Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

scammed: Sportcompactpro.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scammed: Sportcompactpro.com

I'm sure you have all seen this in import tuner and other magazines. "get your car sponsored!!" This company makes you fill out a application online and tells you that you will be judged to determine if you qualify for a sponsorship up to $12,000, and that if you do get a sponsorship all you will have to do is pay a $88 application fee. Well i got a sponsorship, and i got charged $88 dollars. Seems great, but when you get the actual details they tell you that the sponsorship is not a cash value, however they will cover 50% of any purchases i make with their company and they will pay 50% of it up to my sponsorship amount. so that means in order for me to get the "sponsorship" in full i have to spend $24,000. Now i work for a aftermarket company, i already can get parts below 50% off retail. This is obviously some marketing scam to get people to buy from this company. The main problem tho is that they charge you that $88 application fee which is not refund able. I called them to tell them i'm not interested, and this is a sample of how it went....

scammer: what car do you have?
me: a del sol.
s: and you dont think you need a sponsorship? ha
m:excuse me? did you just serioulsy made fun of the fact that i have del sol?
s: look dude, obviously you need this sponsorship to make you car a show car.

i couldnt believe that.....than after i informed them of what i do and who i know, the guy got really scared. He realized that i have a lot of pull in this industry. So he told me to call back tomorrow cuz he was busy. Well i refused and so he just hung up on me.

Has anyone else had a problem with these guys?

if you havent please dont fall for this crap. Its people like this that makes the aftermarket industy so shady. People trying to make money off our desire to make our cars into something special. I pity these guys.

Honestly, its a pretty smart marketing idea they came up with, but the $88 application fee is total crap. Thats going way to far.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: scammed: Sportcompactpro.com

put this in a different section, viewed by more users

thanks for the info tho
Old 11-09-2004, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: scammed: Sportcompactpro.com (krazeinmind)

damn you fell for the scam.. some dumbass has this post somewhere on here. about getting sponsored by paying some cash..

true sponsors and people in the business know you never pay anything to get sponsored thats the whole point of being sponsored.

i wish i could remember what this guys name was... he ofcoarse got ripped a new ******* for it...

Old 11-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: scammed: Sportcompactpro.com (cxSHOE)

sorry to hear man, that sucks ..thats pretty messed up how he flamed you for owning a del sol too
Old 11-09-2004, 04:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: scammed: Sportcompactpro.com (krazeinmind)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krazeinmind &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Now i work for a aftermarket company, i already can get parts below 50% off retail.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

see you are full of crap......there are very very very few parts that are 50% below retail in the aftermarker IMPORT market.....
Old 11-09-2004, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: scammed: Sportcompactpro.com (chad)

"hey i'll send u a MILLION dollars and a hot chick, but you have to send me $40 bucks to cover some administation fees"...

Man, i feel sorry for people who fall for such scams... always remember..:

IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE... IT PROBABLY IS...

GL, gettin ya $$ back..
Old 11-09-2004, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: scammed: Sportcompactpro.com (92HB_HB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92HB_HB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"hey i'll send u a MILLION dollars and a hot chick, but you have to send me $40 bucks to cover some administation fees"...

Man, i feel sorry for people who fall for such scams... always remember..:

IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE... IT PROBABLY IS...

GL, gettin ya $$ back..</TD></TR></TABLE>

only a million....

what if i send 70 will you send me 2 million 2 hot girls
Old 11-10-2004, 11:20 AM

Default Re: scammed: Sportcompactpro.com (chad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

see you are full of crap......there are very very very few parts that are 50% below retail in the aftermarker IMPORT market.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

there are very few parts available for 50% below retail for YOU but trust me i can get a good amount of stuff below 50% below MSRP of the products. I'm not saying all parts but a good amount. Remeber to operate a successful business a company generally makes at least 30% off the cost of the product for that company. Check out visionautodynamics.com, i'm a account executive there soo i know i can get parts.

Modified by krazeinmind at 9:13 PM 11/10/2004