Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Should I paint my factory fogs to match or leave them????

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I paint my factory fogs to match or leave them????

Got my factory fogs for my EBP SI today and not sure if I should paint the bezels EBP or leave them the dark color. Any opinions? Post pics if you got them. I am having a hard time deciding. I am either going to install them tommorrow or paint them since I have the paint already.

Thanks in advance.
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should I paint my factory fogs to match or leave them???? (TwistedSI)

I would leave them. I just like them better that way and you could resell them later to just about anybody instead of only EBP guys!
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should I paint my factory fogs to match or leave them???? (TwistedSI)

leave it alone or for stealth points, paint it black
Old 11-06-2003, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should I paint my factory fogs to match or leave them???? (ixiblindixi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ixiblindixi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">leave it alone or for stealth points, paint it black</TD></TR></TABLE>

Umm..they are already almost black and I don't think you can stealth out the fogs...
Old 11-06-2003, 05:39 PM

let them be
Old 11-06-2003, 05:48 PM

Default Re: (CodeDawg)

the beatles said it best ....let it be. they look awesome stock. ill post pics. i think i have some

well here you go

Old 11-06-2003, 05:50 PM

Default Re: (98civichtchback)

leave them the stock gunmetal color please they look great with a carbon fiber hood

offtopic-i love your em1 with a passion
Old 11-06-2003, 05:57 PM

They look pretty good in that pic unpainted. I found this pic that has them painted but its kinda hard to tell.

I'm still undecided. I need to see more pics. I thought I would want them painted but they look pretty good in that one with the gunmetal headlights. On the other note also if I leave them grey, this spring when the weather gets nice I want to mold them to the bumper and respray it. My lip has some scratches and such that I want to take care of for next summer.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:57 PM

Default Re: (ek9mugen)

they sure do

Old 11-06-2003, 05:59 PM

Default Re: (98civichtchback)

they look good either way. its a win win situation. you should buy new covers and paint one and leave the other stock so you can change them when you want
Old 11-06-2003, 06:00 PM

Default Re: (ek9mugen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek9mugen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">leave them the stock gunmetal color please they look great with a carbon fiber hood

offtopic-i love your em1 with a passion</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I agree they look good with a cf hood but I plan on keeping the EBP one. CF hoods don't really bother me on other peoples cars but I don't want my SI to look racey or like I am trying to make it fast. I want it to look like a respectable adult bought a Civic, did work to it motorwise, but is responsible enough to not open it up every chance I get on the open road. If that makes any sense.....
Old 11-06-2003, 06:03 PM
range

if you can get a can then go for it I say- but it's not worth all that trouble unless your really bored one weekend. I rather be ******* but **** - maybe your gay (kidding i'm following with hahaha).
Old 11-06-2003, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should I paint my factory fogs to match or leave them???? (range)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by range &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you can get a can then go for it I say- but it's not worth all that trouble unless your really bored one weekend. I rather be ******* but **** - maybe your gay (kidding i'm following with hahaha).</TD></TR></TABLE>
ummm... Seriously, I would just install them as is. I think that is a more "responsible" look.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Should I paint my factory fogs to match or leave them???? (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
ummm... Seriously, I would just install them as is. I think that is a more "responsible" look. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Or would the responsible look be to paint them correctly to match perfectly and make it look like I took the time to improve them from factory spec????

Hehehe, I really don't know. It is a win win either way but I figure if I am going to paint them I should do it now. I'm torn. My wife says I should paint them after seeing the pics so we'll see.

My main concern is that unpainted they are going to "break up" the front too much. I kind of like how clean the whole front of the car is right now.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keep it gunmetal
Old 11-06-2003, 06:16 PM
u0f

they match ctr headlights well unpainted.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TwistedSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> My wife says I should paint them after seeing the pics so we'll see.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Uh oh...the wifey says to paint them, so it looks like you need to. You just got help making your decision big time.

EDIT: How about you install them unpainted and if you don't like it paint them?
Old 11-06-2003, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should I paint my factory fogs to match or leave them???? (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Umm..they are already almost black and I don't think you can stealth out the fogs...</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually theyre a greyish color. black would look original and can be complimented by other black parts in the future (i.e. CF hood, mirrors, moldings etc.)

and stealth is an adjective not a verb so i agree with you that you can't stealth out fogs
Old 11-06-2003, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should I paint my factory fogs to match or leave them???? (ixiblindixi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ixiblindixi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

actually theyre a greyish color. black would look original and can be complimented by other black parts in the future (i.e. CF hood, mirrors, moldings etc.)

and stealth is an adjective not a verb so i agree with you that you can't stealth out fogs</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha, take it easy there guy. I don't consider the gunmetal color that much more unstealthy than black, but he doesn't want any CF stuff. And yes you are right, stealth is not a verb.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:33 PM

Stealth.

n.
The act of moving, proceeding, or acting in a covert way.
The quality or characteristic of being furtive or covert.
Archaic. The act of stealing.

adj.
Not disclosing one's true ideology, affiliations, or positions: a stealth candidate.
Having or providing the ability to prevent detection by radar: a stealth bomber; stealth technology.

End of that discussion..... Alright, I'm searching through the interweb looking for pics to see what I like better. I know it is a minor thing and they look good either way but I'm pretty **** about this type of thing and no matter what I decide I will always wonder if I would be happier the other.
Old 11-06-2003, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Haha, take it easy there guy. I don't consider the gunmetal color that much more unstealthy than black, but he doesn't want any CF stuff. And yes you are right, stealth is not a verb. </TD></TR></TABLE>

4everyone
Old 11-06-2003, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Leave them stock.

Old 11-06-2003, 07:20 PM
New User

Default Re: Should I paint my factory fogs to match or leave them???? (5thgenh4tch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 5thgenh4tch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Leave them stock.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-06-2003, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should I paint my factory fogs to match or leave them???? (ELUD THS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ELUD THS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> </TD></TR></TABLE>

how much does a set of those run?? i want some for my civic Ex front bumper. anyone got any f/s?
Old 11-06-2003, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Should I paint my factory fogs to match or leave them???? (Taffeta_EXcpe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Taffeta_EXcpe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

how much does a set of those run?? i want some for my civic Ex front bumper. anyone got any f/s?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I got mine from handa-accessories.com for like $130 and some change shipped. Ordered them tuesday and they came today. They always have fast shipping and most their stuff is factory Honda so you know what you are getting.

Quick Reply: Should I paint my factory fogs to match or leave them????