Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH*

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH*

Well I am exhausted and got about 80 bucks left to my name so I think im going to enjoy that 80 bucks and waste it on gas and break this sunbitch in.

If you havent been following this project, heres some history for you from start to finish...

I was driving home from work and I knew something had been wrong with my engine for quite some time, white **** was coming out of my exhaust, I could smell burning oil. And my check engine light kept coming on, then magically went away.

So I drove it had home one day the engine ran strong but as soon as she started idling... the dreadfull knock made its appearance, to add to that my tire blew out on the driver side rear and I got a call later that night january 18th to find out my grandfather died...

Aint that some ****.

So I researched all options, buying a new motor, rebuilding my own motor... I didnt know what to do, but I know I didnt want to get rid of the original engine to my car. So I went with a rebuild...

I contacted inline four, they took forever to get back to me so I was like **** it...
I talked to my friend charlston ong (aka civicferio) and he gave me some options and advised I take it to them at Alaniz Technologies...

So I did... This is what they did to it.
I scraped up the cash and purshase the parts and they did all the labor.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=468996

April 13th I went and picked my engine up. 3 angle valve job, ported and polished head, bored out throttle body and honed out intake manifold, bored and resurfaced the block, put in .25 oversize usdm type r pistons. Just a nice strong stock rebuild.

So w/o further delay... here are the final pics.

Here is what the engine looked like on the 14th of April, I tried to shove it back in, in a day... I realized you can tear a car down a lot ****** faster than you can put it together.

so after getting the new motor mount for the driver bottom side and the two studs for the upper driver mount. I pretty much only got the engine assembled on the ground on the 14th I think. That same week my brother dropped it in, and told me what extra I need to buy...

And I spent from 8 pm friday till 5am saturday working on it... Then got back up this morning at 11 and finished up around 3...

And also installed a tach in my homies car since I came up on some hang ups which ill show you.

HAHA GOT 'IM

here is some pics when I started the project on the 14th of putting it all back together in a day.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=477174

Here is the Final Product

underbody shot...

My brother had the car on the floor yesterday ready to roll, I noticed 1, he didnt install my stock cat-converter heat sheild... i'll fail smog w/o that... back on jacks you go.

As soon as it gets back on the jacks I see this ****!!!

My transmission support wasnt there nor was the flywheel shield... ****** bastard, so then i turn over to the right and see this ****!!!

im like omg...

Pretty much my passenger ball joint boot is busted and its now sunday! horay for picking up a dealer order only part... ill just drive on the bitch and order the part this week.

So then I stand up looking for parts and notice that my brother put my new dristributor cover on, but I see the new tooth disc sitting on my wipers... SONOVA BITCH...

So then I take the distributor cover off and figure this is going to be easy.... Then I find this is why he didnt change it.

And your saying wtf is that, well I had to take the distributor off of the car because I couldnt access this in the position it was in!!!

Now I am trying to figure out how the **** do I get this thing out, and its torque'd in there too.

Yeah your absolutley right I could of ate soup out of the ****** bowl that was in that screw... It was stripped down like a deja vu dancer... I pretty much had to take it to tommy airsaw in VICE grip CITY.

He takes a look at it and says, I can fix it, and ill put my vice grips on it and twist the little ****** till it comes out of its shell.

So after all of the violence I take my newly naked distributor, put it back together and slap it back on the car...

Then get under my car and rethread my front block mount for my tranny support since now I figured out why my brother didnt put that back, and put my shield back on...

and now here are just some random pics for your ****** enjoyment because I love you guys.

How Purdy, Gay-D-M headlights I scored for 250... Could of bought some engine parts with that money funny bunny.

This is what my entire front bumper looks like 2 years after body pro's painted it.. it took me 4 months to get the car back from Derreck, I wasnt about to take it back down there to see if he warrantied his paint. I took the loss and moved on.

Look at that odo, this is a 99 Si I bought with 30 miles on it from the dealer new in april of 99... And whats that, is that the tach idling.... woo hoo

and after all of this I can say.

And the joy on my face after all of the hard work I have done and all of the money I have spent...

I am happy but so sad in away that I had to go through all of this, its like post pardem egine project syndrome.

Just be carefull of what you do with your car's fella's and take care of them, or you too might get to feel what its like to grab your ankles for the honda gods.

Old 04-27-2003, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH* (137)

congrats! sucks for all the trouble you went through, but at least you did that **** yourself.
Old 04-27-2003, 03:56 PM

Default Re: SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH* (137)

nice ride
Old 04-27-2003, 04:03 PM

Default Re: SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH* (redexchris

can't believe you posted that many pics??? how long did it take? as long as your problems to get fixed??? hehe, congrats on gettin her back man, must feel good. good luck on fixin everything else!
Old 04-27-2003, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

enjoy your motor after the break in! goo dluck with it and dyno the sumbitch and give us some numbers!
Old 04-27-2003, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH* (BCRUZ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BCRUZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">enjoy your motor after the break in! goo dluck with it and dyno the sumbitch and give us some numbers!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 04-27-2003, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH* (AWD 18T)

Man, you have some luck At least it's all over and you can finally get to the fun part
Old 04-27-2003, 05:07 PM

Wow, looks like you went through a lot of **** to get that finished product. Nice hatch!
Old 04-27-2003, 05:10 PM

Default Re: SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH* (NOSpeed97)

very nice hatch...good work
Old 04-27-2003, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH* (::mebri::)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ::mebri:: &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">very nice hatch...good work </TD></TR></TABLE>

hatch?...
Old 04-27-2003, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks goood mang, enjoy it.
Old 04-27-2003, 06:01 PM

Default Re: SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH* (tommyboy)

finger lickin good
Old 04-27-2003, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH* (b 1 6 a 2)

nice ride, and sorry about your grandfather. That sucks, but it all payed off in a way, I know how you feel.
Old 04-27-2003, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH* (b 1 6 a 2)

Props and a for a hard worker. Nice hatch BTW. Oh yea that guy screwed you on your paint. You better take it down there and make him repaint it, after you get some rest of course .
Old 04-27-2003, 08:36 PM

Nice ride. Good to see that your back up and running.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:48 PM

Default Re: SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH* (youngkow)

Old 04-27-2003, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow you're finished huh.

congrats for you
Old 04-27-2003, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH* (sshaikh01)

very nice

looks to be a coupe since it is an si
Old 04-27-2003, 10:13 PM

Default Re: SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH* (tominos)

i think its an "si" because of the engine...not the body...notice the unpainted mirrors in the first pic....on the si's the mirrors are color matched...and the wheels...who would give up the Si wheels for hub caps!?? good work, and have fun with your baby back....im hoping to get a GSR this summer....
Old 04-27-2003, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH* (tominos)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tominos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">very nice

looks to be a coupe since it is an si</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think the first two pics are his buddie's car.

He has a 99 SI
Old 04-27-2003, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH* (Daniel)

looks damn good.
Old 04-27-2003, 11:40 PM

Default Re: SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH* (eh neo)

Nice pics and story. Pretty much what life is all about. Dealing with the ups and downs and enojoying the fruit of your labor.
Old 04-28-2003, 12:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH* (jDmDxTuRd)

nice, congrats and hope you enjoy the finished product
Old 04-28-2003, 12:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH* (jDmDxTuRd)

Welp I put about 170 miles on her I drove around some random spots, I put 8 miles on it to go to auto zone with no p/s fluid... I filled that bitch up with damn near two bottles of power steering fluid and called it a day.. Drove it back home...

Then finished the wiring on my friends hatch for his tach... Had some pizza hut, cleaned my garage and made sure all tools were accounted for...

And drove it down to the bank to deposit a check and let it sit and idle... come back to my car from depositing the check and I have a ****** CEL!!!

so now my idle is all over the place but the engine is running fine, so im going to take the car over to peirce college out in the valley to calibrate the tps and the idle and pull that code... I am too tired to do **** else tonite its 1 in the morning and I got to get up in a bit... So peace out maffacka's...

Next project is figuring out where to get the money to refurnish my interior...

I need that boot for the passenger side ball joint, I need 8 tabs for the front bumper that go on between the headlights.

I need the seatbelt female clickity things because I sold them with the stock rails to my car and didnt realize it until I put the recaro's in so now I am wrapping the seatbelt around the inner adjuster...

and thats about it for now folks... I am going to get some well deserved shut eye...

night peoples.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good job wayne

Quick Reply: SHE RUNS... I am finally done... And I have pics of the whole damn thang! *56 DEATH*