Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Shift Linkage Question *HELP*

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shift Linkage Question *HELP*

I'm picking up a LS Motor from a buddy of mine but he does not have the shift linkage. He told me I needed to get a shift linkage for the motor but he said that mine might work. Can anyone give me some insight on if my D16z6 shift linkage will work and if not what car do I need a shift linkage from to hook up that LS Motor?

I did search under shift linkage but didn't find anything that could help.

Thanks
Old 09-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shift Linkage Question *HELP* (Vtec92Civic)

u need 94+ integra shift linkage
Old 09-04-2004, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Shift Linkage Question *HELP* (JDMisGOOD)

if you have access to a welder and a good saw, after you do the swap then measure, cut and weld your shift linkage that you already have. thats what i did with mine and it came out perfect. i would post pics but right now the hurricane is starting to come in so i cant really get under the car with a camera
Old 09-04-2004, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Shift Linkage Question *HELP* (Vtec92Civic)

um, first, the shift linkage should be in the car itself, if not you can get it for a 94+ Integra or what ever car it is (ebay or google), and 2nd, the ENGINE (not motor ppl, it pisses me off when you say this b/c a motor is electric, an engine is run by gasoline, you have a motor in your car only in your ac compressor, alternator, starter, and various other ELECTRICAL DEVICES...back on topic), the engine does not depend on the linkage, the engine can give a crap less about the shift linkage, your transmission needs the linkage to shift, which is why it's called shift linkage, so get the shift linkage, which should be in the car already, and it hooks up to your tranny