Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

right hand drive EK impounded! help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default right hand drive EK impounded! help!

I speed because I was late for work around 6:50am on the school zone 25mph doing 55mph when an officer got me on radar gun. he ask me where is my vin number on my dash board i show him my door jam there's a sticker on it that match with my registation. so he call the detective, 15 min later he came then shearch my car. the fire wall doesnt match my registration because it's in japanese vin number. he hand cuff me took me to the downtown SPD (san diego prolice department).

to make the story short:

during the hearin in the court, they say this car is unknown there's no proof that it's the actural car because u can always replace doors, bumpers, etc. but firewall is what u cant replace because the vin number on it is branded.

you probably wonder why i dont show them my old firewall; is because i dont have it. yes i know that's a stupid thing to do but u know **** happens

my question:

is there's another vin number on the body?
is there's a way to find out that the car is the actural car? eventho the firewall is cut to convert to a rhd.

if u can answer my question ill be happy because i dont want them to crush my car!! spents soo much money on it!! GRR ..

thanks in avance

oni
Old 03-19-2007, 03:13 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

why didnt u just tell em what u did?

its obvious if its right hand drive
Old 03-19-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: (tha_badguy)

believe me i did all that but u know... my lawyer told me is because racist....
Old 03-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They should know that there are hidden VINS on the car. Tell them to look at those.. They know where they are.. and this is why you should keep records and pics of the work done..
Old 03-19-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Re: (gotnos2)

haha i got all the pix u know that right? but they still say it doesont proof anything cause u can always switch car make it look like it's that!!
Old 03-19-2007, 03:32 PM

I have 3 words for you:

shank them all
Old 03-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (owney)

thats mess up! i will be mad *** expletive! sorry to hear that.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: (Vt3c_eg)

yea emotion dont get me anywhere right now..

i heard someone told me that there's a vin number on the back on the sideframe and one where u fill up your tank.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This totally completed my life, I can die happy.

Sucks man. Sorry to hear. @ Cops for doing their job.

EDIT:
Seriously though, didn't you contact the CA DMV and ask 'em about this before you did the RHD conversion? I would have. No, these pple just do it, then this **** happens, and they're all like "wtf."

What you're basically saying is "I removed the VIN #'s from the car and now they're claiming they don't know if its my car."

Big surprise.

I'm sure it sounds like I'm an ******* - so if it does, GOOD.

And your lawyer's a ******* *******. His claim is that the cops were being racist...because they arrested you for driving a car w/o any ******* VIN #'s, yes, that's racist, where's Al Sharpton when you need him!??

Old 03-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: right hand drive EK impounded! help! (owney)

55 in a school zone... in my opinion, you deserve everything that's coming to you...

But in the interest of being constructive:

I've heard that California laws are pretty tough to beat on some of these modification things. If you want to save your car, you might want to find a lawyer.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where did you get the conversion from? if you have receipt try showing the receipt.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

i guess it happen to u too
Old 03-19-2007, 03:41 PM

i got the reciept

it say 25mph when u kids is present so yea that time i dont see no kids and speed limit is 40mph if there's no kids like i say i was late for work
Old 03-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that's why you don't convert your car to right hand drive
Old 03-19-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: (sicones)

it's legal to do it tho

this is what they say in court

because honda has the most stolen record we must crush it

#1 stolen cars
Old 03-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sicones &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that's why you don't convert your car to right hand drive </TD></TR></TABLE>

There's a difference between "not seeing any kids" and it not being during school hours. Which was it?

I love how ur lawyer's taking the racist approach, that just cracks me up.

"I removed all my VIN #'s ('cept the engine) and they're saying my car could be stolen, ******* biget racist bitches!!"

This isn't even part of my rant about how much I hate JDM ****, this is simply a prime example of what happens when people don't do their research. I can't believe with all the ricers in CA tryin to do a RHD conversion nobody figured to check w/ the DMV to see what they could do about the legality of it. Of course not, why would they? If a cop comes up you could always outrun 'em, right? F&F FTW!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

they saw all the vin number all of it matches exept the dash and firewall

elementary school start at 8:30am not a school hour yet but teacher go to work earlyer at that time. yes i admit im wrong just give me the fucken ticket and dont impound my car.. they impound my car and left me a ticket without any car to drive.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by owney &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i got the reciept

it say 25mph when u kids is present so yea that time i dont see no kids and speed limit is 40mph if there's no kids like i say i was late for work</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're speeding either way. You're driving a modded car in California where you know there are all these laws and you know that if you get stopped a cop might want to inspect your car and you know that that might be bad.

But you're late for work.

And if it's a school zone, almost 7 in the morning, the fact that you don't see any kids doesn't make it safe to blow through there at 55 mph.

again. Please say something remotely intelligent soon, I feel hypertension setting in.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: (dr92cx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dr92cx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Please say something remotely intelligent soon, I feel hypertension setting in.</TD></TR></TABLE>

More importantly, I feel a lock coming...
Old 03-19-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: (Padawan)

it's not about the speed it's about is there's another way to show them that the car is the actural car?! y is it soo hard and lead off to speeding?
Old 03-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: right hand drive EK impounded! help! (owney)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by owney &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I speed because I was late for work around 6:50am on the school zone 25mph doing 55mph when an officer got me on radar gun. he ask me where is my vin number on my dash board i show him my door jam there's a sticker on it that match with my registation. so he call the detective, 15 min later he came then shearch my car. the fire wall doesnt match my registration because it's in japanese vin number. he hand cuff me took me to the downtown SPD (san diego prolice department).

to make the story short:

during the hearin in the court, they say this car is unknown there's no proof that it's the actural car because u can always replace doors, bumpers, etc. but firewall is what u cant replace because the vin number on it is branded.

you probably wonder why i dont show them my old firewall; is because i dont have it. yes i know that's a stupid thing to do but u know **** happens

my question:

is there's another vin number on the body?
is there's a way to find out that the car is the actural car? eventho the firewall is cut to convert to a rhd.

if u can answer my question ill be happy because i dont want them to crush my car!! spents soo much money on it!! GRR ..

thanks in avance

oni</TD></TR></TABLE>

Reminds me alot of this thread: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1756741

LOL
Old 03-19-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Re: right hand drive EK impounded! help! (B18C_EJ8)

lolz what the heck? i guess
Old 03-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by owney &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont see no kids and speed limit is 40mph if there's no kids like i say i was late for work</TD></TR></TABLE>

And you were still late for work, plus you were put in handcuffs and your car is about to be made into a Mountian Dew can. Way to use your head.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: (nsxmatt)

lolz here we go again about the speed... sigh..
Old 03-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by owney &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lolz here we go again about the speed... sigh..</TD></TR></TABLE>

You posted it on the internet, deal with it.

Quick Reply: right hand drive EK impounded! help!