Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Skookem is a scammer.. BEWARE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skookem is a scammer.. BEWARE!!!

SOLD THIS GUY SOMETHING AND GOT IT. AND DID A CHARGEBACK THROUGH PAYPAL! HEADS UP, DONT EVER BY FROM THIS GUY. HE KNOWS HOW TO SCAM. BUT LUCKY FOR HIM IM LOCAL AND HES GOING TO HAVE FUN PAYING MY COMPANIES LAWYER FOR TAKING HIM TO COURT.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Skookem is a scammer.. BEWARE!!! (JapanRaceCircuit)

Thats a great review.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:14 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Skookem is a scammer.. BEWARE!!! (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats a great review. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Skookem is a scammer.. BEWARE!!! (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats a great review. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol!
Old 01-25-2006, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Skookem is a scammer.. BEWARE!!! (litterbox)

haha come again?
Old 01-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Skookem is a scammer.. BEWARE!!! (KoLRaNcH)

i think what they are trying to say is:

lil more detail please
Old 01-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Skookem is a scammer.. BEWARE!!! (FERIOkid)

i think the caps lock is hurting your case....even thogh you may be creamins as you typing it...we're not screaming while we are reading it
Old 01-25-2006, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Skookem is a scammer.. BEWARE!!! (Sleepy_Red_hatch)

IT ISN'T JUST CAPS LOCK, BUT ALSO HE DOESN'T GO INTO ANY DETAIL...
Old 01-25-2006, 12:46 PM

sorry. i sold him a hks camp system with lcd. i sent it out like 10 days after payment was recieved and left out a cable. he emailed me saying he got it and there was a cable left out, i apologized and sent it out right away. as soon as he got the cable that was shipped he did a chargeback saying he got nothing. Obviously thats a lie since he told me the cable was left out of the box.
So hes a scammer, plain and simple, theres no way he can lie and say its not true. simple fact is i mailed his stuff out, he got it, lied and said he didnt.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (JapanRaceCircuit)

Is this even from H-T? How did you sell something if you just signed up?
Old 01-25-2006, 12:55 PM

Default Re: (Luserkid)

i was but somehow i got banned out of nowhere and my threads were deleted.. its kinda fishy
Old 01-25-2006, 01:02 PM

Conspiracy?
Old 01-25-2006, 01:19 PM

Default Re: (d15singlecammer)

Old 01-25-2006, 03:28 PM

Default Re: (97spooncivic)

heres my email
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i think its funny i hook you up and sell you my hks camp and as soon as you get it you do a credit card chargeback, well i have proof you recieved it, 2 emails with conversations about you recieving it, and 2 tracking numbers to proove it. You messed up by trying to scam me, because you paid your payment to my works paypal account which is a corperation, and they automatically send all fraud to thier legal department and they will take you to court and sue you for it. Your also in california and will be sopeanaed to court in southern california, and will also be sued for all legal fees for pursueing this case in court. I hope the $250 scam was worth having to pay $2000.00 in lawyer fees. </TD></TR></TABLE>

and his reply

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Good luck. The product you have sent me is defective and i think you know that. As soon as i installed i the screen flickered and things were never set up correctly. Its nice to hear from you when i finally take action, but when i was trying to get the product from you over the months time, i never received a response</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont know what he did, but everyone knows that an lcd screen needs exactly 12 volts to work. maybe he was trying to set it up with his car offf and it wasnt at 12 volts, or wired it up wrong. thats not my problem. i tested it before i sent it and it worked fine. as it should for being hardly used.
and he said he waited a month for it? the tracking number was from ups
1za2327f0341608288
and this is for the cord that was missing. he didnt tell me it was missing till like 2-3 weeks after he got the package. so i had to go find a replacement cord to mail him, but i apologized and sent it. ups tracking #
1za2327f0340039145

so anyone who has used lcd screens know they flicker and dont work if they dont get the voltage/power they require.
if he would have started his car so the voltage would up up to atleast 12v hed have realized this. but he tried to pull a scam. the hks camp alone is worth more than 250$ and hes scammign me cause he cant figure out how to hook up an lcd screen..
Old 01-25-2006, 04:00 PM

Hey all, this is skookem.
heres my side of the story... ill let you be the judge.

I wanted to come down to socal to pick it up and he said he would meet up, but at the last minuet he said he was going out of town. This was fine so i just arranged to paypal the money and ship the item. I purchased the unit from him and right after payment i never got a response. Then i waited about a week for a response but never got any. He wouldn’t answer his AIM, email, or HT. I then finally got a tracking number some time later and he blamed his secretary for the delay. I didn’t really care about the delay because my car wasn’t running but after i finally received the package, it wasn’t like the pictures he provided. There was just the raw unit without instructions and the tv screen. The wiring harness was all cut up messy and he really looked like he just threw everything in a box and shipped it. I looked at all the stuff and i was missing a list of things. These being the installation instructions, the power supply for the car, packaging. It took me a week or so to finally get a hold of him and tell him what i was missing. I finally contacted him though AIM and he said he was in a rush to send everything out and hell make the other shipment with the remaining parts the next day. Well i waited 2 weeks and never got even a tracking number. When i AIMed him he never responded. I filed a claim with paypal letting them know what happened. The claim was filed to let paypal know what happened and put a negative rating on his account, not to receive a refund. The associate i later talked on the phone to, said that it would go thought a refund procedure because in a case where you don’t receive the full product, you we eligible for a refund. After more days later, i finally get a hold of him again. I told him that i never received anything and he again blamed it on his secretary. I was patient and he offered to go to radio shack and purchase the exact same wiring power kit he used. Then finally as promised, i received a tracking number the next day and some time later received the package. The funny thing was it was opened out of the packaging. I let paypal know what happened but the case was already closed. The case will be re-reviewed and noted. After i hooked up the power source, the screen flickers on the right side and mixes colors. That’s not from insufficient power. I could hook up a multimeter and show everyone. Installation was done properly, im sure. Has anyone ever pressed their laptop screen and it mixes colors? it kind of looks like that. This may be because of the packaging it was originally sent in, or maybe it was like that before, i have no idea.

So basically heres a summary.
I didn’t received the full product till about 1.5 months later.
I never received the item pictured.
The screen doesn’t display picture like it should.
I didn’t tell him the power supply was missing until 2-3 weeks later because i couldn’t get a hold of him until them. Emails, HT IMs and AIM IMs were sent with no reply.

He also didnt show you the two emails he sent me after where he continues to yell and harass me as he continues to do in this post, but i would waste my time posting those up. Ill just let paypal be the judge of it.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:16 PM

Default Re: (Skookem)

sent him his sheit back and call it a day...
Or work something out...
You can't keep both....
Also, you buy used stuff, the judge will say,
sold as is.....
Old 01-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (DC_RaceR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC_RaceR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sent him his sheit back and call it a day...
Or work something out...
You can't keep both....
Also, you buy used stuff, the judge will say,
sold as is..... </TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree... go to small claims court if he doesnt want to either pay you or return the product.

i personally would not except it back because who knows what has been done to it since...(not saying you broke it)

i always protect myself with video proof of everything working did you prior to sending item out?? probably not...

as a seller you have to protect yourself by being able to prove stuff your selling works.

buyer if you can seeing items work prior to buying always makes sense....especially eletronic stuff...

also hopefully the seller was smart enough to have full insurance on the box? this way the items must be returned to the deliver company, then buyer gets refund, and selling keeps payment from buyer.... but obviously something else is going on...

anticipating the possible negative of every transaction, whether it happens or not, protects all people involved in any transaction.

Old 01-25-2006, 04:27 PM

i told you the hks camp has 4 wires that run from the plug and have to be wired into your car. it might look like a cut harness. but thats the way the unit is. the 4 wires that go to the correct wires on your car to display rpm etc. the instructions are like a 2 page file i emailed you. they are easily found online because the unit comes with japanese instructions and even if you got them i doubt you could read them.
the lcd plug i had to go find was the last one i could find and it was most likely a return from radioshack cause the case was stapled shut. its a 10$ piece and i didnt think it would be a problem if it was in a plastic wrapper or not since the unit was sold as used anyway, all that matters is the cord was the correct size. i also threw in another piece that hooked to that to hard wire into your car and not have to plug the lcd into your cigg lighter , i bought that because i felt bad for you waiting a few weeks to get it all installed in your car.
the issue with the lcd flickering i dont know what to say because you never contacted me to tell me there was a problem, and at this poiunt im actually a little skeptical on it not working. but if it was damaged (even tho it was sent in the original box) i could file a claim with ups and replace the screen. that is if the screen is infact damaged.
but it could be install error. when the screen recieves no signal does it go all blue? that would tell you if something was damaged because the whole screen would be blue with no flicker anywhere. also have to make sure it is recieving the proper power.
allim saying is i tested it and it all worked fine when i sent it out, and if you feel the 4 wires on the harness are cut. they are not, but even if they were cut that would be typical of a used unit. there are the wires to run to lcd with rca plugs. then the power wires and ground and the wires to wire into the rpm etc. those dont have plugs because you have to wire them up to where they go like the instructions i sent said to.

i just think its kinda F-ed up you dont say anything and do a chargeback, which is typical of people trying to pull a scam. which took place right after you got the box with the correct cable.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ummmmm, I think you two should go on judge judy or mathis or one of those cats. Hope it all works out.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:51 PM

man this is the best tech i have came across on honda-tech since ive been a member! i thought this was honda <U>TECH</U> not honda <U>B*tch</U>
Old 01-25-2006, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TurboEKcoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboEKcoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">man this is the best tech i have came across on honda-tech since ive been a member! i thought this was honda <U>TECH</U> not honda <U>B*tch</U></TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha
Old 01-25-2006, 07:10 PM

im not trying to bring my issues and cry to everyone else. Things have been handled by Paypal. JapanRaceCircuit is trying call me a scammer and give me a bad name, go ahead. But mayb its because you do things like this you were baned in the first place. Give me your address and ill happply send your items back, what good is a broken item anyways.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

judge judy will set you straight, that lady makes me scared just watching it
Old 01-25-2006, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can almost guarantee that the screen was damaged during shipment, especially if it was not packed securely in the box. I work with them day in and day out, so I've seen almost every damage ensued defect you can imagine.

Chances are, if it wasn't secured the LCD screen got tossed around in the box and was damaged. It doesn't need to hit anything to break, it just needs to take a few hard jossles and it's probably useless.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SovXietday)

if the shipping is the culprit, i think the seller should cover all the shipping cost to the buyer and back to the seller. his fault for packing it bad.

Quick Reply: Skookem is a scammer.. BEWARE!!!