Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

SI SPOILER NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SI SPOILER NEED HELP

I have a 99 2dr Ek. I bought a spoiler from this guy called shortantena on ebay. his add says that he's selling 96-00 si spoilers. When I got the spoiler shipped to me. I'd laid it on the trunk to see the size. The hight seems to small. Does anyone know the actual size on a si spoiler??
Old 06-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SI SPOILER NEED HELP (EK_kidd)

if he said he was selling "96-00 SI spoilers" hes prolly not very reputable seeing how there was no SI 96-98, but to answer your question i think somewhere b/w 6-8'' whats the height on the one you got?
Old 06-10-2008, 05:15 PM

Default Re: SI SPOILER NEED HELP (elektronsi)

I really don't kno the size. I haven't messure it yet. I kno when I put it on and look threw the back window, the spoiler looks right on top of the back brake light.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you got any pics of it on the car?
Old 06-10-2008, 07:11 PM

Default Re: SI SPOILER NEED HELP (elektronsi)

I don't have any pics yet.. I will when I get off of work.. Do you or anyone else has pics or messurement of a si spoiler?
Old 06-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There were two spoilers made for the 96-00 Civic. One was a "short" style for 96-98, and a "tall" style for 99-00 and I believe the "short" was also available for the 99-00. I would check with user NOFX, she is building a Civic database with that type of info.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (TheJGB3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheJGB3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There were two spoilers made for the 96-00 Civic. One was a "short" style for 96-98, and a "tall" style for 99-00 and I believe the "short" was also available for the 99-00. I would check with user NOFX, she is building a Civic database with that type of info.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Unfortunately NOFX got banned. There were the tall and short spoilers for 99-00.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:59 AM

Default Re: (BlueIntegraBoy)

Well do you kno the height messurements for the tall wing?
Old 06-11-2008, 08:07 PM

Default Re: (EK_kidd)

Blah... I called a honda dealer ship near my house but they don't kno the messurements for the spoiler.. Anyone knows any numbers or site with that info?
Old 06-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EK_kidd)

how bout the link to the ebay auction?

i dont think you got an authentic honda spoiler i believe under the spoiler it should either say "civic" or "honda".

i believe the tall wing looks like the integra "Type R" wing height.

the small wing you you can barely fit your hand between the spoiler and the trunk.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if the guys from canada they had si that were just like our ex civics. so you might have got a spoiler from one of those.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

As stated, the si in canada is the usdm ex....so yes, there was an si in 96-98.

99-00 height is a minimum of 5"
Old 06-12-2008, 07:20 AM

Default Re: SI SPOILER NEED HELP (chargedecivic)

This is the link for the spoiler
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

The link shows the spoiler. but the one I got seem a lil smaller from the pic.

Pics will be uploaded..
Old 06-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The one pictured is definitely the 99-00 style (Si spoiler, if you want to call it that [wrong])

I just measured:
From deck to top of the spoiler, 99-00 its just under 5" tall, at the center. (technically, its close to 4 3/4" inches)
If the one you have is shorter, you have the 96-98 type.

Argue that the seller gave you something that was different from whats pictured. Simple.
Is it the same length? Yes, all 96-00 coupes have the same trunk width and therefore spoiler width.
Is it different? Yes, 96-98 and 99-00 are different styles.
There, I made the argument for you
Old 06-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The one pictured is definitely the 99-00 style (Si spoiler, if you want to call it that [wrong])

I just measured:
From deck to top of the spoiler, 99-00 its just under 5" tall, at the center. (technically, its close to 4 3/4" inches)
If the one you have is shorter, you have the 96-98 type.

Argue that the seller gave you something that was different from whats pictured. Simple.
Is it the same length? Yes, all 96-00 coupes have the same trunk width and therefore spoiler width.
Is it different? Yes, 96-98 and 99-00 are different styles.
There, I made the argument for you </TD></TR></TABLE>

This.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i think the real one is around 5" make sure you give him a bad rep ahhah
Old 06-14-2008, 11:19 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK_kidd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a 99 2dr Ek. I bought a spoiler from this guy called shortantena on ebay. his add says that he's selling 96-00 si spoilers. When I got the spoiler shipped to me. I'd laid it on the trunk to see the size. The hight seems to small. Does anyone know the actual size on a si spoiler??</TD></TR></TABLE>
The Si coupe spoiler is actually the same spoiler that was available for all '99-'00 Civic coupes. The shorter spoiler was for '96-'98 coupes, and there were also different spoilers for the '96-'98 sedan (three spokes) and the '99-'00 sedan (similar to '96-'98 coupe, but sharper and more defined). While the coupe spoilers are fairly common, it's rare to see a sedan spoiler.

The '99-'00 coupe spoiler is about twice as tall as the '96-'98 coupe spoiler. The '99-'00 coupe spoiler also has the CIVIC logo embossed on the underside.

The LED light for the '99-'00 coupe spoiler is also shorter than the '96-'98 spoiler's LED light bar.

Here's some comparison shots I have. Sorry the shots are kind of crappy. It was chance to find a stock Si, so I figured I'd document some differences against my stock '98 EX.

General comparison shots.

Here's the underside. While the '99-'00 is embossed, the '96-'98 isn't.

And here's the LED bars. Compare them to the emblem below.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Unfortunately NOFX got banned. There were the tall and short spoilers for 99-00.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why'd NOFX get banned
Old 06-15-2008, 01:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Because some view her as an instigator. Pfff...w/e
Welcome back Amy
Old 06-15-2008, 11:31 AM

Not an instigator. She just trys to hard to put people down with her know it all attitude. Lol. Doesn't work well. Yeah she's smart, but frankly she just takes a little more time to research answers to questions like this. But all aside she gave a good answer...THIS time.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That counts as instigator...
She gives good answers 100% of the time. If you cant deal with a little attitude along with it, because youre too lazy to search for something yourself than you need to get out.
I am behind her as a user completely, as are many of the board. I find it silly to ban her because, what Im assuming to be, new people whine and complain.
She does favors for people, researching topics and going out of her way to answer questions and create threads and information batches that greatly enhance the forum knowledge base......and if I say anymore Im sure I'LL get banned too....
Old 06-15-2008, 02:58 PM

Lol you can say what you like to me. I didn't get her banned. I told you I don't doubt that she's smart and yeah she went out of her way to answer this guys question. I just think people like her are annoying as hell when you ask a question and she pops off with a "umm actually retard" type answer. This forum is to help people, not be a smart *** and make them feel dumb. Some people don't know the answers to something she already knows to be a simple question. So on that note its not the users that needs to get out, She just needs to keep her quirky little comments to herself and help people. She should keep up the good work for sure, she's well at it. But im sure her *** gets tired from so many people kissing it. Glad your question was answered Ek
Kid good luck to you.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, I have a feeling youre the kid that bitched a lot....
Youre not at all as righteous as you probably think.

Let me just say, if admins and mods were to ban users for having a little attitude, MANY of the knowledgeable members would be looong gone.

Anyway, yes this is not the place for this. No, Im not interested in taking it to PM. Dont care enough.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:47 PM

hahaha your kind cracks me up "i take everything so seriously, bow down to nofx and worship her" not me . no i didnt say anything to the mods about nofx im not a little baby. i put her in her place and told her to get out of my thread if all she was gonna do is be a douche. nah i dont care to take it to pm either. an argument through honda tech isnt worth my time. im here to learn and help. not deal with whiny girls and boys that think they know everything if you, her or anyone wants to help ME when i need something then awesome, please do, but please dont come in MY threads with that righteous attitude. peace.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blindguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hahaha your kind cracks me up "i take everything so seriously, bow down to nofx and worship her" not me . no i didnt say anything to the mods about nofx im not a little baby. i put her in her place and told her to get out of my thread if all she was gonna do is be a douche. nah i dont care to take it to pm either. an argument through honda tech isnt worth my time. im here to learn and help. not deal with whiny girls and boys that think they know everything if you, her or anyone wants to help ME when i need something then awesome, please do, but please dont come in MY threads with that righteous attitude. peace. </TD></TR></TABLE>

x2

Quick Reply: SI SPOILER NEED HELP