Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

shock/strut question. No search results

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shock/strut question. No search results

I have a 95 civic ex with some KYB coil overs on it from when I bought the car and the shocks and struts have gone bad (little rebound and very bumpy ride). I am pretty sure I have to replace the shocks/struts with KYB shocks/struts because the diameter will vary between each company. I guess I was windering where is there a good place to find the shocks/struts of this application? I don't know what model they are (like I said they were on the car when I bought it) and I don't want to but new could overs basically because I don;t want/can't spend the money right now. Searched "KYB" on the market place with no luck already. Again where would be a good place to go for KYB or can I put a different brand it? thanks
Old 10-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: shock/strut question. No search results (95bkeg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95bkeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a 95 civic ex with some KYB coil overs on it from when I bought the car and the shocks and struts have gone bad (little rebound and very bumpy ride). I am pretty sure I have to replace the shocks/struts with KYB shocks/struts because the diameter will vary between each company. I guess I was windering where is there a good place to find the shocks/struts of this application? I don't know what model they are (like I said they were on the car when I bought it) and I don't want to but new could overs basically because I don;t want/can't spend the money right now. Searched "KYB" on the market place with no luck already. Again where would be a good place to go for KYB or can I put a different brand it? thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

the diameter doesn't change, no matter what brand of struts you buy. you can go with KYB, just tell them the year, make, and model, when you go to order them.

there are numerous amount of online shops that sell them. you can even find some at a decent price on ebay (new that is). if you live near a advance autoparts, they carry them as well, just have to order them through the store.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: shock/strut question. No search results (95bkeg)

yea basically any parts store can order you the struts. and actually you might wanna buy new coil overs too while your at it... adjustable ones kick *** unless thats what you got already.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: shock/strut question. No search results (Bazza)

I did not know advanced autoparts carried KYB thats probably where I will go and get them. I would love to get new ones but the car is probably getting sold at the beginning of summer in favor of an EP3. They are adjustable but it is a shitty idea where that have a allen key to tighten the plate that spins to adjust the height rather then having two plates tighten aginst each other. I keep stripping then out when the allen bolt seases up no matter how much antisease grease I put on. so they are good enough till sell it. thanks thou