Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

The right way to put a Teg dash in your Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 08:48 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: new jersey home of wanna be's posers claimers ricers biters and where everyone fakes the funk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The right way to put a Teg dash in your Hatch

what would be the right way, easiest and correst way of going on about an 94-up teg dash in your 92-95 civic? A few friends i have seen done but seem to have some problems. what would be the right way? teg dash harness? tell me HELP!
Old 04-01-2004, 09:14 AM

Default Re: The right way to put a Teg dash in your Hatch (NJHatch)

https://honda-tech.com/zerosearch <<<use it.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:57 AM

whats the point, its getting played out like altezzas.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:15 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: new jersey home of wanna be's posers claimers ricers biters and where everyone fakes the funk
Default Re: (NYCautosport.com)

bc it beats my blue dash
Old 04-02-2004, 09:21 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (NJHatch)

so i have a 94 VX

can someone list everything i would need to complete this swap right?
Old 04-02-2004, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

use the search button! its been gone over SEVERAL times!
Old 04-02-2004, 01:25 PM

Default Re: (JDMisGOOD)

does anyone know if u have to the teg's heat boxes? have the dash out so far easier than i thought took half an hour
Old 04-02-2004, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NYCautosport.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whats the point, its getting played out like altezzas.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Have you ever tryed to mount gauges that are easily visible and lowkey at the same time in a hatch? The stock dash doesn't work for that. The teg dash has the dual bezel support, the round dimmer/cruise holes to use and the 2 din slots. Its ideal for lowkey gauges, its basically the reason i'm doing mine. Plus using a cluster that actually relays semi-correct tach numbers.

oh yeah, use the search. The info is out there, only thing not out yet is a visual diagram.

Modified by splitime at 4:53 PM 4/2/2004
Old 04-02-2004, 01:46 PM

Default Re: (ecksman)

You don't need the whole heater core out the teg, just the white piece on the windshield vent. and make sure you keep the side mounting plates off of the integra. you'll also need to cut the gray plug off of your civic harness. all the others will plug right up.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:44 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (DC2EGHB)

should i keep my stock dash harness? or get a teg one?
Old 04-04-2004, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NJHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">should i keep my stock dash harness? or get a teg one?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just used a 94 LS teg dash/gsr cluster (unknown year) and teg harness from a 94 LS.

Steps:
Open the teg grey plug (green/blue/grey plugs at fuse box) and remove the yel/blk and the wire below it (two end wires). Trim the grey plug of the 2 wires/holes that it doesn't need so it can fit into the civic fusebox. If you line the teg/civic plugs up, you'll see the 2 that need to be removed for it fit right in.

Take the yel/blk left over from the trimming and tap it into the yellow wire in the middle of the green plug for some power for blinkers

Done (I think thats it for wiring, other than plugging everything else into the teg dash components.)

I used a paper clip to get my interior dash lights to work (i don't have a dimmer switch atm).

The only thing that doesn't appear to be working is my climate control lights, that may be from me messing with the bulbs before the install though.

Old 04-04-2004, 10:20 PM

keep the civic dash... change the bulbs JDM
Old 04-05-2004, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bunz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bunz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">keep the civic dash... change the bulbs JDM</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the advice genius. While your're at it, convert it to black vinyl.... and make me a custom dual gauge bezel pod.... and give me 2.5 din locations.... and a functional cup holder.... and a tray by the ebrake.... and an armrest...... Thanks.

Modified by splitime at 10:58 AM 4/5/2004
Old 04-05-2004, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

oh get lost bitch
search is there for a reason...to cut down on redundant, repetitive, repeating topics.
We dont need unlimted number of topics all on the same thing. Since its been covered an answer can easily be found.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NYCautosport.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whats the point, its getting played out like altezzas.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So what? He should not do that and just do whatever's cool right now? It's his car dude, let him do what he wants.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So are BS replies like this
Old 04-05-2004, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (splitime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by splitime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thanks for the advice genius. While your're at it, convert it to black vinyl.... and make me a custom dual gauge bezel pod.... and give me 2.5 din locations.... and a functional cup holder.... and a tray by the ebrake.... and an armrest...... Thanks.

Modified by splitime at 10:58 AM 4/5/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually, if you just got a EG audio console and armrest, that would solve all these problems. You can mount 3 guages in the factory DIN location, and you have the audio console for your radio, map pocket etc..., cup holder in the armrest and you don't rip your dash apart. I have nothing against anyone puting an integra dash in, but i like to keep things simple.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:05 AM

Default Re: (92b16vx)

i love mine. and people that say are played out are 16 year old loosers.

anyways use the civic wire harness and strach it,and change the cluster plugs and use a 94-96 integra top heater core plastic piece. cut away and trim the part where the gauge cluster sits. i trimmed my door panels and diggy dam slam yo done. it was a lot of work i wouldnt do one again.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:53 AM

Default Re: (H23vtecEG)

Why do you fools even post "search button?" It just keeps this thread at the top of the page you morons. Its called the "back" button. Hell, I even have one on my mouse. It takes about .2 seconds to click it and you're on your merry way to another topic.

To make this relevant, the most often forgot about step is grabing those mounting brackets from the teg, like mentioned above.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

when you search every one has a different way they did it or think the did it.......there really should be a detailed how to thread on this i would diffenetly do this swap if i had a lil better and solid info to go on!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2004, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (b18c1hooptie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18c1hooptie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats my point, if you want them using the search function then dont ******* sit here and troll their thread...jsut dont reply, i know, i know, that would include using your mind and that is hard for most of you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you are as much at fault for flaming the flames.
next time, use the report to a mod button.
and yes, this topic has gone over a ton of times, so it would be easier to search, rather than someone typing up a whole how-to on it
Old 04-05-2004, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eghatch4sale)

Actually there is a awesome thread on here with pics, and every detail, but most things when you search turn up 10+ reply threads saying nothing but "search", and you have to wade through a hundred threads like this to find anything useful.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (92b16vx)

this thread should help you out a little bit.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=94431
Old 04-05-2004, 09:28 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh get lost bitch
search is there for a reason...to cut down on redundant, repetitive, repeating topics.
We dont need unlimted number of topics all on the same thing. Since its been covered an answer can easily be found.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And we've all heard that excuse for not being helpful before too, ******. If you don't know the answer to a question, keep your ignorance to yourself. If you do know the answer, type a good response for the person asking.

I'm so sick of these idiots with 2500+ posts who don't actually know jack **** about cars. It's like they managed to accumulate their count by going from thread to thread posting "search, noob!" and "ibtl" and "ROFLMAO ". Gay. And people wonder why this site is declining.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:43 AM

Default Re: (Archidictus)

i like that shirt

Quick Reply: The right way to put a Teg dash in your Hatch