Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Should I keep my car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I keep my car?

I own a 93' LX, which is a four door automatic. I really like looks of the 92-95 four door. They look so good when tastefully modified, but the 1.5L mated to an auto is a absoulte joke. I am considering getting a 6th gen coupe this summer (EX stick), that I can do a motor swap on. This is where I want opinions -- Should I keep my four door 5th gen and do a b18 swap and change it to a stick, or should I get a 6th gen that is already a stick. I am not has zealous about car weight reduction has many of the forum memmbers seem, I actually want the EX sunroof and other heavy goodies
Old 04-18-2002, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Should I keep my car? (seano)

I suppose if you keep the LX, you can put more money into swap/mod.. changing from auto to manual is not a big deal.. but then you also need a new console and such.. if you do like the luxury.. you should consider a GSR instead.. they only go for 7k-8k for earlier ones.. and it's also a good base to start..

EG/EK (pls dont pick on the chasis code..) are both fine.. but bottomline older cars does look more out dated, and you really cant do much about it with the interior... unless you wanna do APC mod.. which I dont recommend..

Seriously consider GSR.. not a bad choice at all

ps. I drive a EG6, I am not a GSR fan.. just suggesting according to your need..
Old 04-18-2002, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Should I keep my car? (chusai)

"but bottomline older cars does look more out dated, and you really cant do much about it with the interior"

Well, I actually think the 5th gen civic has a better looking interior than the 6th gen. The 6th gen has that console that looks like some kinda big bubble sticking out at you. I drive my moms 2000 civic around alot, and I much perfer my 93' interior, it's alot sportier (but the 6th gen interior does have a slightly better build quality) .
I seriously considered the GSR, but I am only 20, and in college, so I couldn't afford the higher insurance (I'm assuming it is higher). I want to get a coupe, and swap the motor out, get some nice wheels, and then just leave it alone. I want a civic that looks completely stock, without any spoiler (come on, they are pretty much useless on FWD), and even remove the EX badge. They only way someone will know its modded, is when I jump off the line and pull ahead