Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Seat Belt Harness question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Belt Harness question...

I performed a search, and all that turned back was some EF Civic results. Still good information, but I need to ask about my car in particular, so here.

I have a 1994 Civic EX, and I race mostly in Auto Cross... And I get thrown around quite a bit, so I decided to invest in some form of Racing Harness.

I saw this one guy at the last Auto Cross with an Integra who had his Shoulder Straps mounted to the stock rear seat mounting points. He said he has never had a problem with them. However, I have heard that this is not the safest way to go about installing a Harness.

Then I was told I need to get a Harness bar... Great. To which I read in a seperate thread 'Harness bars are fine for safety, until you are involved in a Roll Over, because then you can't slide over and down to protect yourself from head related trauma.'

Sounds valid...

Then I read the best way to go is to get a Roll Cage, and just do it right.

I wouldn't imagine this would be something I would want to half ***... Does anyone have any good input on this subject? Or perhaps any links to past discussions that I possibly missed?

Thanks in advance,