Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Right side brights not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right side brights not working

I posted this in the lighting section, but I didn't get many replies, so I'm hoping to get more here since this is where everyone goes.

I have an EG6.
Both of my headlights work fine, for the most part. The thing is when I turn on the brights, the passenger side brights don't work. I've checked the wires and everything SEEMS to be in place and I've replaced the bulbs.
I'm so very confused. It seems like my car is just falling apart

Anyways, I would appreciate any and all feedback.
Thanks
Old 01-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Right side brights not working (Commiecircusbear)

It could be your combination switch - I've seen that **** do all sorts of crazy **** when it's ready to go. The most common event is having low beams, but not having high, or vice versa. Though I've seen that stupid switch cause trouble like you're describing (with certain lights on at different times) in EVERY shape and form on EVERY Type of car, domestic, import, you name it - when that switch bites it the headlights get owned.

That's where I'd place my money first.

Also, I know the '92-'95 models have 4 separate fuses for left bright, right bright, left low, and right low - in the underdash fuse box.

Check the fuse for the right high.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Right side brights not working (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It could be your combination switch - I've seen that **** do all sorts of crazy **** when it's ready to go. The most common event is having low beams, but not having high, or vice versa. Though I've seen that stupid switch cause trouble like you're describing (with certain lights on at different times) in EVERY shape and form on EVERY Type of car, domestic, import, you name it - when that switch bites it the headlights get owned.

That's where I'd place my money first.

Also, I know the '92-'95 models have 4 separate fuses for left bright, right bright, left low, and right low - in the underdash fuse box.

Check the fuse for the right high.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that makes a lot of sense to me, but before i even checked it when i thought of it I asked somone and I was told that both the headlights have the same fuse.
AND, my headlight switch is kinda ****. The opposing side with the wipers doesn't want to stay up much, so when it falls by itself my wipers turn on

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help! I really appreciate it!