Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

A serious discussion on car theft and security measures((Long, please participate))

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A serious discussion on car theft and security measures((Long, please participate)) (BauleyCivic

thanks for the great replies guys... keep em coming..
Old 11-28-2003, 01:53 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: A serious discussion on car theft and security measures((Long, please participate)) (BauleyCivic

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quad-Damge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">2 Not get jacked her is what I ran, im not going to say any brands models
Cliffort Alarm with Blackjax's
Alarm with a Pager (YES U HAVE TO RUN 2 FUCKED ALARMS in the Bay area)
I have Low Jack
I have a Club Twin Hook
I have 2 Autolockers
I removed my Door Locks
I have a Fuel Kill Switch
And I have 6 KILL SWITCHS YES 6, all wired around the car under the rug and ****.
Hood LOCKS A MUST
Hidden Hood Pop Switch
4 Hood Sensor
Tilt Sensor For the Wheels
Wheel Locks
2 Low for the Tow Truck
But i want to get a Boot, my **** = SUPER HARD TO JACK!</TD></TR></TABLE> LOL sorry to say this but i hope you gave some Faulty info. about your Ride cause anybody could be a thieve here on H-T and now a thieve is knowledgeable of your alarm system....

Old 11-28-2003, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

get an autolock, then remove yur ecu, and remove yur battery for extra measures
Old 11-28-2003, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TwistedSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TwistedSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>Best theft deterent evAr...
Old 11-28-2003, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think removing the battery would totally kill the chances of an alarm helping ya.
Old 11-28-2003, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there are a few tricks you can do that will help you out. set your hand brake, leave it in gear, and turn the steering wheel all the way to one side and allow it to lock(this makes towing it very difficult). you can use a switch to kill your main relay, which controls power to the ecu and fuel pump. and my favorite, if you do install an alarm install the horn that comes with the alarm inside the car so that its painfully loud to the theif, and wire the alarm to trigger the factory horn. beep beep beep. i dont know about you but i tend to notice those alarms more than the aftermarket ones beeping randomly.
Old 11-28-2003, 03:49 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And of course, there is the parking issue. Park your car in a garage, or a well lit area where theives think that they would be seen. The downside to parking in a popular area is that the theives will see your car in the first place, whereas if you parked it in a back corner somewhere they would be less likely to see it. Its a lose/lose situation.</TD></TR></TABLE>

my car was parked in a well lit, very populated area and taken at about 9:15pm. i would rather park in an area where your car could be easily seen because it would be easier to see theives breaking into the car. then again, we all know how many good samaritan's there are in the world and i'm sure the police would be notified immediately

all i can say is: keep it garaged, keep it locked, get an alarm, auto lock, and a steering column lock. you really can't do any more than that. if they want it bad enough, they will get it. that's the problem with owning one of the easiest cars to steal.
Old 11-28-2003, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i always park my car in gear and put the ebrake on, get a good alarm system, make sure to park in a good area such as a garage in the night or preferably somewhere people on the road cant see your car. dont go around town letting everyone know what is going on with your car, no parking in mall parking lots
Old 11-28-2003, 05:06 PM

It used to be bad here, before I got my car. The guy that was more of a 'leader' of the group was getting in some heat and fled to like Cali and last I heard I think he is in some pretty good trouble with the cops now. I think it scared most of the others here, so that is pretty good.

But as far as people using a flat bed.. does turning the wheel and it locking prevent a flat bed?
Old 11-28-2003, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tur*bLu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think removing the battery would totally kill the chances of an alarm helping ya.</TD></TR></TABLE>

*beeep* wrong.
Old 11-28-2003, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (s7e)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by s7e &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But as far as people using a flat bed.. does turning the wheel and it locking prevent a flat bed?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope, they can just hoist your front-end on rollers.
Old 11-28-2003, 10:06 PM

Default Re: (JMU1337)

I have a removeable steering wheel, its garage kept, Kill switch and oh yea this one seems to work quite well when i hear the dog barking at odd times.

Old 11-28-2003, 10:42 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: thieves suck... (slow96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slow96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in america there is no safe town even the rich folks get robbed</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not rich, I live in America, and haven't had ONE problem with my car
Old 11-28-2003, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TwistedSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I personally just watch where I park it. It is almost always within earshot so I can hear the alarm. A lot of the time it also has an autolock on it. And when I'm not real sure about things I pull fuses. Oh, and I have this.....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

The ultimate defense i agree. Got me a Beretta 92FS with at 17rd clip for someone who has the ***** to mess with my car. AND i have a silencer on the way as soon as i get my new threaded barrel for the 92. theives b ware
nice glock i believe that is a glock 20 right
Old 11-28-2003, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOJACK
Old 11-28-2003, 11:34 PM
tangb2023

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TwistedSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I personally just watch where I park it. It is almost always within earshot so I can hear the alarm. A lot of the time it also has an autolock on it. And when I'm not real sure about things I pull fuses. Oh, and I have this.....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i hope it is worth going to jail for 25-life over a car.. having a gun would only scare thieves away. more harm to yourself than good..if they were assulting u with a weapen on the other hand .. then it is all good..

Old 11-29-2003, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So name a few alarms which will work all night long with out a battery. Aside from back up battery alarms.
Old 11-29-2003, 08:47 AM

Default Re: (gsr-2nr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsr-2nr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The ultimate defense i agree. Got me a Beretta 92FS with at 17rd clip for someone who has the ***** to mess with my car. AND i have a silencer on the way as soon as i get my new threaded barrel for the 92. theives b ware
nice glock i believe that is a glock 20 right</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its a G30, .45 sub compact. Have you shot a Beretta 92FS with silencer yet? It will be a lot quieter but still too loud for a lot of things. Most auto's have a hard time silencing. We put a silencer on a Mak90 and that thing was amazingly quiet for some reason. Sounded like a pellet gun.

***And for any of you ATF type of people on here, yes it was legit with tax stamp.***
Old 11-29-2003, 08:50 AM

Default Re: (tangb2023)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tangb2023 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i hope it is worth going to jail for 25-life over a car.. having a gun would only scare thieves away. more harm to yourself than good..if they were assulting u with a weapen on the other hand .. then it is all good..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I'm well aware of the laws and know what it takes for me to shoot. Its amazing too, I always see what is needed to shoot legally.

And if you do see someone stealing your car, let them get it started and start driving away. All of a sudden they are coming at you with a deadly weapon and you can shoot all you want. I'll gladly trade bullet holes in my car for a dead car thieve in my yard.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

After hearing all of the posts in this thread, and seeing all the car jackings here, I'm glad I live in a little hick town in MO. Hell, these hoosiers out here would rather run my car over than steal it.

And like the one person said, keep the body mods to a minimum. This is one reason I actually am glad I'm not going turbo. That nice FMIC is just screaming "steal me".
Old 11-29-2003, 10:39 AM

Default Re: (gsr-2nr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsr-2nr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

nice glock i believe that is a glock 20 right</TD></TR></TABLE>

heh i have a 92FS as well, with 17 rnd mag also. let me know if you can where i could go about finding a threaded barrel and silencer

Just an FYI to anybody crazy enough to do this.. if you really want to take out a thief silently, a compound bow or crossbow will do the job. just park in an area you know thieves regularly hit, and hide out in the woods and wait. the only sound you will hear is the thiefs screams

thieves are the lowest lifeforms on the planet, down there with murderers, rapists, terrorists and child molesters so they deserve it. we all know the police arent doing anything to crack down on it
Old 11-29-2003, 11:10 AM

Default Re: (Synthesis)

well i just got a decent alarm with ignition disabler and that solves everything other that vandals but there isn't much you can do about that short of sleeping in your car with a weapon know what i mean theives suck and that is how it will always be unfortunantly
Old 11-29-2003, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (scratchy)

I've got an alarm, with motion sensor. I've got it wired up to my whole ignition so that if you havent hit the unlock button on the alarm within the last 20 seconds, the whole ignition system goes down. Also, I have my fuel system wired to my seatbelt so both have to be done for the car to run. Other than that I watch where I park and try to keep the interior free of stuff that people would like to grab.
Old 11-29-2003, 11:58 AM

Ok guys a very simple yet effective way to prevent your precious from being stolen can be achieved with $5 and 20minutes. Get a relay switch or any single throw mechanism, ie. light switch, you can find these at Radio Shack or your sisters dancing barney =P
Find your ignition wire and snippy snip the wire. hook the switch between the two ends and there you have it. When you leave your car flip the switch and your ignition wire will be disconnected rendering it useless. Make sure you hide it somewhere only you can find. If a theif is in your car and they can not start it, it will not occur to them you have this set up becuase not many people use it and even if they knew, they wont know where you hid your switch. They have something similar to this called ProLock but that is like $150 bucks and their switch is so obviously put under the igntion.
There it is, prevents theives form getting away with your car, if you want to prevent them from getting in...build a fort around your car with spare tires, imagine your club is an m16 and kiss your @ss goodbye because they can get in no matter what
Old 11-29-2003, 12:18 PM
They Call Me Banned

1) ignition and fuel kill switches
2)Unbreakable Auto lock-X is must have(leave the car in gear and put it on your clutch)
3)a good alarm
4)watch were you park your car(if you park your car out side of your home i suggest you get a motion sensored spot light)
5)Pull the ECU out of your car
6)hood locks

those sould be the basic things you need/should do

most of the time if the theif cant get the car going within a certain amount of time he/she would probably give up and the more saftey devices you have on your car would surely lower their self estiem about making off with your ride

If you have any questions or anything..i know awhole lot more i just dont wanna give off any hints on ways to get around them..so give me an e-mail and ill shoot you some pointers..

Bay area car theft is very bad

Quick Reply: A serious discussion on car theft and security measures((Long, please participate))