Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Should I break up with her or keep her?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Should I break up with her or keep her?

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
I think that getting LoJack would be a great idea...
When a good thief steals a car, they let it sit for a couple days in a public place before stripping it or taking it to their place, so that if it has LoJack the police won't find out who or where they are, since LoJack is a GPS system.

This being said, if you have LoJack, your vehicle will likely be recovered before they get the chance to do some serious damage.

Also, LoJack gives you like $2500 or something like that if your car is not found in 30 days and/or totaled when/if they find it.
it doesnt work unless reported stolen. And the thieves already know where to look for them. so they are removed right away.

and I dont think thieves let them sit to be found. they strip them before anything can be tracked. they are usually found a few days after when someone reports it sitting somewhere.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ya Digg
it doesnt work unless reported stolen.
Which is why you report it stolen. If you do and it's too late, well you get $2500.

and I dont think thieves let them sit to be found. they strip them before anything can be tracked.
I've head from quite a few people that this is exactly what experienced thieves do.

Regardless... even if all fails, you still get your $2500 from LoJack. It costs $800 or so for LoJack, and $1700 is quite a bit of money to get that you wouldn't get otherwise.
And, this isn't in place of comprehensive insurance, this is ON TOP of what insurance gives you.

I recommend getting comprehensive insurance AND LoJack.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NOFX
LoJack doesn't work everywhere.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/audio-security-video-27/tired-those-no-good-thieves-my-solution-hope-works-ultimate-layer-2173315/

Lojack Map Lowjack Lo Jack Coverage State County City Cities States Counties Coastal Land Locked Landlocked
looks like socal is kinda covered :] so that makes me happy..
Old 04-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by joelmatt89
yeah like somebody else said, make sure you have full coverage and talk to your insurance company. For my car i paid 4200, then took it to an appraiser and he appraised it at 6250, so if it ever get stolen that's what i get from my insurance and it didn't raise my insurance at all you should def look into getting it appraised but don't just give up an sell your car. At least find somewhere to store it, if you sell it you will probably always regret it. Besides in this economy you won't get at all what it's worth.
hrmmmm.. maybe I'll look into it being appraised. thanks for the advice!
Old 04-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I recommend getting comprehensive insurance AND LoJack.
that is what i have done... which is why if my car is stolen and called a total loss ill end up with 12,500 in my hand to build a new one. well worth it.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by philkehn
Poor guy most of the time I leave my car unlocked outside, I left it unlocked one night to STILL have some idiot break out my window. I was more pissed about the window because no one around here carries them and I have to order one that takes about 7-14 days! Anyways, I dont think a thief is going anywhere without a steering wheel lol.
yeah.. here in the 562 area we have an thief who keeps on breaking into peoples car and taking their ecu's.. plus I have to worry about crack heads trying to jack my radio even if I took off the face... this happened to my accord.. I was so madd
Old 04-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lojack does not work. cops dont start tracking until you report it stolen. so by whenever you get up an realize its gone they already took it out and the cops will be finding it in a lake.

Your car is setup just like mine. Pretty hard for a thief to get in. And impossible for them to stop the alarm from going off if you have all the needed sensors and a pager which has saved me the one time they tried to get mine. steering wheel being out like mine will make them think twice along with the other lock you mentioned. Kill switches will slow them down if not stopped completely. Only worry is a tow truck. which Im scared of. try to block it in as much as you can. make it really hard if they do decide to bring a tow truck. All you can do is slow them down and try your best to stop them.
yes I am definitely scared of the tow truck.. maybe I can have my girlfriend park her car behind mines but I don't think the alley is big enough for that..
Old 04-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think that getting LoJack would be a great idea...
When a good thief steals a car, they let it sit for a couple days in a public place before stripping it or taking it to their place, so that if it has LoJack the police won't find out who or where they are, since LoJack is a GPS system.

This being said, if you have LoJack, your vehicle will likely be recovered before they get the chance to do some serious damage.

Also, LoJack gives you like $2500 or something like that if your car is not found in 30 days and/or totaled when/if they find it.
yeah I watch that show on true tv or was it a & e where its like reality tv and they chase down cars with lo jacks.. I think its called "bait car" or something like that.. but yeah my friend had his car stolen and the cops found it the next day.. luckily it was in some neighborhood unattended.. I guess the thieves thought he had a lo jack but he got lucky.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it doesnt work unless reported stolen. And the thieves already know where to look for them. so they are removed right away.

and I dont think thieves let them sit to be found. they strip them before anything can be tracked. they are usually found a few days after when someone reports it sitting somewhere.
I think their are two versions of the lo jack.. one doesn't have automatic update while the other one does.. if your car gets moved it automatically pages you or they call your cell or something like that.. but I remember reading a story here on honda-tech that a guy had a lo jack and the cops found it 1 hour later stripped.. they must have taken it to a chop shop or something for it to be that quick
Old 04-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^that show was on A&E called Jacked or something.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the people who says that I'm a "*****" don't understand where I'm coming from.. from my experiences, the cars going to get stolen if I don't do anything about it..

My friends 96 civic hatchback got stolen and returned stripped and they even wrote in permanent marker all over his interior stating racial remarks..

My 94 integra ls got stolen right in front of my sisters apartment and it was the first time I slept over.

My friends 94 integra almost got stolen by a potential buyer because my friend was trying to sell his car. He parked it in the front and the motor doesnt even start so the theives pushed it with a car behind it all the way to 3 blocks away. Luckily it was found

My friends integra got his ecu jacked and window broken into right outside his driveway next to his window.. they could have stolen the car but if they started it, he would know...

His girlfriends stock automatic 95 coupe got stolen in 20 mins outside of his house when we barely parked to go inside the house.

His carbon fiber hood from his eg got stolen right outside his window next to his integra.

My friends 92 civic si hatchback got his ecu stolen twice! and the second time he hid it behind the dash panel and they broke the whole **** off to get it! right in his backyard parking!

My radio got stolen out of my 95 accord and took everything from my trunk outside my house..

My friends clean 99 civic hatchback got his car stolen right outside of target parking lot near lakewood mall in 10 mins.. he parked and went inside to buy some earphones and came out to see its gone

My friends hood and trunk got kicked in because the thieves couldn't get into the car so they wrote "bitch" near the driver door latch..

I witnessed a thief get beat down right outside of In and Out burger.. he was surrounded by the owner of the car and his homies.. the thief locked himself in the car until they lured him out for a beat down

Theres so much more stories I have that will scare you..

What do they all have in common? not a good security and no garage.. most of them parked right in front of their house or back parking..I will tell you where I live and its a place called LONG BEACH!

Last edited by raidacaipo; 04-12-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by raidacaipo
1st post and its already a negative.. have some respect for your elders.. if you continue like this your going to get banned pretty soon..
really dude u are a moron...
Old 04-12-2009, 10:02 PM

if ur that scared of ur car being stolen.. then get out the game and sell that ****... dont lose any sleep over it.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by chevy
if ur that scared of ur car being stolen.. then get out the game and sell that ****... dont lose any sleep over it.
Just because he wants to protect his car doesn't mean he should get out of the game. If he wants to secure his car as much as he possibly can, then more power to him. I sure as hell wish I had the money to do that...
Old 04-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude shut up.. you been a member since 04 but you barely post.. and then you have the nerve to come post in my thread and instead of helping out you become a dick and then you defend another noobie who will eventually become an *** just like you someday? this is why so many people hate honda-tech.. if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say it.. I havent started anything with anyone and then some smart *** just come in here and try to put me down.. grow up man.. Ill just ignore all negative post, maybe because your just trying to prove to everyone else that your a dick..

I believe I will get a lo jack. I think its better than nothing. And maybe upgrade my insurance like everyone else tells me too.. Ive worked on this car for too long for me to sell it.. Everything was put on by my hands and only my hands. But thanks for the advice everyone. Im surprise this thread got so many hits. :]
Old 04-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just because he wants to protect his car doesn't mean he should get out of the game. If he wants to secure his car as much as he possibly can, then more power to him. I sure as hell wish I had the money to do that...
Thanks! appreciate it.. I mean who's more of an idiot? someone who has security and over protected of his car or someone who don't give a **** about security but wants to invest more money in everything else besides security and shelter?

If you look at the post, almost everyone in socal understands where Im coming from.. and I appreciate that.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^that show was on A&E called Jacked or something.
oh yeah its called "jacked"... great show man!
Old 04-12-2009, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by raidacaipo
dude shut up.. you been a member since 04 but you barely post.. and then you have the nerve to come post in my thread and instead of helping out you become a dick and then you defend another noobie who will eventually become an *** just like you someday? this is why so many people hate honda-tech.. if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say it.. I havent started anything with anyone and then some smart *** just come in here and try to put me down.. grow up man.. Ill just ignore all negative post, maybe because your just trying to prove to everyone else that your a dick..

I believe I will get a lo jack. I think its better than nothing. And maybe upgrade my insurance like everyone else tells me too.. Ive worked on this car for too long for me to sell it.. Everything was put on by my hands and only my hands. But thanks for the advice everyone. Im surprise this thread got so many hits. :]
i read alot... and what does that have anything to do with what i said.. u started this post asking for help in figuring out if u want to sell or keep ur pos... plus it looks like u really didnt need any help in deciding whether or not to keep it as u stated in ur post
'Ive worked on this car for too long for me to sell it.. Everything was put on by my hands and only my hands". so stfu noob
Old 04-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

plus people dont hate honda tech cause people like me, they hate it cause people like u...
with ur ridiculous and pointless post
Grow up. This site isn't for childish bickering.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think everyone just needs to relax and chill, like now..KTHX

Old 04-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

plus people dont hate honda tech cause people like me, they hate it cause people like u...
with ur ridiculous and pointless post
your posts are ridiculous and pointless.. 54 post and member since 04 and you have to post in mines? I feel special or something.... not... besides I joined honda-tech since 02 "noob".. I use to be an *** just like you but Dogginator banned me.. I was being a dick to him and everyone else even knowing what his position was and my name was "daybid562" then I learned you cant talk to people like that.. do you even know the rules? 04 member? apparently not
Old 04-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jimmy
I think everyone just needs to relax and chill, like now..KTHX

sorry I will behave :]
Old 04-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not bickering....the only thing childish is the post, come on... "should i break up with her", come on.. that some gay *** **** if i ever saw it..
It's a figure of speech. Who cares?

And people, calm down... there's a mod watching this thread so tone it down.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Removed off topic useless replies from this topic, if you share no interest in this topic.. do not post. Thanks!
Old 04-12-2009, 10:41 PM

the title to ur post intrigued me.... plus i dont need any tech help at all.. i use this site to sell sell sell... i like to read and see what people are building.. not to ask if i should break up with my car or not..

Quick Reply: Should I break up with her or keep her?