Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Show Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Show Cars?

I'm gonna post up a few pics of my car end of the week... but it's so NOT what all you guys are goin for. I was just wonderin if anyone here has anything OTHER then JDM styling?? Seems like... 99.9% of the people on this board slap on a set of slipstreams or whatever, a c/f hood, and call it quits the exterior? Not tryin to start anything but i'm just wonderin??
75% of the imports around here have all the same 15" spoon or mugen knockoff rims they bought for 500bucks and it's starting to **** ME OFF!, They ALL look like **** in person!!! Your rides look good... in pictures, but I dunno!? I've yet to see anything I really like.
Anyone at ALL agree with me?
What really urks me, is that people post up these cars, and they basically look like stock civic's with black steelies, and EVERYONE says... ooooo aaaaaaa that things damn clean!! Ya... I say it's STOCK!

I just wanted to see if there's even a point to posting up the car... if i'm just gonna get bashed by every single person in here. I'm not really into all this all go no show business. Call me a ricer if you want, but I dont' have altezza's, and I dont' have stupid graphics all over my car. I DO have a 92si with 17" shu-4's, street fighter2 front end, buddy club sideskirts/rear bumper, shaved side mouldings, handles, inner tails, rear wiper and licence plate holder. Not to mention the stock block of wood under the hood :D Uh huh! Gonna be in there till it blows.

Anyways, post up your NON-JDM HONDA'S!!! Please!
Old 04-24-2002, 02:45 PM
Future Texas Boy

Default Re: Show Cars? (nonvtec92)

I think jackson and fowler have pleather interiors and headliners. Leftovers from their "e-rotic ellusionz" days
Old 04-24-2002, 02:53 PM

you tried to take my name didn't you?
Old 04-24-2002, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think the majority of members on H-T tend to be much more go than show. There is a small percentage that's go and some show also, and an even smaller percentage that favors mostly show. Most of the show ppl don't post much (accept in the appearance forum...which is pretty much the only one they don't get ripped on in) as they've mostly been intimidated out of the other forums. In any case, I really don't care if someone's go only, show only, or both. If you like your ride, kewl, that's all that matters. I don't post pics up of my rides cuz 1. with my luck, it'll get stolen! and 2. just don't feel the need to cuz I know I like it. I'm pretty sure your kit and wheels will be criticized. There will be some that like it tho. If you feel you want to post it, go for it. But it seems like you've already gotten a feel for the general tastes at H-T. Poster beware I guess. Good luck.
Old 04-24-2002, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Show Cars? (bhcvc)

oh because its not all show its "JDM", oh and what about show cars, i think they suck and the people who show them off, 99% of them do not give credit to the actual people in the shop who buitl them. one more thing these showcar people are only craving attention.
Old 04-24-2002, 04:05 PM

Your money, your car
Do what you want

Here most people assume all show is the same
The problem is that most is done in bad taste
Old 04-24-2002, 04:10 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Show Cars? (5 watt)

I'd like to see you car, I like clean lookin cars no matter if it the "stock" "JDM" or whatever look. Only thing I hate is when you start changing lights and everything else so that its not even a Honda anymore, whats the point and most of the time it just plain looks like **** anyways. but if your into big body kits and wheels, do your thing, I'll probably like it as long its done good and clean.
Old 04-24-2002, 05:43 PM

I think in general, this forum is pretty "tech" oriented (thus the honda-tech.com name)... most people come here for technical stuff, aka, all go and little to no show. Personally, the look I am going for with my car is stock, with some understated exterior mods, and some rims maybe. I like the "sleeper" look/concept, and I think a lot of others on here would agree with me on that point.

However, I can and do on a regular basis appreciate a tastefully-done and well-built "all show, no go" type car. I think as long as you don't have a 5 foot tall wing and aren't putting hideous stickers everywhere, then you'll probably be fine.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:35 PM
dAng!

Default Re: Show Cars? (matt-eg)

its for show AND go. anyone care to bitch about rice? i'll say bring it on.

[Modified by Black Light, 11:24 PM 4/24/2002]
Old 04-24-2002, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Show Cars?

to the beginning poster, your car sounds like how my friends you to look. I like both jdm/stock looking cars and then more showy cars aslong as it tastefully done. But sometimes I think show guys run out of ideas and just start putting stuff on there and OVER do it. The only reason why right now I wouldnt want a kit is because they can easily get all scratched up(especially the ones that sit lower) you usually pay more to get them painted then stock because they have a lot more intrikit(sp?) design. Also its scary lately how many cars I've heard of being stolen lately. I'm afraid to know when summer hits how many will be. Also a lot of kits these days I honestly dont like. There nice but just not my style, there is always something small I dont like about it, and since my stock bumper is fine, why pay more for a new bumper? And usuall if you get a kit and you have an older car, you can tell the new paint from the old paint so its a good idea to get a new paint job which becomes more $$. Aslong as its tastefully I don't mind.

Also, some people don't need the speed that some of us want, so why hate them for it. Maybe if they have all that power they will be tempted and get a lot of tickets...I know that is true for one of my friends who has gotten quite a few tickets with his modded Sentra SE-R. Now he is buying a jeep for awhile till his tickets start going away. Just a thought for everyone to ponder.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Show Cars? (5 watt)

Your money, your car
Do what you want
yup

i'd like to see the pics.. some show cars are
its all about doing what you like, don't worry about what others think.
Old 04-24-2002, 08:03 PM

if you get annoyed by H-T member that easy.... I have 2 suggestions for you...
1) get a life and do something else, if you dont like the pple here.
2) Start a Honda-Show.com ...

I personally do like some of the show car from japan turner.. but those APC.. black widow, spiderman, roaches kits just doesn't work for me... poorly design and constructed... bad fitment... there is nothing aero dynamic about it...

plus, as pple mention... pple would still wanna drive their car on the street after mod, what's the point of putting something on the car and break it???

I certainly would like to see your car... I hope you don't have those altezza's light...
Old 04-24-2002, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Show Cars? (chusai)

you dont like the jdm styling you can leave
the reason 99% of us dont have body kits or 18's is because it makes the car SLOW and attracts too much attention.
also the idiot ricers have taken over the bling bling aftermarket parts.
i dont pass judgment on peoples cars unless they ask for an opinion.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:17 PM

Default Re: Show Cars? (KAMiN)

Hey man that is fine with me if you are into all show no go style but you dont have to bash the jdm stlye either. Yes, our cars might pretty much look stock from the outside but it is under the hood where it counts for us. Apparently it is the exterior that counts for you and that is fine. It is your car and your money so do what you want but dont get mad because we spend our money on swaps, turbos, internals, etc. and you spend your money on kits and huge rims that cant get traction. Each to his own stlye just, quit bashing jdm.
And by the way, go ahead and post your cars pics, i would like to see if it is tasteful or not.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Show Cars? (vtecvoodoo)

I like my bodykit. And to all those who say that they got a poor fitmant and their stuff cracks, buy something that doesnt cost 300 dolars for the whole kit. I got molds for 2 front bumpers and they fit perfect. My octane one is about 1 lower than the buddy club and it scrapes, but i never broke the damn thing. and if i do i got molds for them so i can make myself one for about 60 bucks. Its made to last from strong handlaid fiberglass. Paint is no problem for me either, i can do it myself. So stop bitching about your APC made bodykit and how poor it is.

I think that people go w/ JDM only because it fits, no other appeal to it.
I dont think that i would pay anyone 100 bucks to have my heater glow in amber or pay 200 for gauge cluster that reads in KM/H, it may be cool, but than i have to figure out how much speed limit is. Paying like 1000+ for 2 seats that cam out of some integra, i can get some nice brand new recaros for that much, why do i have to have USED seats for that. WTF are you smoking????

I think that most Honda owners are too stuck up. Honda isnt the ****. There are better cars out there.
BTW i drive a 94 hatch, so its not like im some kind of Rustang fan.
Old 04-24-2002, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Show Cars? (kane2g)

I personally don't have a problem with show cars, if everything fits. You are supposed to make it all match together nicely. Your not supposed to get conversions that don't follow the body lines of the cars. I don't have a problem with using parts for other cars as long as it looks like it was made for your car. I have friends that go for show, and friends that go for speed, and friends that go for both. Also I think a lot of people in this section will criticize you for going show with a hatch because usually hatches are used for speed because they are lightweight, but I have definately seen nice looking showcar hatches. I would like to see your car. I liked the JDM look, but now it is just becoming trendy.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:23 PM

I say do what you want with your car... Personally I dont like "ricey" cars(i.e. altezzas, graphics, tall wings) but some people do. I'm only partly into the JDM look and right now Ive spend more money making my car look better (i.e. body kit, paint, rims, basic engine mods) than going faster. I plan on adding some major performance mods soon, however, in my experience both show and go upgrades cause problems. Kits crack and chip, tires wear quickly; Engines get damaged, mpg drop (big deal, right) and you're screwed when its time to get a smog. Anyway both are going to be expensive and both have there positives and negatives. I mean you can't deny that the show cars with conversion and crazy mods arent a part of the import scene; likewise with the race cars out there. Figure out for yourself what works for you and dont let any forum get you down.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Show Cars? (PROJECThX)

To each their own, my friend. I personally like 'em clean. The most that will happen is a drop, rims and possibly a lip.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that people go w/ JDM only because it fits, no other appeal to it.
I dont think that i would pay anyone 100 bucks to have my heater glow in amber or pay 200 for gauge cluster that reads in KM/H, it may be cool, but than i have to figure out how much speed limit is. Paying like 1000+ for 2 seats that cam out of some integra, i can get some nice brand new recaros for that much, why do i have to have USED seats for that. WTF are you smoking????

I think that most Honda owners are too stuck up. Honda isnt the ****. There are better cars out there.

because it fits?
ahh no. lemme give you a little news. we all arent into big widemouth front bumpers and widebody kits.
there ******* UGLY.
now ill agree with some of the people that spend 200$ on a jdm climbate control is a little over the top but its better than ANYTHING apc makes. its also OEM quality. how many aftermarket parts work like there supposed to for as long as you own the car?

so what if we think hondas are the best? every person who drives a domestic thinks they can outrun a 4 banger?
Old 04-24-2002, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

or pay 200 for gauge cluster that reads in KM/H, it may be cool, but than i have to figure out how much speed limit is.
I would rather pay 200 for a guage cluster with a tach , than have a pizza on top of my dash like an autometer tach for the same price. That's just me. It's all what you like. I've had an autometer tach, and its annoying.
Old 04-25-2002, 02:51 AM
Tee

Look like ****!!! Any WTF is JDM styling? I'm getting so sick of trendy Kats like yourself that want to catagorize and label ****. As I've posted before and I'll post again. Every JDM part on my car can't be seen from the outside, that would be the tranny,header, and exhaust. It's about time that people with clean Honda's and whatever else started stepping up and showing their cars, everyone with a Honda isn't into all that crap and that's what is perpetuated, I get so sick of people asking me about **** people like you are into once they find out that I have a Civic, it almost makes me want to sell it. My car is all go and looks very tasteful, even though I can't stand all that HotImport nights carshow/JDM non-JDM "Styling" Bullshit, I do respect that fact that people can do what they want to their cars but don't expect props from someone like myself or anyone else into "clean cars" and if you don't like what a lot of us post here, their are plenty of Ricer boards out there, as a matter of fact that's what's mostly out there. Damn will us non-Ricers ever have a board that won't be infected by Trendy *** ricers? Who knows, but I'm just expressing my opinion as did you. My opinion is if you want to customize and totally change **** build a ****** lowrider, all this stupid non value adding Bullshit that Ricers put on there cars wouldn't stay on after two laps of a real race. I can't believe you would even post some **** like you did, I've been a member of once Hybrid since 97 and that was the first board where it was function before fashion, a lot has changed since 97 and a lot of Ricers have managed to get on the board and **** it up. Sometimes I think "Damn! is nothing sacred!?" Some of us actually as proud of the fact that we think about our mods before doing them instead of driving the car to some bullshit "Performance Shop" funded by Drug money or money from stolen cars, like some Fast and Furious nonsense, requesting what we want for some stupid *** show and then dumping more Drug or stolen vehicle or Daddys money into the car and ending up with a poor Gaudy excuse for a car. C'mon man if you don't like this board go to another one!! "JDM styling" this is a term that ******* Ricers coined, they see an original idea bite it, and then try and sell it. Ricers are the reason that import price gouging has gone overboard, it's because of them that it exists....I gotta go back to work please feel free to flame, I just can't believe the nerve of your post, and like I said "if you don't like it go to a Ricer board!" BTW as far as getting bashed for posting your Ricemobile, you can count on me for that, cuz I'm gonna Dog you!
Peace Out,
Tee
Old 04-25-2002, 03:38 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

nonvtec92:

I understand your frustration I guess - if everybody in a certain website did not like my views I'd be mad too, but if you don't like it, then leave.

I'll be back when I have more time to pick your post apart

[Modified by B18C5-EH2, 12:39 PM 4/25/2002]
Old 04-25-2002, 05:47 AM
Former Moderator

I'm gonna post up a few pics of my car end of the week... but it's so NOT what all you guys are goin for. I was just wonderin if anyone here has anything OTHER then JDM styling?? Seems like... 99.9% of the people on this board slap on a set of slipstreams or whatever, a c/f hood, and call it quits the exterior? Not tryin to start anything but i'm just wonderin??
75% of the imports around here have all the same 15" spoon or mugen knockoff rims they bought for 500bucks and it's starting to **** ME OFF!, They ALL look like **** in person!!! Your rides look good... in pictures, but I dunno!? I've yet to see anything I really like.
Anyone at ALL agree with me?
What really urks me, is that people post up these cars, and they basically look like stock civic's with black steelies, and EVERYONE says... ooooo aaaaaaa that things damn clean!! Ya... I say it's STOCK!
I just wanted to see if there's even a point to posting up the car... if i'm just gonna get bashed by every single person in here. I'm not really into all this all go no show business. Call me a ricer if you want, but I dont' have altezza's, and I dont' have stupid graphics all over my car. I DO have a 92si with 17" shu-4's, street fighter2 front end, buddy club sideskirts/rear bumper, shaved side mouldings, handles, inner tails, rear wiper and licence plate holder. Not to mention the stock block of wood under the hood :D Uh huh! Gonna be in there till it blows.

Anyways, post up your NON-JDM HONDA'S!!! Please!
Okay, I've got an extra minute here to read your post and here's some of my thoughts on it.

First of all, I believe you might be confusing JDM with CLEAN, O.E-styled cars.

I'm not a "JDM Guy" by any means. I'm not anti-JDM either though, and if i had to choose a side between body-kitted cars and clean JDM cars, I'd have to choose JDM.

But guess what? I don't have to choose a side, so I'll make my own side - my side.

Now, about your post and some specific comments you made.

You ripped on people who have "stock" cars and also ripped on others who say it's "clean." So I guess an engine swap is considered still stock? When a person posts up a near-stock car, it is going to be clean because it hasn't been tarnished with gaudy things like graphics and triple-decker wings.

Don't take that last comment and run with it - I never said that you or any others here have graphics and triple-decker wings, so don't say I did.

I particularly love your comment about "your rides look good in pictures, but I dunno..."

I have seen a few cars on this MB in person, and the pictures do them no justice. I have posted many pics of my own car here and the pics do it no justice either. I'm not bragging though, because I didn't paint the car - the kudos for that go to the body shop that did the work.

I would like to know YOUR definiton of a show car.

The problem with "show" cars is telling what the REAL show cars are. Since the sole purpose of having a show car is having a maticulously maintained car, all the really good ones are usually never street-driven.

Crazy-*** body kits, airbags, 18'' wheels, chrome suspension parts, leatther interior with 500lbs. of stereo and multi-media equipment is not practical on the street. Thses ingredients are found on most real show cars.

What makes me laugh so hard is the people that put huge wings, 18'' wheels, body kits, neons, etc. on their cars and then say "its' a show car" make me laugh. What's worse is when the car is dirty as ****, body kit's chipped, and the wheels are curbed/bent. THAT is not a show car.

Again I'm not pointing fingers at any of you, but I see this locally and it's ******* funny.

The exact same can be said about a car with a swap, lowered, lighter wheels, and even bigger brakes. When owners call the car a race car, it makes me laugh. If it's truly a race car, then great, but 9 times out of 10 it's just a really nice daily driven car.

IMO "JDM" is only JDM when it's a righthand drive car from Japan. A lot of the JDM parts are functional though, but some just aren't at all.

In the end it is your money and your car, but if you post pics of it you can expect to hear various opinions about it. If you are afraid of ridicule here on Honda-TECH than may I siggest posting the pics on SuperHonda.org or ClubSi.com?

I'm not done yet, but I must take a break from typing - my 2 fingers are killing me.
Old 04-25-2002, 05:55 AM
Former Moderator

Default Re: Show Cars? (B18C5-EH2)

BTW: Here's a pic of my non-JDM car since you asked for pics of non-JDM cars:

Keep in mind that it isn't done yet, so it's missing some parts right now.

Feel free to try and rip on it if you'd like, and I have Rota wheels too, so they must look like **** since that's what you said.

Please rip on the car, because I'm in an argumentative mood.

Old 04-25-2002, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Show Cars? (B18C5-EH2)

stop referring to it as jdm. theres cars on here people label as jdm that dont have any jdm parts on them. i prefer to call it a minimalist approach. this way it pertains to everyone that is so called jdm or whoever has a rhd dc2 imported. minimalist is a better word in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Show Cars?