Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Roommates F***ING CIVIC STOLEN !!!!! 2000 Civic Hatch - silver, DOPE as all hell, but now GONE

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Roommates F***ING CIVIC STOLEN !!!!! 2000 Civic Hatch - silver, DOPE as all hell, but now GONE

WTF.
Early Monday morning in Rochester NY (upstate) my roomies Silver 2000 Civic Hatchback, originally a Canadian model SE was stolen outside of his girlfriends house downtown. In a nice part of town too... wtf.

He is fuggin PISSED to all hell and back, that car was dope as fuc* and did NOT even have a swap!!!!!!! It had a stock DX motor!!!!!!!! STUPID THIEVES! Sunday is typical ricer-street-racer-bullsh*t night and I am sure some young buck took an ego slam but decided to feel better about themselves by stealing someone elses lovely Civic.
I feel bad for my friend here, since he waited to buy a newer car until he found one that was minty mint bodywise and had a super cleanness to it... sad ending to this so far... and now he is ready to just ride a crotchrocket since Fun Hondas are theft magnets nowadays.

WTF..... I'm still in disbelief.
What, someones ruining his summer so they can have a 2000 front end on their 96-98 Civic? Or what, they wanted his Canadian kph cluster THAT badly? They took it for his 5 year old Rota "speed" wheels? Or was it for his oh-so-rare Eibach Sportline springs on stock DX shocks?!??!?! Oh maybe the 3 strut towwer bars? Gimme a break. His insurance is gonna rip him a new azzhole and the thiefs will make out like bandits. Fuggin great.

Stolen in Rochester NY (upstate) on 7/28/03 between 1am and 7am - - -
2000 Civic Hatch (Canadian SE model = USA DX)
OEM Silver (all mouldings, handles, license plate frame, SIR grille, sideskirts+SIR lip)
RSX-R steering wheel, Integra GSR gray cloth seats
Suspension Techniques swaybars, Eibach Sportlines
Neuspeed upper rear and both lower tiebars, Skunk2 front upper tiebar
AEM CAI, 5zigen axleback
Rota speed 16x7 wheels (6 pairs of spokes like old sparco racing wheels)
Yokohama Parada 215/45r16
DC shortshifter and charcoal DC shiftknob
Smoked CTR style headlights... DIY-->kinda messy around edges of seal.

Again, what the fugg is going on! I am goin' out and driving around looking for that car, and if I find the guys that took it, they are gonna be in some DEEP ****. Thanks for your time and condolences.
-Owen
Old 07-28-2003, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Roommates F***ING CIVIC STOLEN !!!!! 2000 Civic Hatch - silver, DOPE as all hell, but now GONE (

Old 07-28-2003, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Roommates F***ING CIVIC STOLEN !!!!! 2000 Civic Hatch - silver, DOPE as all hell, but now GONE (

that sucks...
Old 07-28-2003, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry for the loss man..isnt that shitty that now days you cant keep nothing nice without some jealous mother *ucker wanting it to thieves

adaM
Old 07-28-2003, 06:58 PM
I forgot more about hondas then you will ever know....

Location: hop,skip, and a jump from the city,, new friggin york, USA

wow, that sucks. sorry owen. your roomate has my sympathy. fuggin thieves
Old 07-28-2003, 06:59 PM

im so sorry for him... i cant, or dont want to, even begin to think of what it feels like to get your car jucked. i hate it when hondas get jacked
Old 07-28-2003, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn, that happen in RIT in New York? I can't believe the thieves really want the car bad with old aftermarket parts on the Civic. This is the first time I heard your friend's Civic stolen there. Fawk thieves, I hope the Civic get recover.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That suks man,
I had my car ganked last dec. It was recovered about 3 weeks later for a total loss.... Sometimes they gank them for the shell and what little amount of upgrades you have...........thieves suk
Old 07-28-2003, 07:29 PM

He have insurance? I hope it's recovered. Best of luck.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Did he have some kind of antitheft device? Seems a lot of people spend a lot of money on their cars but don't invest in an antitheft device. And don't BS me with "they don't work." Nothing is 100% fool proof. Yes, I know that already. But something is better than nothing.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah something is ALWAYS better than nothing..... its not that it will prevent it.....but rather look at it as obstacles they will have to overcome..... if someone is gonna steal a car...why not make it as difficult as you can for them.... and maybe by the time they're done youre out there beatin the livin crap out of their ***.....

i got me an alarm, club, autolock, and some other things
Old 07-28-2003, 11:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just graduated RIT, let me tell you, within 3 weeks, 3 Si's WERE STOLEN, 2 were from Rustic Village Apartments (in between 15 and 15a). Where did his happen? Any they have 2 POS security van's driving around at night

Mine could have been next, but at the time all the thefts were going on, I was having body work done. BTW this was in February of this year.

I have lots of friends up there, maybe I can help you.

Sorry to hear bro, but i'd def want to know where the car got stolen from. They found my buddies car stripped, no engine, tranny, NOTHING
Old 07-29-2003, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that blows, **** we gotta put up with for living in NY.. i just took my ecu out of my car tonite since its rainy and thieves feel lucky.. cant start the whip without the hondata ecu.. hehe
Old 07-29-2003, 01:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry to hear that Owen - thats pure BULLSH*T fuggin' thieves - if there's anything i can do, letme know
Old 07-29-2003, 02:07 AM

thats prettty shitty man
Old 07-29-2003, 04:10 AM

****, I thought i was safe from the thieves up in this shithole. Good luck with your friends car, i hope its recovered unmolested.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the kind words guys.
Yeah he did have an alarm on that car too, no hood pin for the alarm so maybe they knew that and popped the hood to clip the battery?... that alarm he had was a beast of an alarm too.

What really sucks is that he is the guy that got me into Hondas, Suspension Tuning, Swaps, Autocrossing and Trackschools... now he is totally turned off from the Honda Tuning scene.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well chances are because it has a stock motor that the car will likely be recovered. all the aftermarket stuff will be gone but i guess thats better than being left with nothing. goes out to all the victims of pansy *** thieves.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:35 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by owen_the_soyboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What really sucks is that he is the guy that got me into Hondas, Suspension Tuning, Swaps, Autocrossing and Trackschools... now he is totally turned off from the Honda Tuning scene. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It's hard when the master turns away from the student...or so in a sense.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:38 AM

That is the worst.... sounds a lot like my 99 VSM hatch that was stolen. Sorry to hear about your friends loss. Hope something good comes out of it for him.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Update-
The cops found it completely stripped/gutted, no front end either. Be on the lookout for those parts around classifieds and ebay, but I guess the books are closed on this one. It was found in Rochester too! never thought it would get this baad in town... usualyl they all end up out of state if they are this stripped.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry to hear that, man.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damn!

friggin thieves!!!!!
Old 08-01-2003, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damm owen that sucks.. tell Dave im sorry, but he is better off now... i know he loved that car, but the Honda scene is gay now... ever mother and brother in the word has 1 or wants 1 and its not worth it...

tell him to look into shydiving or riding... it is alot more fun...
Old 08-01-2003, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry to hear that. check urbanracer.com and thepartstrader.com since alot of stolen stuff is sold on those sites.

Quick Reply: Roommates F***ING CIVIC STOLEN !!!!! 2000 Civic Hatch - silver, DOPE as all hell, but now GONE