Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

running on STOCK SHOCKS? with.. after market springs?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default running on STOCK SHOCKS? with.. after market springs?!

wassup guys.. i was wondering how your ride is with aftermarket springs, but stock shocks..? bumpy ride.. or rides like stock? because im thinking of getting some neuspeed springs...
Old 11-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: running on STOCK SHOCKS? with.. after market springs?! (BadEH2)

I run some old school RS*R springs on stock shocks. It's not real bouncy, but not real stiff either. I guess it's okay.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:30 PM

Default Re: running on STOCK SHOCKS? with.. after market springs?! (Ricey McRicerton)

really? becuase i have some cheap *** coilovers that came with my car.. its called DROPZONE or sumshit.. its really disgusting.. um... wenever i go over like a uneven pavement.. the springs go out of place.. and when they pop back in.. it makes a LOUD *** CLING noise, like something broke.. im gettin real annoyed of that ****... neway.. im thinking of getting 2.00 in the front and like 1.75 rear.. ? good? or to high?
Old 11-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The reason they do that is becuase they're coilovers. They're adjusted down short so the car sits at a good height, but are too short and move around when the shocks travel to a more extended position.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:36 PM

Default Re: running on STOCK SHOCKS? with.. after market springs?! (Ricey McRicerton)

do all coilover kits do that?!? b/c i get sick of hearing that LOUD *** DING or CLING... embarassing also.. people look at my car and say WTF IS WRONG WITH HIS SHI*... lol plus.. my ride is bumpy as hell... one time i went over some kind of bump, i hit my head on the roof of my car... :-\ thats how bumpy it is..
Old 11-01-2004, 08:38 PM

try owning a del sol with cut springs lol
Old 11-01-2004, 08:41 PM

I just put in skunk2 coilovers last night with stock grs struts and the front feels great but the back seems a bit stiff. I dont have the bang noises. But Im about 1/2 or less from the wheel well lip to my tire so Im still not that low. try to turn yours up a bit or the struts may be blown.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:41 PM

Default Re: running on STOCK SHOCKS? with.. after market springs?! (IAmTheBestEvar)

lol, my friend told me to do that.. he said your car rides bumpy also... but he said its comfortable BUMPY, my bumpy is like STIFF enough it hurts...
Old 11-01-2004, 08:43 PM

Default Re: running on STOCK SHOCKS? with.. after market springs?! (cappa)

its not my struts dude, its the spring that goes on the coilover... that **** moves around... lets say i raise my car up on a jack stand, it moves around, its VERY VERY LOOSE.. um.. then wen i put it back down.. it doesnt go into place, so when im driving, and i go over something uneven, it would pop into place(that LOUD *** CLING NOISE) ... mayb because this coilover is retarded.. neway i need to get me some springs..
Old 11-01-2004, 08:46 PM

Im just saying the struts can be blown and it will make the car ride bouncy. Does the coilovers have the rubber o rings on them? if it does then either you have the wrong set of coilovers, have your car too low, or when they installed the coilovers they didnt cut the bump stops.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:48 PM

yeah, mayb its the rubber thing, rings.. or w.e, my front has those rubber things, but my rear doesnt.. n my rear is the only ones that make that noise.. so i guess ill try that out..
Old 11-01-2004, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

stock struts with tein s-tech springs. 1.9 front and 1.7 rear drops. rides just as good as stock with a better stance.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:52 PM

but not cutting the bumpstomps will make it stiff, not much bouncy..i think his shocks are blown if u are bouncing that much and u hit ur head. lol, i had a teg g2 before and had those crappy versus $55 coilovers before and it was slammed to the ground and it was bouncy but not bouncy where i would hit my head though..lol, it was a nice bouncy yet not too cut spring ricer bouncy..try changing out ur shocks to some tockio hp, i know versus sells them for like $250 for all 4..than see how the ride is..why, cause i had a eg coupe too before and i had the same thing tockio hp with drop zone coilovers slammed to the ground and it rode nice and good, till around 1200 miles than the shocks went bad. but tats my sugestion get some new shocks n than see how it goes..if not than get some teins or some omoni power for around $800 for a decent start off true coilover system..
Old 11-01-2004, 08:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BadEH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its not my struts dude, its the spring that goes on the coilover... that **** moves around... lets say i raise my car up on a jack stand, it moves around, its VERY VERY LOOSE.. um.. then wen i put it back down.. it doesnt go into place, so when im driving, and i go over something uneven, it would pop into place(that LOUD *** CLING NOISE) ... mayb because this coilover is retarded.. neway i need to get me some springs.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats cause its a aftermarket spring and its wayyyy smaller than a stock one so it will move out of place when u jack the car up, as far it moving while u are driving maybe when u lower the car back down from the jack it never sat in the grove? try geting a friend or by urslef and raise the car back up, n than lower it back down n watch the spring..see if it sits in the cup at the top of the strut. than lower it back down, sounds like the spring aint sittting right
Old 11-01-2004, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: running on STOCK SHOCKS? with.. after market springs?! (8o8da9speed)

the ride is not that bad with most springs initially. but, after a while the shocks wear out since they werent designed to hold back such forces then the ride deteriorates and become bumpy and feels like ****.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:42 PM

Default Re: running on STOCK SHOCKS? with.. after market springs?! (IAmTheBestEvar)

lol...

Yes I totally agree...

« Re: running on STOCK SHOCKS? with.. after market springs?! (BadEH2) « » 9:38 PM 11/1/2004 Reply Edit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

try owning a del sol with cut springs lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have a car

I own a Del Sol with .. *sob cut springs ....
and let me tell you it's like being on a trampoline....

bleh...