Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Rust-free, non-modified, 92-95 Honda civic Si's extinct?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rust-free, non-modified, 92-95 Honda civic Si's extinct?

Whats the deal? I have been in the market for months and months looking for a Honda Civic HB Si that is stock or barely modified that has no rust and I have not found one! Where are they at? Everything i find is either swapped and hacked into or rusting to death. Am I asking for too much? All i want is a 92-95 civic hb that has little to no rust and that hasnt been swapped b18s into. Last one that fit the criteria was going for 5k and another one i saw went for 4k.

Whats going on?

BTW i live in MA and i have searched a 200 miles radius on the internet. Only idea i have is to drive around used car dealerships. Is there where they are!
Old 12-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rust-free, non-modified, 92-95 Honda civic Si's extinct? (HBKFanatic)

yes they are extinct.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rust-free, non-modified, 92-95 Honda civic Si's extinct? (roachsboosted16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roachsboosted16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes they are extinct. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Just bc i took what you said into a sig?ahhaha
Old 12-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rust-free, non-modified, 92-95 Honda civic Si's extinct? (HBKFanatic)

My buddy just picked one up . Is there any reason why it has to be the Si model?
Old 12-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well you are going to need to get like 500 miles from boston to find some non-rusty ones
Old 12-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rust-free, non-modified, 92-95 Honda civic Si's extinct? (cln92eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cln92eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My buddy just picked one up . Is there any reason why it has to be the Si model?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I want to turbo for one so i would like to be on the upper hand with that. I love Z6s, they sound sick IMHO. I dont have the space to swap or the tools or the money for that. Plus where would i get a z6 if i can barely find an Si? Anyways thats just one reason. Another big reason is that is has the sunroof. Just my idea of a sunday drive . I also like the interior and the tach equipped gauge cluster. Then you take that beautiful black dash and appreciate it The rear disks are not available on the other trims and the 94 had ABS
Also the right side mirror was optional on the other trims so you dont always find one. The Si has 14 inch steelies with hubcabs in which i think look pretty cool. Not to mention that they come in nicer colors like the captiva blue pearl and milano red. Rusty teal CX hatches (Teal is cool but not on stock cars.)
Old 12-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got ya well all good reasons to get one lol well just wait and i am sure one will pop up
Old 12-23-2007, 08:14 PM
I said I don't want a title!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you're complaining about finding a stock one, yet when you do you're going to make it non-stock--just like the rest out there.

Seems rather ironic...
Old 12-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rust-free, non-modified, 92-95 Honda civic Si's extinct? (Todd00)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Todd00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So you're complaining about finding a stock one, yet when you do you're going to make it non-stock--just like the rest out there.

Seems rather ironic...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good point however I dont plan on putting dohc stickers and B swaps or CF lips and Koni suspensions.

It will be 100% stock. Ill put a nice CD player if the stock radio isnt there and Ill need to get winter tires but thats it. I only plan on gettin a turbo after i get sick of it which if i get one now will be only happening when summer comes along if not later.

Ill get my joy from hitting VTEC entering the highway and cleaning my engine bay and tires.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Also its not like im being picky. Id still buy one if it has aftermarket rims and whateveer, as long as it doesnt add the price too high and looks too modified.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:30 PM

You're asking for problems later on if you're going to drive a 92-95 hatch in the winter salt. I think I'd stick with something a little less 'rare' for a salt-beater.

And a properly done suspension won't hurt the car, and it can be easily reversed. A turbo...not so much. I think a car with a good setup suspension is more fun to drive than a turbo car anyways.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That car is becoming a rare breed so imo you will not pick one up very cheap. If that is the car you WANT make it rain and buy that bitch! If you are in fact set on that car you will not regret it. The "Si" always adds a few coins to the cost anyways. GL!
Old 12-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would imagine that your best odds of finding one are in Florida or other southern states....no road salt.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (andoxviii)

One time i was going to go to alabama to pick one up

I WANT an Si. Thats set. Im willing to spend 4K on one....

4,000 i can have a turbo, or a b16, or even a GSR CX!
Old 12-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (andoxviii)

The only reason to get an Si - you can't turn a wrench to put on a $75 worth of OEM arms & sway bars, you neeed a sunroof, and you think a hatch is incredibly light compaired to an EX. An EX's only difference's are the minimal extra weight and no stock rear sway. A rust-free EX w/D16Z6 isn't hard to find. Mine came from VA @40k miles and has seen 4-5 Wisconsin winters, and still is still rust-fee.

As for an Si vs other hatchbacks - they don't have the weight of the sunroof, no rear sway, usually less sound-dampening material, no cool vt@k, and usually no A/C.

You can find swapped hatches with B18's that just need some work. It would be easier and less time/money intensive to buy one of those projects and fix it up properly.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: (HiProfile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only reason to get an Si - you can't turn a wrench to put on a $75 worth of OEM arms & sway bars, you neeed a sunroof, and you think a hatch is incredibly light compaired to an EX. An EX's only difference's are the minimal extra weight and no stock rear sway. A rust-free EX w/D16Z6 isn't hard to find. Mine came from VA @40k miles and has seen 4-5 Wisconsin winters, and still is still rust-fee.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, but some people prefer hatchbacks because they look nicer...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HBKFanatic)

I had a 94 Si and wouldn't do it any other way. I just wish they would have come with power windows and tweeters like the EX.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HiProfile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only reason to get an Si - you can't turn a wrench to put on a $75 worth of OEM arms & sway bars, you neeed a sunroof, and you think a hatch is incredibly light compaired to an EX. An EX's only difference's are the minimal extra weight and no stock rear sway. A rust-free EX w/D16Z6 isn't hard to find. Mine came from VA @40k miles and has seen 4-5 Wisconsin winters, and still is still rust-fee.

As for an Si vs other hatchbacks - they don't have the weight of the sunroof, no rear sway, usually less sound-dampening material, no cool vt@k, and usually no A/C.

You can find swapped hatches with B18's that just need some work. It would be easier and less time/money intensive to buy one of those projects and fix it up properly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I like hatchbacks, not coupes! Id rather get a rusty Si than a clean EG coupe
Old 12-23-2007, 09:17 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HBKFanatic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">One time i was going to go to alabama to pick one up

I WANT an Si. Thats set. Im willing to spend 4K on one....

4,000 i can have a turbo, or a b16, or even a GSR CX!</TD></TR></TABLE>

If someone has a nice Si hatch and knows what they have, you'll have to shell out a lot more than 4K for it.

Your best bet is to pick one up from a ricer, for cheap, then restore it.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Todd00)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Todd00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If someone has a nice Si hatch and knows what they have, you'll have to shell out a lot more than 4K for it.

Your best bet is to pick one up from a ricer, for cheap, then restore it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have no trouble fixing a car, however i cant even find riced out Sis!
Old 12-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Todd00)

Come buy my 91 CRX for $600 down here in Texas. Rust-free, and with 212k miles, it's ready for a good motor swap. With the extra $3400 you'll have, you can do any damn thing you want to it.

Sounds like a steal to me! I'll even take you out for steak dinners or whatever you want.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dramier)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dramier &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Come buy my 91 CRX for $600 down here in Texas. Rust-free, and with 212k miles, it's ready for a good motor swap. With the extra $3400 you'll have, you can do any damn thing you want to it.

Sounds like a steal to me! I'll even take you out for steak dinners or whatever you want.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

hhahaah thats what im talking about right there!

I found a real clean cheap Si here too, 91. However my love for the EG must be fulfilled.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dramier &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Come buy my 91 CRX for $600 down here in Texas. Rust-free, and with 212k miles, it's ready for a good motor swap. With the extra $3400 you'll have, you can do any damn thing you want to it.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is what is so hard to find around where I live is a CRX. Anyone who has one has it modified already or wants way to much for it.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2tonecivic21)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2tonecivic21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That is what is so hard to find around where I live is a CRX. Anyone who has one has it modified already or wants way to much for it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Like I said, bone stock unmodified CRX for sale right here. $600.

Can't beat that with a stick.

Around here most people are more interested in newer HB's or Si Civics rather than CRX's. I would build it up myself, but I already have an EJ with a B18B turbo, so it's kinda an "extra" car. Once I finish the Civic I'm starting on the S2000, so the CRX is going to be sitting in my driveway waaaaaay too damn long. Come buy it? Please? Heh..

Old 12-23-2007, 11:08 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Of course they're out there. But you're looking within 200 miles of Boston, MA.

Quick Reply: Rust-free, non-modified, 92-95 Honda civic Si's extinct?