel line is civic or type r. i didnt do the swap.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:56 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is in a civic... the fuel rail is type r, i'm not sure if the fuel line is civic or type r. i didnt do the swap.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh. just use the ITR rail, then. If it fit before, it will fit now. The fuel line is the part that gives you problems. The orientations are different for certain cars.