Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Sick of high gas prices? We can retaliate and make price gougers PAY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sick of high gas prices? We can retaliate and make price gougers PAY!!!!

I know everyone is sick of high gas prices. I for one, just payed 2.15 for 87 octane. I fill up my tank regularly and pay far too much now.

As you may or may not know, Exxon/Mobil is the largest oil/gasoline producing company in the US...and possibly the world.

Just dont go to their pumps. NO ONE BUY GAS FROM A MOBIL OR EXXON.
This is going to force the leading petroleum company to not only lower their prices, but to cost them billions of dollars. The lowering price of this leading company will then force others to lower their prices to compete. ITS A CHAIN REACTION!! AHAHHAHAHA (I didnt think of this I just got in in an email and I think its hella tyte....please people, dont do the 'dont buy gas for a day' trick that made the gasoline companies laugh.) This will work.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Sick of high gas prices? We can retaliate and make price gougers PAY!!!! (EG CoUpe)

nice try man
the 10 people that will listen to you arent gonna drive the gas prices down.

and this dosent belong in the EG forum.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Sick of high gas prices? We can retaliate and make price gougers PAY!!!! (Kamin)

exxon and mobil is all I use now, I have no need for sunoco 94.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Sick of high gas prices? We can retaliate and make price gougers PAY!!!! (EG CoUpe)

i forgot to add sorry bout the wrong forum. But come on its not that hard to NOT buy gas from a mobil or exxon. They are more expensive anyway. This is gonna get out to a lot more than 10 people....trust me.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:48 PM

and if you really think that different gasoline companies enhance the performance of your car...then pfff!
Old 03-13-2003, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Sick of high gas prices? We can retaliate and make price gougers PAY!!!! (743)

Wow that's expensive! And I thought paying $1.71 for 87 octane was bad!
Old 03-13-2003, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sick of high gas prices? We can retaliate and make price gougers PAY!!!! (Kamin)

Yo! I believe this will work reason being is the word about this is spreading fast! Before I read this I heard about it from two other people today plus received a E-mail about it LETS DO IT if we don't try something we will continue to be raped on gas prices!
Old 03-13-2003, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sick of high gas prices? We can retaliate and make price gougers PAY!!!! (DA MUGEN 1)

Use 76! In california they are advertising that they are no longer adding MTBE in their gas
Old 03-13-2003, 07:52 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Get use to it and learn to live with these prices. They're not going back down. Two years from now and you'll be happy you're paying $2.50/gallon, five years from now and you'll be happy to pay $3.50/gallon. Oil is limited and there's nothing we can do. It's not the oil company's fault. If you're gonna blame anyone, blame the government.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Sick of high gas prices? We can retaliate and make price gougers PAY!!!! (VitaminB20)

BLAMES THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2003, 07:55 PM

Default Sick of high ghey posts? We can retaliate and make tools like me PAY!!!! (EG CoUpe)

Fight Gas Prices

Its been covered. This is old news......

Nice name......EG COUPE....hahaha.....
Old 03-13-2003, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

my uncle is in the liquid transportations business.

there are TREMENDOUS differences between different gas companies... their additive and refinement process' vary GREATLY....

exxon mobile is one of the shitty ones that poorly refined gas and add crap to it...

sunoco and texaco ONLY use their own refined gas... (this was as of 3-4 years ago)

ohh and your idea or not... it's dumb.... if every american in the country stopped using exxon mobile gas they wouldn't go out of business. they sell oil and gas to almost all of their competitors.

the reason they can be semi-legitamatly accused of "price fixing" (which it's not) is because of the influence they have on the market not only as the front runner but as a supplier of fuel and oil stock for other companies to use.

You stop using there stations and they'll just up the prices to the other vendors...

You'll pay in the end.... You really want to get rid of them or make them scared... start a post telling us how to run our cars on soybean oil or McDonalds fry oil.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Sick of high gas prices? We can retaliate and make price gougers PAY!!!! (VitaminB20)

Get use to it and learn to live with these prices. They're not going back down. Two years from now and you'll be happy you're paying $2.50/gallon, five years from now and you'll be happy to pay $3.50/gallon. Oil is limited and there's nothing we can do. It's not the oil company's fault. If you're gonna blame anyone, blame the government.
F*CK THE GOVERNMENT!!! Naw for real though, I really do beleive that its all price gouging. I can remeber when gas was 1.07, but a year before that it was 1.50. Explain that one big guy
Old 03-13-2003, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sick of high gas prices? We can retaliate and make price gougers PAY!!!! (NonovUrbizniz)

P.S. hahahahahaha I filled up with sunoco 94 today for 1.91 a gallon and was kinda pissed it's been 1.70 or under since I moved here.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Sick of high gas prices? We can retaliate and make price gougers PAY!!!! (NonovUrbizniz)

2.06 a gallon for 94 in the good old mid west
Old 03-13-2003, 08:04 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

F*CK THE GOVERNMENT!!! Naw for real though, I really do beleive that its all price gouging. I can remeber when gas was 1.07, but a year before that it was 1.50. Explain that one big guy
Wait and see then. I'm studying geology right now and geologists even says that the resources are too low. Prices are impossible to go back down into the 1.xx price range. I'm just telling you the truth, but I do hope you're right, cuz in that case we'll both win.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Are any of you guys aware that america has the LOWEST gas prices of ANY country?

seriously I really don't like hearing people bitch about the price of gas... if you want price fixing complain about the price of diamonds or something that there actually is an excess of. Gas is a diminishing energy source which we squander on an unparalleled level. and on top of it all we're certainly not doing the environment any good.

Old 03-13-2003, 08:32 PM

Well demand wouln't be so high if everyone drove Hondas. It is all these giant SUVs and pickups that are driving the demand up! My uncle owns 2 Mobil Stations (Selling TOSCO/ConocoPhillips gas), a Sunoco, and an Exxon. These guys are filling up to $50 on gas!

What you might think is a Mobil or Exxon might not be. Due to the merger and the FTC demanding that sites be sold to other refiners. Many sites are just using the brand name like my uncles 2 Mobil stores. TOSCO was an indepenant refiner that sold gas to everyone and then bought most of the stores that ExxonMobul had to sell. There are also many other refiners selling gas to other branded and unbranded outlets. So you never know what you are getting in your tank. Especially if you are far away from a major refinery. Detergents might be different but base gas is gas. They just shoot different detergent formulas for the paticular brand when the tankers are at the loading station. Interesting stuff huh. Believe me it gets more and more confusing. It truly is a commodity that is really affected by daily commidity price shifts. Anyway I digress.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Sick of high gas prices? We can retaliate and make price gougers PAY!!!! (Sivicfied)

Does anyone here really think this will work? I sure as hell don't.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Sick of high gas prices? We can retaliate and make price gougers PAY!!!! (Sivicfied)

Well demand wouln't be so high if everyone drove Hondas. It is all these giant SUVs and pickups that are driving the demand up! My uncle owns 2 Mobil Stations (Selling TOSCO/ConocoPhillips gas), a Sunoco, and an Exxon. These guys are filling up to $50 on gas!
Trudat..
Old 03-13-2003, 09:01 PM
T3
Honda-Tech Member

I spend 15 bux a week..
Old 03-13-2003, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sick of high gas prices? We can retaliate and make price gougers PAY!!!! (T3)

when i read the first post in this thread it started exactly like the chain e mail that was sent a few years back, didnt work back then either. Our gas is still cheap compared to the rest of the world. And sorry it won't change.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:48 PM

$2.29 for 87 octane!!!!!!

HELLO electirc car.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Sick of high gas prices? We can retaliate and make price gougers PAY!!!! (blueeg)

actaully you kno if we do just sit ther eon the pump with our cars and dont get gas.. that would actually work.. we'd have fixed up cars taking up space at the pump to waste there time ...so if every "honda" enthusiast in cali was to park there car in a gas station it could actually send out a statement....all we have to do is stick a sticker on the cars that ses "no price gouging" doesnt seem very hard...and at the same time it would be like the biggest import showoff basicly at every gas station

it would be fixed up cars = attract attention
which means it can send a message

[Modified by romeo619romeo, 8:58 AM 3/14/2003]

[Modified by romeo619romeo, 9:00 AM 3/14/2003]
Old 03-14-2003, 12:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sick of high gas prices? We can retaliate and make price gougers PAY!!!! (romeo619romeo)

Umm....HELLO ? Iraq... WAR LOOMING...

I don't know if you follow, but companies like Exxon, Mobil, Shell, ect... get a major portion of their oil from the middle east, which, at the moment, is charging an arm and a leg for a barrel of oil.

This 'don't buy gas' crap doesn't work because not everyone will do it, and you can't avoid the big 3 all of the time... there will always be someone that needs gas and must hit up one of the major companies that buy oil for the Mid east.

Granted, Cali gets screwed, as east coast prices haven't hit over $2/gal for premium YET. Gouging might go on, but for the most part, it's overseas prices + taxation that control the gas prices.

The US has low gas prices due to supply and demand. We use ALOT of oil. Not to mention, gas guzzling SUVs that are driven by soccer moms to transport A) One kid to ballet and back home or B) Transport one fat assed mom to the mall. This is why we are killing resources.... cuz people want to pimp it in H2's and Excursions.

You want to save some money at the pump ? Just avoid buying gas from companies that primarly buy Mid east gas... try filling up at Hess, BP, Liberty, Sunoco, 76, Citgo and a few select others (do a net search). You will notice that these companies have notably lower prices per gallon as compared to the likes of Shell, Mobil, Exxon, Amoco (Amoco buys less mid eastern oil than the other big co.s)

Current avg's in Fl at Mid eastern buyers for premium: $1.97/gal
Current Avg's in Fl at non M/E buyers for premium: $1.85/gal
Lowest I've seen is Liberty and Citgo for premium: $1.79/gal

This is 93 octane, fellas, and citgo has great refinement processess.

We are not as a planet, as low on oil as some believe, with vast resources untapped in the US, including Alaska and off-shore drilling still available off the coast of Florida if it gets to that. Many Caribbean islands and South American coastlines still have a wealth of untapped oil off coast as well. Oil prices are going up because of OPEC type tactics. I remember when premium was under $1.00/gal....

X2

Quick Reply: Sick of high gas prices? We can retaliate and make price gougers PAY!!!!